With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Applimon Another Xros Wars?

Is Applimon Another Xros Wars?

I haven't watched any of this series, but it seems like Digimon or Applimon fuse together to become stronger. I never liked the non-stop fusing aspect of XW, since it seemed lazy and kind of felt like a cheap victory, what with them picking Xrossing together, instead of training and character growth. Also, I hated that the main character's friends got Digivices and Digimon in the last freaking episode!

I don't mind it when Digimon fuse once or twice, but using it over and over to get stronger just rubs me the wrong way. 02, IMO, did the fusing together thing right, since it only happened once per Digimon.

So anyway, should I be worried or will the Apps start evolving eventually?

Honestly, the fusion aspect doesn't seem that important. Gatchmon->DoGatchmon->Globemon looks like it could easily be a regular evolution line, it just so happens to involve fusion. It's not like Xros Wars where all the fusions LOOK like a horrible toy amalgam of digimon limbs glued together.

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    No one knows if 'classic' evolution will appear in Appmon. We haven't received any indication through the anime or the toys that it's going to appear, but given that Xros Wars surprised us with OmegaShoutmon and ZekeGreymon, we also haven't ruled out the possibility that they won't use that mechanic either.

As far as fusions on fusions on fusions go... the introduction of Super Appliarise (and presumably, Ultimate Appliarise down the road) offers a chaser to the excesses of huge Xrosses from XW. It seems like once each character's Buddy Appmon reaches some threshold, they can just summon that version of their Buddy without needing to AppLink. Only half the cast has access to it right now, but presumably once all 4 can do it, then we'll start seeing Ultimate grade Appmon.

EDIT: Ninja'd by ukyou!

Quote Originally Posted by ukyouluvr View Post
    Honestly, the fusion aspect doesn't seem that important. Gatchmon->DoGatchmon->Globemon looks like it could easily be a regular evolution line, it just so happens to involve fusion. It's not like Xros Wars where all the fusions LOOK like a horrible toy amalgam of digimon limbs glued together.
    I agree with this a lot -- the same could be said about Dokamon, Musimon, and Hackmon's lines as well.
    Last edited by Tetra Seleno; 01-10-2017 at 07:05 AM.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Junior Commander
    you can say Appmon is a solid ver of XW. That's what I can tell in general

OT, but why are there now two Hackmon? It's not even a form change/Applimon alt, just so happens that there's two creatures in the Digimon multiverse called Hackmon.

Honestly, the Hackmons just seem like redesigns along the same lines as Savers Falcomon or XW Greymon. They look different but are basically the same species with a new look.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
    OT, but why are there now two Hackmon? It's not even a form change/Applimon alt, just so happens that there's two creatures in the Digimon multiverse called Hackmon.
    No reason. just like there are two Digimon called Golemon, multiple Agumon species that are technically just called "Agumon" in-universe and an entire evolution line of Digimon called Arkadimon. And Hackmon is not the only Appmon that does this, Tsubumon, Pokomon, Batterymon, cardmon and if you want to be semi pedantic also Gaiamon are all names that were "taken" by normal Digimon.

...also, don't call me Igno.

^ And, if you really want to get technical, Raidramon.

Strictly speaking, Raidramon is the dub name of Ligh(t?)dramon from 02.

Yet Raidramon is the super form of Hackmon and (who?).

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    No reason. just like there are two Digimon called Golemon, multiple Agumon species that are technically just called "Agumon" in-universe and an entire evolution line of Digimon called Arkadimon. And Hackmon is not the only Appmon that does this, Tsubumon, Pokomon, Batterymon, cardmon and if you want to be semi pedantic also Gaiamon are all names that were "taken" by normal Digimon.
    But as I said before, Hackmon in Applimon is NOT a sub-species or form change, so of course Agumon and Arkadimon don't need to be mentioned. :/

Also, using the same names for multiple NOT RELATED Digimon is weird.

But as I said before, Hackmon in Applimon is NOT a sub-species or form change
    That's debatable to say the least. Everything from the design of the claws, the patterns of the scales, the cape and of course the the head underneath it is clearly based on the original Hackmon. It has different abilities and a different color scheme, so if it wasn't an Appmon I'm pretty sure most would call it a just another recolor.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast