With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Re:Link (Episode 5 added)

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt

Digimon Re:Link (Episode 5 added)

Hey all.

So this is a project I've been working on, on-and-off, for a while. A handful of you might remember a fanfic I once published here named "Digimon Densetsu". To cut a long story short, I wasn't entirely happy with it and this is basically a reboot of that. Kept the basic premise and characters more or less the same but I've made a lot of changes to make it into what is, hopefully, a genuinely entertaining and engaging story. I've already got the first handful of episodes written but I've been putting off posting them for too long. Figured I may as well share the first episode and see how it goes from there, rather than give myself a large buffer as I did with my previous work.

Digimon Re:Link Was originally envisioned as how I'd make my own season of Digimon. The story is set in kind of an amalgamated universe that borrows elements from the first five seasons of the Digimon anime. Some original characters will appear, some... uh, not-so-original characters will also appear, and a few familiar faces from the franchise we all know and love will also appear. What kind of roles will they play in the story? Read on to find out!

This first post will be updated with links to each new chapter as they're posted. I should add: the episodes I've written tend to be quite long, often between 15 and 20 pages. I'm debating splitting them into smaller chapters for easier reading, though that will depend on what sort of feedback I get.

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Prologue

Episode 01 - "Enter"

Episode 02 - "Digisoul"

Episode 03 - "Player Two"

Episode 04 - "Phoenix Rising"

Episode 05 - "Puppet Master"
    Last edited by wildwing64; 02-19-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Episode 2 is now up. Less of a set-up story than the first so maybe it'll give you more a feel for the world that's being established.

Also, I've started adding episode titles.

Episode 3 is up. A new character joins our protagonist's small and slowly growing team, and he isn't particularly happy about who it is.

Episode 4 has been added. Another familiar face has come from afar to join our protagonist's team.

Sidenote: This is probably my favourite one that I've written so far. Also, there's a fair bit of meta humour which I'm sure some of you will appreciate

Episode 5 is now up. The threat emerges and the stakes have been raised.

For the time being this is the last chapter I have finished. Episode 6 is in the works but I'm not sure when I'll have that ready. Until then, any comments are welcome and appreciated!

I like the setup and the writing is competent but I struggle with reading first person stories. I don't really get a good sense of Steven as a person, despite him being the narrator.

Still, I like the world building and the MMO setup was fun and reminiscent of DMW3 and the Next manga!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I like the setup and the writing is competent but I struggle with reading first person stories. I don't really get a good sense of Steven as a person, despite him being the narrator.

Still, I like the world building and the MMO setup was fun and reminiscent of DMW3 and the Next manga!
    Thanks for reading!

Yeah, looking back at Episode 1 in particular I can see where you're coming from. Less of a developing character and more of a comedy protagonist. This was written much earlier than later chapters which might explain that, but I think he gets better in this regard from 2 onwards.

The MMO setup was something I had in mind when writing an even earlier version of this, back around 2004 or 2005-ish. Of all the things, the main influence at the time was actually RuneScape. I was an N64 kid so I never got to play DMW3