With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Applimon Another Xros Wars?

Raidramon (Appmon) is spelled "Reidoramon"
    Lighdramon is spelled "Raidoramon"
    Two different words.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Story-wise and characterization-wise is way better Xros Wars (at least comparing the first 14 episodes of each one). Appmon however is better structured in some parts of the show, and maybe fits better with what you are probably more used in respect to a classical anime of Digimon refers. Anyway, although Appmon touches very interesting topics like hacking and the excessive technology dependance, I don't think Appmon will surpass Xros Wars by any means, since the latter is a marvelous season. And by the way, I agree that some DigiXros are arguably aesthetically "horrible", but it has always existed hideous Digimon like Holydramon since much earlier -.-'

My conclusion: they are not the same kind of series at all, and I personally think that you won't regret it if you give a try to both of them. Hope it helps a bit.
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 01-11-2017 at 03:49 AM.

So don't Digimon exist in Applimon, or are there just way more Applimon than Digimon?

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
    So don't Digimon exist in Applimon, or are there just way more Applimon than Digimon?
    So far no Digimon have appeared in Appmon, only the Appmon themselves. There have been references to Digimon but mostly just as background easter eggs.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
    They don't even mention the word Digimon in the series, even though it's in the title. The only mon that exist in this universe are the Appmon, maybe they'll discover Digimon later on or find out that Digimon and Appmon share a common ancestor. As far as it being like Xros Wars, meh not really it's more like Tamers, and there's not a new fusion every episode like Xros Wars.

I come from the net
    Yes, but a good version of it. It's like they took all the creativity Xros Wars/Fusion had & gave it a system to work with so that nothing seems too confusing. No mess, no unnecessary arguments about power levels & evolutions, no BS. And I love it so much for that.

Ain't got no mojo... RifterSoulDigitize's Avatar
    From what i have scene the fusions are just used to unlock the evolution so basically Digimon A needs to get to its next evolution so the tamer > defeats > captures the digimon needed > appli links them once > and once they do it enough the chip for the evolution is activated and a appli fusion/link isnt needed anymore , basically apllimonsters need help from others to evolve but once they get the hang of it they can do it solo

Quote Originally Posted by RifterSoulDigitize View Post
    From what i have scene the fusions are just used to unlock the evolution so basically Digimon A needs to get to its next evolution so the tamer > defeats > captures the digimon needed > appli links them once > and once they do it enough the chip for the evolution is activated and a appli fusion/link isnt needed anymore , basically apllimonsters need help from others to evolve but once they get the hang of it they can do it solo
    So like DW Next Order? You need to befriend certain Digimon to get your Digimon to evolve to that path.

Anyway, I'm glad that this series is good, since I was worried when I found out about two Digimon series running at once and I though that Applimon would suck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12