With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the Lack of Armor and Spirit Evolutions Bug You?

Does the Lack of Armor and Spirit Evolutions Bug You?

I don't like how there are so few Armor evolutions and Spirit Evolutions in Digimon games. I know they don't have a proper leveling system, but that doesn't mean one can't be made up for them.

Seriously, some Armor Evolutions haven't been playable in a single console Digimon game, like Rinkmon and Frogmon. Spirit Evolutions tend to be in even less, let alone the Hybrids! I'm surprised DaiPenmon even made it to XW Blue/Red.

Anyway, this seems like a trend with certain Digimon... they get left out for Adventure 1 recolours, Tamers recolours and new Digimon. I feel like the same thing has happened to XW Digimon and it will soon happen to Applimon in a few years too.

Absolutely it does. Much as I love Digimon, I hate how often they introduce cool concepts, only to just drop them before even getting the chance to develop them further. Even worse than that though is how many cool Digimon get completely abandoned/ignored in the games. I understand it's probably an issue of budget though. Digimon doesn't really have the popularity or money to model and animate ~1,000+ monsters.

As for Appmon though, that seems like it's supposed to be its own separate thing apart from the "main" franchise, so I wouldn't worry about it being abandoned unless it's a financial failure.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I imagine that unless Appmon is insanely popular it will probably be dropped entirely once its anime is over, except for whatever special crossovers or whatever they might do for the stuff that eventually falls under the Digimon Universe heading.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I totally agree with you, I miss more Armor and Spirit Digimon in the games. Although they belong to a special category, in practice it would be very easy to implement them: most Armor equals the Adult level in the card game (except Magnamon which is primarily considered an Ultimate and some that have also been considered Perfects in Story games, Prairiemon, Kongoumon, Allomon, Lynxmon, Kenkimon, Shadramon, Touncanmon and Magnamon again), while the Spirit ranges from Rookie (Flamon, Strabimon), Adult (Agnimon, Wolfmon, Fairymon, Blitzmon, Chackmon, L÷wemon, Grottomon , Arbormon, Ranamon, Mercuremon, Duskmon), Perfect (Vritramon, Garmmon, Shutsumon, Bolgmon, Blizzarmon, KaiserLeomon, Gigasmon, Petaldramon, Calmaramon, Sephirothmon, Velgrmon), Ultimate (Ardhamon, Beowolfmon, JetSilphymon, RhinoKabuterimon, Daipenmon, Raihimon). Ultimate II (KaiserLeomon, MagnaGarurumon) and Super Ultimate (Susanoomon) in the card game. Even the Xros Digimon, which might be more difficult to include, I don't see actually such a greater difficulty (such as Shoutmon and Gumdramon in Next Order).

With respect to Appmon, it can happen three different things once the anime gets to an end:
    1) It has benn very successful and therefore they continues to release new products on their own, and somehow, it differentiates even more from the "main" franchise.
    2) It has succeed and they decide, for example, to integrate the Appmon into the Digimon (as Habumon said during one interview), or that only the most popular, like the lines of Gatchmon, Dokamon, Musimon, Hackmon, Onmon and Offmon or villains like Cameramon or Mienumon, appear in future video games of the franchise along with the rest of Digimon.
    3) Universe is a commercial failure and surely they forget about Appmon (almost) completely.

In any case, my preferred option would be the 2).

I'm all for Armour and Hybrid Digimon getting more exposure, as they have a lot of great designs. I liked how in Young Hunters, Opossumon was classed Rookie, while Yasyamon was an Ultimate(?), since that suited their designs. I'd like if they just have to bite the bullet assign firm levels to each form. But knowing Digimon, they'll probably keep it loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    2) It has succeed and they decide, for example, to integrate the Appmon into the Digimon (as Habumon said during one interview), or that only the most popular, like the lines of Gatchmon, Dokamon, Musimon, Hackmon, Onmon and Offmon or villains like Cameramon or Mienumon, appear in future video games of the franchise along with the rest of Digimon.
    I'd like that too. Can you link where he mentioned possibly bringing them into the fold?
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Quote Originally Posted by McGann View Post
    I'm all for Armour and Hybrid Digimon getting more exposure, as they have a lot of great designs. I liked how in Young Hunters, Opossumon was classed Rookie, while Yasyamon was an Ultimate(?), since that suited their designs.
    There's no indication that the partner Digimon in Hunters were anything but their standard levels.
    MY PROJECTS
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by McGann View Post
    I'm all for Armour and Hybrid Digimon getting more exposure, as they have a lot of great designs. I liked how in Young Hunters, Opossumon was classed Rookie, while Yasyamon was an Ultimate(?), since that suited their designs.
    There's no indication that the partner Digimon in Hunters were anything but their standard levels.
    Functionally, they fill those roles. Opossumon, like Gatomon, could be closer to Champion power level, but they do shout Cho Shinka during evolution, implying something closer to Ultimate.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Super Evolution in Xros Wars refers to any temporary evolution. It doesn't imply anything about level.
    MY PROJECTS

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    well there are a couple cool designs but in general i┤m not to much of a fan of the armors and spirits.
    what personally really annoys me is that only Ultimates(Megas) are really functional in end-game, i mean atleast make perfects viable! so many great designs go to waste like Astamon, MarinDevimon ect.
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/aXSNbBj.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I totally agree with you, I miss more Armor and Spirit Digimon in the games. Although they belong to a special category, in practice it would be very easy to implement them: most Armor equals the Adult level in the card game (except Magnamon which is primarily considered an Ultimate and some that have also been considered Perfects in Story games, Prairiemon, Kongoumon, Allomon, Lynxmon, Kenkimon, Shadramon, Touncanmon and Magnamon again), while the Spirit ranges from Rookie (Flamon, Strabimon), Adult (Agnimon, Wolfmon, Fairymon, Blitzmon, Chackmon, L÷wemon, Grottomon , Arbormon, Ranamon, Mercuremon, Duskmon), Perfect (Vritramon, Garmmon, Shutsumon, Bolgmon, Blizzarmon, KaiserLeomon, Gigasmon, Petaldramon, Calmaramon, Sephirothmon, Velgrmon), Ultimate (Ardhamon, Beowolfmon, JetSilphymon, RhinoKabuterimon, Daipenmon, Raihimon). Ultimate II (KaiserLeomon, MagnaGarurumon) and Super Ultimate (Susanoomon) in the card game. Even the Xros Digimon, which might be more difficult to include, I don't see actually such a greater difficulty (such as Shoutmon and Gumdramon in Next Order).
    Speaking of Hybrids, it bugs me that there aren't 10/11 confirmed Hybrids and instead it's just 6.

Anyway, I'd have the Ancient Digimon as Ultimate alts and to skip the Ultimate II stage.
    Flamon -> Agnimon -> Vritramon + JetSilphymon + Spirits of Wood Hybrid + Daipenmon + Spirits of Earth Hybrid = KaiserGreymon + MagnaGarurumon = Susanoomon
    Flamon -> Agnimon -> Vritramon -> AncientGreymon + The rest of the Ancient Digimon = Susanoomon

Personally, I'd like it more if some regular Digimon appeared in Applimon ever once in a while.
    Last edited by Takeshi55; 01-13-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast