With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon 20th Countdown Ends- V-Pet Details, Images, and Pre-Orders, Update- 2nd Wave

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    The new mascot of the franchise looks very promising!! Is there any mention on how many obtainable Digimon will be in the new V-Pet!? I'm very excited with this announcement...Digimon returns to its origins ^^
    Yeah I wonder if this is all the Digimon should we expect more?

I'm surprised how much the selection of Digimon captures the spirit of the original Vpets too. There's Digimon chosen from all over the entire franchise. Aegisdramon is a huge surprise! He was just a new Digimon for Digimon Story that was only used for mobile card games. I'm happy they're acknowledging Dracomon too, he seems to be a bit ignored especially because he was the first Anniversary Digimon.

I'm not sure how I like the new guy yet but he's kind of cute. I wonder if he will get all new forms or what he will evolve into in this.

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    The profile said it's one of the Legend-Arms. Interesting
    Yup. As DATS24 is aware, I put Zubamon's profile through Google translate and then fine tuned it for posting on Facebook not too long ago. Figured I'd post it here too.

This Digimon is one of the "Legend Arms" who carry out transformations into giant, peerless weapons based on the master they choose, and which according to legend, "if held by an angel will save the world, and if held by a demon will destroy the world." Zubamon has the data of a "Twentist" and often says, "I am a twentist!", but he himself does not actually know what this means. He prefers sharp edges over curved edges, and he is a skilled Digimon in both battles and pranks. His special attack is a headbutt known as Twenty Dive, but Zubamon's true power comes when he takes the form of weapons.

Stay tuned, his evolved forms will gradually be revealed!
    Information needed for playing stuff against me online... and stuff.
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, King of Fighters XIV, and once it's out, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory)

It seems like it'll only need around 4-5 days to reach ultimate.
    Last edited by kintang; 01-05-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by WarOmnimon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    The profile said it's one of the Legend-Arms. Interesting
    Yup. As DATS24 is aware, I put Zubamon's profile through Google translate and then fine tuned it for posting on Facebook not too long ago. Figured I'd post it here too.

This Digimon is one of the "Legend Arms" who carry out transformations into giant, peerless weapons based on the master they choose, and which according to legend, "if held by an angel will save the world, and if held by a demon will destroy the world." Zubamon has the data of a "Twentist" and often says, "I am a twentist!", but he himself does not actually know what this means. He prefers sharp edges over curved edges, and he is a skilled Digimon in both battles and pranks. His special attack is a headbutt known as Twenty Dive, but Zubamon's true power comes when he takes the form of weapons.

Stay tuned, his evolved forms will gradually be revealed!
    Wait wait by "Legendary Arms" you meant the same type as Spadamon and Armamon??? This is huge men!! Didn't expect this at all! I'm totally hyped!!!

By the way, what is a "Twentist"?
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 01-05-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Updated the article with images, proper translations and information for everything.

The reason it took so long was me and shin were going over everything with a fine toothed comb to make it as good as possible (down to arguing about some of the made up terms they used.)

By the way, what is a "Twentist"?
    It seems to be a made up term. It appears they want him to be openly 'be' the 20th anniversary Digimon in his backstory, but it's sort of hard to 'say' it with any context... so they just have him say it even though he has no idea what it means (hence having it be a bit of a made up word.)

It's likely meant to be Twentiest, a pseudo combination of twenty and greatest.

And just to clarify, Zubamon is 'not' a new franchise mascot. He's the anniversary Digimon.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    Hoping Zubamon might be "Mordred" knight. But after seeing those translated, I guess not. This is the first time that Child level that is completely covered in the armor. Kinda OP for a Child level.

kind of disappointing to be honest considering we already knew quite a bit of the V-pet's functions. Is a site with more in-depth information nice? Yeah. But was it worth a 45 day countdown? ...probably not.
    I'm pleased with some of the digimon in the roster like BanchouMamemon and Titamon but generally V-pets can't move me too much.

Zubamon is definitely the biggest piece of news... it looks neat but is also shows a few of the annoyances with Digimond esigns in the last 3 or so years. While I like the design it just feels like something should be two or more levels above child. This guy is already approaching Jesmon levels of complexity, what could he evolve into that goes up from there? But at least they aren't taking his "twenty" theme too seriously. Although I wonder how it connects to the Legend Arms part of the profile... he's only a single part so should be more like him maybe 20 parts in total? If all the parts are digimon as well this could be a nice new Digimon group (but hopefully one that won't take a decade to complete like certain others lol).
    But who knows... a V-pet, even if it's more elaborate than usual doesn't have much potential for an actual story so I guess we'll have to see where this guy will score his first bigger role... maybe that rumored new Digimon game that was teased in interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    This is the first time that Child level that is completely covered in the armor.

...also, don't call me Igno.

By any chance, would Bandai release a 3rd color or a new color for the Vpets? I'm super excited about the gameplay but I just wish they have more variety of colors >.<

I come from the net
    It's just armored Chess piece. This Zubamon is a creature in full armor. Not sure if he is another Dragon Man.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    About Zubamon's name, I'm guessing it just comes from 'ズバッ' (zuba), a Japanese onomatopoeia for slashing/something being cut.
    Its profile does talk a lot about it liking sharpness.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast