With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If OmegaShoutmon had a Level what would it be?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    No, they evolve. Tactimon mentions how long it took him to attain his current form, and in the manga Bagramon talks about how evolution used to be common.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
    I don't think Digimon DO evolve in XW (outside of Baby -> Baby 2 -> Child) and they just stay as Child level, until they learned to Xros/Fuse or do whatever Shoutmon did. That means all Adult-Ultimate level Digimon are Child level and can only get stronger if they Fuse.
    Evolution within Xros Wars isn't the same thing as what happens in the other animes - it's a short-hand for aging-as-a-continuous-process, not a clear-cut series of metamorphoses (see Shoutmon in XW contra in Hunters, Cutemon's parents, Baalmon in the flashback; all three/four are specifically the same but older).

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    OmegaShoutmon does have a level now, actually. He's an Adult that happens to be more powerful than is standard. Magnamon is usually depicted the same way.
    Magnamon is armour with the power of a mega.

Omegashoutman is a warp evolution to mega. You can't be a champion and defeat a mega, that'd mean if he became a mega he'd be the most powerful Digimon to ever live.

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
    OmegaShoutmon does have a level now, actually. He's an Adult that happens to be more powerful than is standard. Magnamon is usually depicted the same way.

Omegashoutman is a warp evolution to mega. You can't be a champion and defeat a mega, that'd mean if he became a mega he'd be the most powerful Digimon to ever live.
    Lucemon in child form is far above many megas, your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways View Post

Lucemon in child form is far above many megas, your point is?
    Lucemon is a demon lord. Omegashoutmon is a normal Digimon.
    Why would a normal champion be as strong as a mega? just because the game says he is champion does not mean he actually is in the show.

No, Lucemon isn't a Demon Lord, it's a Child-level Angel Digimon. OmegaShoutmon isn't exactly a "normal" Digimon, since it was given its power by one of the Royal Knights. But anyway, I don't see why Magnamon is allowed to be an Ultimate-powered Adult while OmegaShoutmon isn't.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories

For whatever it's worth, OmniShoutmon's Re- card has evo requirements of both Shoutmon and Omnimon and carries the Omega InForce. Given that Magnamon has been given a number of classifications (Armor, Champion, Ultimate, and Mega), I see no reason why OmniShoutmon can't have different-level variants. It would be far from a precedent.

Evolutionarily, OmniShoutmon really is Shoutmon's second stage. Was there something in the Digital World's operating system that was screwing with level data as well as the avility to evolve? *shrug* Would a more familiar Digital World's OS render him as a different level? *shrugs again* In terms of abilities, OmniShoutmon's powerful, but he's still not exactly clean-cut.

In the TCG, OmniShoutmon's attacks are slightly stronger than those of Magnamon. Comparing to the Greymon line, this is between early MetalGreymon and WarGreymon. However, this is also rather comparable to Greymon's Re-71 card. What with level creep, the Ultimate(Perfect)-class designation makes a lot of sense, but any of the three levels in question would be logical for varying reasons. If I were just using these cards, though, I'd really hold off on a definitive designation as a Mega as these stats are still lower than MarineAngemon. For reference, Shoutmon X7's Re-41 card gives him more power than we've ever seen from even the likes of Huanglongmon. Of course, X7 Superior Mode doesn't show nearly as much of an OP boost as logic or math might suggest, but that's another can of Wormmons.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    No, Lucemon isn't a Demon Lord, it's a Child-level Angel Digimon. OmegaShoutmon isn't exactly a "normal" Digimon, since it was given its power by one of the Royal Knights. But anyway, I don't see why Magnamon is allowed to be an Ultimate-powered Adult while OmegaShoutmon isn't.
    To clarify, only Lucemon's Chaos Mode is treated as a Demon Lord. And technically all three of Lucemon's main stages, not counting Larva, are overpowered for their Levels: The Rookie stage is equal to a Champion, Chaos Mode is Ultimate/Perfect but equal to a Mega, and Shadowlord Mode is Mega but equal to an Ultra.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Actually, Lucemon's profile says that its power surpasses that of a Perfect-level Digimon.
    MY PROJECTS

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I feel like this is like Minotarumon and Whamon where the species has multiple Levels.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast