With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Daemon corps in 02

Completely digital

The Daemon corps in 02

Where did they come from? I'm assuming not Dagomon's ocean.

Why was SkullSatamon so overpowered? He freezes Imperialdramon in his tracks despite Imperialdramon being a level higher and allegedly one of the most powerful Digimon and he waltz through the rest of the Digimon even though logically HolyAngemon should have been able to one KO'd him

Did LadyD have any connection to the one in Adventure?

What was the point of Daemon being too powerful to destroy? It seems like they were maybe saving him for a third Adventure series immediately following 02 but surely by then they knew Tamers was going to be independent from the Adventure canon? .(And sadly it seems doubtful Tri will bring him back seems it seem only interested in Adventure callbacks)

Completely digital Lord Archfiend Kliff's Avatar
    At least in terms of SkullSatamon it was mostly treated as Ultimate (Mega) during its 02 appearances, being anime or the toys. Only after was it downgraded to a Perfect (Ultimate) level.

As such, Imperialdramon and SkullSatamon, at least on a level basis, where equally matched.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    SkullSatamon was Perfect-level in 02, but it was indeed Ultimate-level in Anode/Cathode Tamer. I think it was just a very strong one, or the species is very strong. As for where they came from, the guide books say that their habitat is the World of Darkness (and an episode recap says they came from there), but it probably was a different part of it than Dagomon's Ocean. And no, I don't think there was any connection between the two LadyDevimon.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I don't think Imperialdramon's defeat had anything to do with strength in general. It's not like it even attempted to dodge the attack with any advanced ultimate reflexes it might possess, it simply stood there and took the attack, while the other Digimon were already weakened just by having been in the human world for too long.

As Koushiro points out the Nail Bone attack actually attacks the victims data itself which might be interpreted differently than your average physical crush or laser attack. After all it's not like there was any physical damage to Imperialdramon's armor he was simply bugged out, not something I would equate to physical strength. After all if an attack manipulates data it's not like it matters what the data describes, Ultimate Digimon are the same patterns made out of 0s and 1s as all other digimon, maybe a pattern programmed to produce considerably more energy and fighting power but if you can just freely screw with data in general this doesn't matter. It's the same concept that made the Dot Matrix in V-Tamer so powerful: corrupting data can just bypass any defensive properties regardless of strong the material would normally be.
    Last edited by Theigno; 12-26-2016 at 08:15 PM.

...also, don't call me Igno.

I come from the net
    I don't think SkullSatamon is so powerful. He is too quick when he attacks first and jumping over all places. Imperialdramon got frozen because Paildramon evolved. Also he is still too fast for him to react. How do Imperidaldramon defeat him? With his laser cannon could destroy the whole place.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    , while the other Digimon were already weakened just by having been in the human world for too long.
    Yeah and that was an incredibly irritating asspull on the episodes part. The Digimon arrived on Dec 24 and that took place on Dec 26. That's not any longer than Adventure when they arrived on Aug
    1 and stayed till Aug 3rd. They actually possibly got stronger in the real world seeing as how Agumon and Gabumon were able to learn how to maintain their child forms from devolving to perfect instead of baby 2 while in the real world.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I have this personal theory that the Daemon from 02 is the same as the one from Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01. According to this, while he's dormant inside the body of Arkadimon, he decides to travel between Universes seeking something that grants him supreme power, the same as the Digitama of Arkadimon in origin (the Dark Seed in the case of 02). To this end, he then decides to revive certain Digimon of different Universes (LadyDevimon of Adventure and MarinDevimon and SkullSatamon of V-Tamer) so that they form part of his army. However, when he confronts the children of 02, he realizes that the Dark Seed doesn't really possess the power he was looking for, and that's why he "lets himself be defeated" without resisting (beyond his innate pride as a Demon Lord of course). Thus, the name of the Daemon "Corps" is also a play on the word "corpse", that would also explain why they are so OP (a zombie is meant to be x10 stronger than a normal human).

Seems a little weird that he could travel to another universe while inside Arkadimon. I would also like to point out that the word "corps" was only used by the dub.
    MY PROJECTS
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]

Weren't they just called "Nightmare Soldiers" in the original? It's been a while since I watched it in Japanese.

No, the Nightmare Soldiers were Piemon's army. Demon and company were called Demon Gundan, which could be translated as Demon Corps, but it doesn't use the English word, which is pronounced differently from corpse anyway.
    MY PROJECTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast