With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Order Gameplay Trailer and New Digimon, Updated- More Info

Next Order Gameplay Trailer and New Digimon, Updated- More Info

Bandai has put up a new Next Order trailer with quite a bit of gameplay in it.

The trailer shows off various gameplay elements plus a few evolutions.

With the game less than 2 weeks away we weren't expecting much in the way of surprises, but it appears Bandai did have one thing up their sleeve.

Image Thumbnail

A new Digimon!

This Digimon, Boltboutamon, shows up in the post main story content.

He's created from a Piedmon absorbing a Myotismon.

After you defeat him you will be able to get him as one of your Digimon.

His attack is translated as “Palazzi Valzer”, which is fired from his sword "Spiedini."

Digimon World Next Order is currently available for pre-order in the USA at Amazon (affiliate link.)

We're keeping the prior thread open for digihunt related content.

Thanks to DATS24 for the heads up and Gematsu/Games Talk for the image and info about the new Digimon.

Update- Changed the Digimon name and attack based on discussing it with shin and garm.

Update- Changed the name of the Digimon again after Bandai-Namco Europe has referred to him as Boltboutamon.

Update- Further translations for Boltboutamon aren't available at the moment, but Bandai-Namco Europe did toss this over to us.

Image Thumbnail

I believe this is the first time we have an official translation for Meicrackmon's attack, which a number of people had called 'Berserk Thinking.' Ironically I don't believe we know Meicrackmon's official English name yet. Bandai-Namco EU's social media person isn't in the office, but when they are hopefully we can get this info (they think it might be Maycrackmon, but take it with a grain of salt until we get solid info.)

Update- We have official art of Boltboutamon, along with text from Bandai about some of the new features in the upgraded version. Thanks to Gematsu for the heads up. This also confirms Maycrackmon as the name for Meicoomon's evolution.

Image Thumbnail

Armageddemon
    Armageddemon is a powerful Mega form Digimon that you will discover during a brand-new dungeon in the Dimensional District. Once you complete Story Mode, you will have to defeat him to save the Digital World.

Meicoomon and Maycrackmon
    Meicoomon and Maycrackmon, both from Digimon Adventure Tri., are also joining the Digital World for new adventures.

Network Battles
    Players can experience Network Battles thanks to the Dimensional Box at Jijimon’s house. Face other players in a retro atmosphere and gain points from your fights to unlock different kinds of rewards.

Free Post-Launch DLC
    After the release of the game, players will be able to enjoy new content thanks to free downloadable content. Piedmon, Myotismon, and the fearful Boltboutamon are all joining during a new, mysterious event. Several other events, involving different Digimon such as Piedmon, Tukaimon, or Sorcermon, will also be available.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I wonder if it's BoltBautamon or VoltoBautamon. Volto and Bauta are both types of carnival mask... Of course, this being Digimon, his mask is neither of them. His attack is "Parazivarutsaa," which I'm assuming is meant to be Italian, though I don't know Italian well enough to guess what it is.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I'm a Maniac
    It's probably PalazziValzer: Palazzi means "Palaces", Valzer is italian for "Waltz".

"Spiedini" is literally "skewers". Look for it on Google and you get how he uses his weapons.

Also, he's called "Demon Duke" by the captions

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Where did we get Spiedini from? I don't see it in the image.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I just keep wondering why I can't pre-order it in Europe's PSN.

Follow DerMond on DeviantArt
    I wasn't expecting a brand new Digimon for this game. A Piedmon that absorbs a Myotismon. I want to know more about him. Lore wise anyway.

I come from the net
    So... A much worse Piedmon? ...Huh. Theory... That is creepy though. Super interesting too.

I come from the net
    With clear image of him. The hooks on his extra arms' elbows holding up his cape made it look like it's demon wings. Awesome.
    He got two pistols and two long swords. Damn nice. I thought it is all warped up in bandages but it's actually scabbards with skulls.
    He is even more creepier because he got H.R Giger skin designs...

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Where did we get Spiedini from? I don't see it in the image.
    Right side, small text midway down the page. Had to zoom in to find it myself.

Ain't got no mojo... CeciliaCrescent's Avatar
    Still so signs of Accentier. Looks like they removed it from the western version then but kept it in the JP international edition, probably from contract issues with the artist regarding sales outside Japan.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast