With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gatomon armor digivolving

Completely digital

Gatomon armor digivolving

It's kind of weird that Gatomon is the only champion that armor digivolves and Salamon, her rookie form, doesn't or can't armor digivolve.

Also Gatomon even needing to armor digivolve in the first place seemed contigent on her losing her tail ring and being reduced to the strength of a rookie. Was the digimental of light placed at its location by the homeostasis/harmonious ones after she lost her tail ring?

Of course the real answer is marketing. They wanted Gatomon to armor digivolve like the others and they needed an excuse for her to need to and they weren't about to have her devolve to Salamon on a permanent basis as a default by still

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Technically Tailmon isn't the only Adult-level Digimon to Armor evolve, even though she is in the anime.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    gatomon been a child level in some v-pets also armors are sometimes classified as perfects
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/aXSNbBj.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Technically Tailmon isn't the only Adult-level Digimon to Armor evolve, even though she is in the anime.
    Also Plotmon X can evolve (not armor evolve) to Nerfertimon X so go figure.

Completely digital Lord Archfiend Kliff's Avatar
    And Plotmon has actually armored evolved to Maildramon I think, before, so, it's not like it never Armor evolved.

That reminds me the TCG has a lot of really interesting evolutions especially when it comes to armour evolution. Chackmon with the Digimental of Friendship to Togemogumon comes to mind, and Pile Volcadramon evolves from the Digimental of Friendship too. It was the only other place the Crests from Adventure were used too. I wish armour Digimon were used as much in newer games as the TCG

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    That reminds me the TCG has a lot of really interesting evolutions especially when it comes to armour evolution. Chackmon with the Digimental of Friendship to Togemogumon comes to mind, and Pile Volcadramon evolves from the Digimental of Friendship too. It was the only other place the Crests from Adventure were used too. I wish armour Digimon were used as much in newer games as the TCG
    Yeah, I like the armors. It's like they gave up showing most of them by the time Savers came around, since 02, Tamers and Frontier showed a lot of them. I want Allomon, Toucanmon and Frogmon back.

Dawn and Dusk had a nice selection of Armor Evolutions and I don't like it when only 02/Veemon Armor Evolutions show up in the games.
    Last edited by Takeshi55; 01-11-2017 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
    Yeah, I like the armors. It's like they gave up showing most of them by the time Savers came around, since 02, Tamers and Frontier showed a lot of them. I want Allomon, Toucanmon and Frogmon back.
    That is false. According to stats from the wikis there is no trend to show less armor Digimon over time.

1. Maildramon
    2. Lynxmon
    3. Allomon
    4. Flybeemon
    5. Harpymon

Those are the only Armor Digimon that appear in Tamers (the armor level pretty much vanishes during the second half).

Savers shows exactly twice as many Armor level Digimon than tamers does:

1. Digmon
    2. Toucanmon
    3. Pteranomon
    4. Boarmon
    5. Lynxmon
    6. Kongoumon
    7. Baromon
    8. Sepikmon
    9. Tylomon
    10. Yaksamon
    11. Pipismon
    12. Magnamon

If we take the first tamers movie into account, which shows Baromon, Sepikmon, Tylomon, Pipismon, Ponchomon, Pteranomon and Archelomon the total for Tamers gets bumped up to 12 but that's still not more than Savers.
    (and let's not forget that the first stage of the Bio Digimon were based on Armors as well even though the Bio-Hybrids are technically adults)

In Frontier we have:

1. Kongoumon
    2. Sepikmon
    3. Ponchomon
    4. Toucanmon
    5. Puchiemon
    6. Digmon
    7. Nohemon
    8. chamelemon
    9. Pipismon
    10. Honeybeemon
    11. Goatmon
    12. Swanmon
    13. Nefertimon

That's merely one more species than in Savers, although Frontier gets a bit more ahead if we count movie 7 which has FlaWizarmon, Boarmon, Bitmon and Yaksamon.

However no previous Digimon season is able to beat Xros Wars in terms of Armor representation:

1. Rhinomon
    2. Pteramon
    3. Archelomon
    4. Mantaraymon
    5. Prairiemon
    6. Harpymon
    7. Puchiemon
    8. Gargomon
    9. Pegasmon
    10. Kongoumon
    11. Honeybeemon
    12. Shurimon
    13. Kabukimon
    14. Togemogumon
    15. Searchmon
    16. Seahomon
    17. Toucanmon
    18. Yasyamon
    19. Salamandemon
    20. Flybeemon
    21. Depthmon
    22. Bitmon
    23. Saggitarimon
    24. Thunderbirmon
    25. Setmon
    26. Bullmon
    27. Opossumon
    28. Chamelemon
    29. Swanmon
    30. Moosemon
    31. Harpymon
    32. FlaWizarmon
    33. Allomon
    34. Pipismon
    35. Gargomon
    36. Magnamon
    37. Submarimon

...In fact at 37 it more than doubles the amount of species in comparison to Frontier.

(personally I assume that Appmon will end up being the season showing the least armor Digimon btw)
    Last edited by Theigno; 01-11-2017 at 09:14 AM.

...also, don't call me Igno.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, I actually love that you can just post these kinds of factual lists...

But where did you pull up a list like this? Do you just have these kinds of stats lying around? Or did you wiki-dive and compile it on your own just for this post?

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
    That is false. According to stats from the wikis there is no trend to show less armor Digimon over time.

1. Maildramon
    2. Lynxmon
    3. Allomon
    4. Flybeemon
    5. Harpymon

Those are the only Armor Digimon that appear in Tamers (the armor level pretty much vanishes during the second half).

Savers shows exactly twice as many Armor level Digimon than tamers does:

1. Digmon
    2. Toucanmon
    3. Pteranomon
    4. Boarmon
    5. Lynxmon
    6. Kongoumon
    7. Baromon
    8. Sepikmon
    9. Tylomon
    10. Yaksamon
    11. Pipismon
    12. Magnamon

If we take the first tamers movie into account, which shows Baromon, Sepikmon, Tylomon, Pipismon, Ponchomon, Pteranomon and Archelomon the total for Tamers gets bumped up to 12 but that's still not more than Savers.
    (and let's not forget that the first stage of the Bio Digimon were based on Armors as well even though the Bio-Hybrids are technically adults)

In Frontier we have:

1. Kongoumon
    2. Sepikmon
    3. Ponchomon
    4. Toucanmon
    5. Puchiemon
    6. Digmon
    7. Nohemon
    8. chamelemon
    9. Pipismon
    10. Honeybeemon
    11. Goatmon
    12. Swanmon
    13. Nefertimon

That's merely one more species than in Savers, although Frontier gets a bit more ahead if we count movie 7 which has FlaWizarmon, Boarmon, Bitmon and Yaksamon.

However no previous Digimon season is able to beat Xros Wars in terms of Armor representation:

1. Rhinomon
    2. Pteramon
    3. Archelomon
    4. Mantaraymon
    5. Prairiemon
    6. Harpymon
    7. Puchiemon
    8. Gargomon
    9. Pegasmon
    10. Kongoumon
    11. Honeybeemon
    12. Shurimon
    13. Kabukimon
    14. Togemogumon
    15. Searchmon
    16. Seahomon
    17. Toucanmon
    18. Yasyamon
    19. Salamandemon
    20. Flybeemon
    21. Depthmon
    22. Bitmon
    23. Saggitarimon
    24. Thunderbirmon
    25. Setmon
    26. Bullmon
    27. Opossumon
    28. Chamelemon
    29. Swanmon
    30. Moosemon
    31. Harpymon
    32. FlaWizarmon
    33. Allomon
    34. Pipismon
    35. Gargomon
    36. Magnamon
    37. Submarimon

...In fact at 37 it more than doubles the amount of species in comparison to Frontier.

(personally I assume that Appmon will end up being the season showing the least armor Digimon btw)
    OK, fair point, but there's still no Frogmon or Rinkmon love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast