With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Next Order Gameplay Trailer and New Digimon, Updated- More Info

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by CeciliaCrescent View Post
    Still so signs of Accentier. Looks like they removed it from the western version then but kept it in the JP international edition, probably from contract issues with the artist regarding sales outside Japan.
    some posts from western Bamco often show us a glimpse of short trailer with accentier song in the middle. So it's still not sure. If SAO gets Eir's song easily, there's no way digimon can't

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    Always cool to see a new Digimon. If it weren't for its components, and how associated they are with the Adventure anime, then I wouldn't think twice about how this one figures into the tri. setting. But... here we are.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Follow MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    Palazivalzer = castle gorund/Palace waltz

nothing to suprising

Baulbautermon, well turns out that Klabautermann is also the italian word for Shipīs Kobold/Goblin, so either Klabautermon (are baul and kla similair in japanese?) or it is set together from 2 words

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    Palazivalzer = castle gorund/Palace waltz
    Oh now that's interesting! I could also see "Palazzi waltzer" working too, if their original intent is an Italian-German mashup.

Baulbautermon, well turns out that Klabautermann is also the italian word for Shipīs Kobold/Goblin, so either Klabautermon (are baul and kla similair in japanese?) or it is set together from 2 words
    Unfortunately, Baul (in the German pronounciation) and Kla would be very different in Japanese from each other. For its name, I was thinking it was formed from 2 words when I translated it.

Thanks for the insight!
    Last edited by Shinraisei; 01-19-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    I messaged Marc about it but I'll just throw it here for discussion anyway; basically everyone in the thread kinda figured it out already before I even got to look at it, and I'm just putting it together. lol

I'm no expert on Italian/German but I'll just put it together:

I'm going with Voltobautamon.
    バウタ is definitely referring to the bauta mask; not only does it usually refer to that in Japanese, from this site: http://slowitaly.yourguidetoitaly.co...enetian-masks/
    "The word bauta refers not just to a mask, but to the entire outfit, worn indifferently by men and women."
    Voltobautamon's design is definitely based of the bauta outfit from its looks haha. [http://yourguidetoitaly.com/slowital...carnival-2.jpg]

The ボルト part can go both ways really; Volto (Italian: face) makes sense based on all the other Italian references, but it could easily be a pun on bolt/volt if it knew any electric-based attacks or something. That one just depends on official romanisation I guess.

Its weapon name is スピエディーニ, Spiedini. Italian for 'skewer'. I don't think there's any debate about this

Its attack name, パラズィヴァルツァー; I do think Palazzi Valzer (Italian: 'Palace Waltz') is what they're going for. Palazzi would usually be パラッツィ, but foreign words often get spelt differently in katakana and ズィ isn't too far off..
    I'm not too sure what 'Paraschwaltzer' is supposed to be though? If it's German, <sch> is almost always spelt シュ so it's likely not anything with 'sch'. ズィ would probably be <si>/<sie> I think? But I couldn't find any German words spelt similarly..
    I think it could be confusing because 'waltzer' (German) and 'valzer' (Italian) are both pronounced the same, but considering the Italian influence of everything else I'd go with Italian.

i can assure you that Parasch is no german word, itīs definitive Palazzi valtzer

Junior Commander
    Baulbautermon, well turns out that Klabautermann is also the italian word for Shipīs Kobold/Goblin,
    Nope. We don't actually have a word for that. Hell, we don't have "spirits": we have Patron Saints. Like, at least half a dozen specifically dealing with fishermen, boatmen, mariners, etc.
    Source on it being the Italian word, too?

Also: Valzer is Italian for Waltz, and pronounced identical to the German Waltzer(Once in a while we do import words, too).

Quote Originally Posted by sirtao View Post
    Baulbautermon, well turns out that Klabautermann is also the italian word for Shipīs Kobold/Goblin,
    Nope. We don't actually have a word for that. Hell, we don't have "spirits": we have Patron Saints. Like, at least half a dozen specifically dealing with fishermen, boatmen, mariners, etc.
    Source on it being the Italian word, too?

Also: Valzer is Italian for Waltz, and pronounced identical to the German Waltzer(Once in a while we do import words, too).
    http://de.dictionarist.com/deutsch-i.../Klabautermann
    and a couple other dictinoray sides

Junior Commander
    They are obviously wrong. I was even in doubt and looked up to my Italian dictionary and a few Italian online dictionaries... didn't found it anywhere.

The Italian for Klabautermann is Klabautermann in the same way as the Italian for Thor is Thor.

Changed the Digimon name and attack name based on garm's translation.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast