With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Order Gameplay Trailer and New Digimon, Updated- More Info

Changed the Digimon's name based on discussing it with shin.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Baultbautermon and Paraschwaltzer? What do they mean?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    his name also reminds me of the german word for ship´s kobold, Klabautermann
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/aXSNbBj.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

I come from the net
    If it weren't for AliceKaninchenbau who pointed out that demon wings is actually cape. Thx

Hmm changed to a new name that is a bit hard to get used to it.
    Baultbautermon. Sounds like it is almost like "Kabuterimon".

I'm still waiting to learn what it means, since at the moment I'm not convinced it's correct. Looks like German.
    MY PROJECTS
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Baultbautermon and Paraschwaltzer? What do they mean?

http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Bault
    https://www.houseofnames.com/bault-family-crest
    http://www.ancestry.co.uk/name-origin?surname=bauter

(They very likely may mean for the beginning to stand in for Bold.)

Shin says the name is literally written as "パラズィヴァルツァー"

You'd want to put that together as a handful of names potentially:
    Paraschwaltzer
    Parazwvaltzer
    Palazivalzer

The names of everything seem tobe a faux German/Italian mix.

We went with Paraschwaltzer because it keeps those origins while also being pronounceable based on the name keeping the flow of it's source languages.

I'm still waiting to learn what it means, since at the moment I'm not convinced it's correct. Looks like German.
    There may not be an actual 'correct' bit to get. Very often Digimon uses alternations and nonsense changes to real elements of different languages.

And of course, the team translating the game will translate the name and the terms on their own. Whether we ever see those translations or an original name and terms they come up with we will know soon enough.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Seems kind of random. I'll stick with VoltoBautamon for now, since it makes sense to me. We'll see how Bandai chooses to romanize it, and that might give us a hint about the name's intent. The dub will probably go with "SkullPiedmon" or something.

Edit:
    Actually, considering that "volto" can just mean "face," I wonder if the name might basically be face-mask-mon. Probably not proper Italian, but that shouldn't surprise us.
    MY PROJECTS

Ow… how he holds his wine glass just looks painful. His tail almost blends in with the background. I see where he takes from Piedmon and several Myotismon forms, but that musketeer-esque hat looks like he also snacked on another Digimon's data. He also sort of looks like a younger Barbamon, I guess.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    So Piemon finally has a super ultimate that’s not a recolour, and it’s fucking glorious. He evolves from a demonic French clown to an even more demonic Italian clown. LOVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    He's created from a Piedmon absorbing a Myotismon.
    KEK the ol’ ‘fuse with your own lower form’ gimmick.

What’s this got to do with anything. He’s a Renaissance Italian-style clown with a fancy masque and Italian attack names. Seems like Italian words for carnival masques are a lot more likely than whatever this is.

Nah volto, bauta, spiedini, palazzi and valzer are all just standard Italian words.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Nah volto, bauta, spiedini, palazzi and valzer are all just standard Italian words.

I'm forwarding the information from shin.

garm will take a look at it when she can.

It may just be Italian, or it may be the fun Digimon habit of combining language things or otherwise making it unclear.

What’s this got to do with anything. He’s a Renaissance Italian-style clown with a fancy masque and Italian attack names. Seems like Italian words for carnival masques are a lot more likely than whatever this is.
    TMS specifically asked what a term meant since we were going with it for the time being. I quoted his post when I posted those in fact. It doesn't mean it's right, but it shows where shin got the name from.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast