With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Seven Demon Lords - Strongest To Weakest

The Seven Demon Lords - Strongest To Weakest

This is the list of the strongest Demon Lord Digimon

1 - Lucemon Satan Mode
    2 - Daemon Super Ultimate
    3 - Beelzemon Blast Mode
    4 - Barbamon
    5 - Belphemon
    6 - Lilithmon
    7 - Leviamon

What do you guys think do you think maybe beelzemon is weaker than Barbamon or is leviamon stronger than lilithmon. Who do you think is the strongest and weakest

Technically Satan Mode, Super Ultimate, and Blast Mode aren't the members of the group.

So maybe...

1. Lucemon FD Mode (he's still technically considered the leader, and he's portrayed as ridiculously strong in all of his appearances, so I'm comfortable with him at the top)
    2. Beelzebumon (beating Megidramon will never not be impressive to me)
    3. Barbamon (his appearances in NEXT and the Story games are scary)
    4. Belphemon
    5. Lilithmon (Kind of portrayed as a chump in XW)
    6. Daemon (Same, but in 02)
    7. Leviamon (No big appearances, but also the most bestial of the 7DL and non-humanoid digimon tend to get featured less prominently in the media, so the impression is they're weaker. But hey, maybe he'll turn out to be Appmon's villain?)

Quote Originally Posted by ukyouluvr View Post
    Technically Satan Mode, Super Ultimate, and Blast Mode aren't the members of the group.

So maybe...

1. Lucemon FD Mode (he's still technically considered the leader, and he's portrayed as ridiculously strong in all of his appearances, so I'm comfortable with him at the top)
    2. Beelzebumon (beating Megidramon will never not be impressive to me)
    3. Barbamon (his appearances in NEXT and the Story games are scary)
    4. Belphemon
    5. Lilithmon (Kind of portrayed as a chump in XW)
    7. Leviamon (No big appearances, but also the most bestial of the 7DL and non-humanoid digimon tend to get featured less prominently in the media, so the impression is they're weaker. But hey, maybe he'll turn out to be Appmon's villain?)

I really hope we see more of Leviamon and Barbamon in the anime.
    but i do think daemon is stronger than Lilithmon. Also i am pretty sure Lucemon of the Demon Lords can go Satan Mode. Also didn't Belzemon have help beating Megidramon, Without taking the data of the ultimate Digimon i think Beelzemon might have lost.

I come from the net
    Leviamon. I thought at first, he is not very impressive looking not enough intimidating. But all his game appearance and official profile made me having second thoughts. He could be the biggest one who said to chew the digital world, maybe he'd be so much bigger as Examon.

Lucemon Falldown Mode. Obviously with extreme brute force and intelligence plus it's not possible for the Darkness and Light power to coexist but used as the battle technique but extremely unstable. Only he use Light power outside of this group to resist the most Holy types.

Belphemon Rage Mode. Total Destruction and Pure Raw Power but I don't know if he might be mindless beast due to full of rage. But those muscles... Quite nice.

Barbamon. I know everyone wonder why I picked Barbamon despite it's just old greedy wizard with OP magic but think about it. Thanks to his endless greediness, it actually serve as so much information and knowledge granted Barbamon to use it like the pawns to move he desires in mastermind tactics maybe?

Lilithmon. (Excluding Xros War), I'd like to think her as cruel, selfish, spoiled, cunning lady who uses her beautiful figure to trick anybody to get something what she want. Her rotting hand technique sounded like it's Grim Reaper who only touch with the power of Death or Decay, basically like Saitama's One punch but one touch of Death/Decay can rid of the most incoming attacks not even close combat types can touch her.

Demon. Sadly he only appeared once in V-Tamer. Everyone thought Demon is the most weakest one among this group just because of this "Wrath" so it gave everyone under impression of Demon as a vengeful mindless Demon with full rage only thought of revenge on God and Holy types. However Demon did have good intelligence which he tricked a certain tamer to grant him Ultimate Mode? He actually does have huge patience and brain to wait for his plans to set off.

Lastly...Beelzebumon? Well... With all guns and claws. That's it. Wish they just could show how good is he in next appearances.

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    not counting secondary forms

1. Lucemon FM, the leader and massive powerhouse and DoA Hax
    2. Beelzemon, according to profile seems to be the second strongest
    3. Leviamon, again the profile seems to indicate that he is massively strong

not sure about which should be 4 and 5, Daemon and Belphemon seem strong though hard to judge

6.Barbamon
    7.Lilithmon

the last two are more plotting and manipulating, but kinda lack in raw power.
    though i put Barbamon above Lilithmon cause his Pandemonium Flame so much stronger then BelialVamdemonīs attack.

Completely digital Lord Archfiend Kliff's Avatar
    With everything said, with the few knowledge I have of Barbamon's, Lucemon's and Leviamon's powers, my ranking is:

1. Lucemon FM, mostly because of being the leader and all of that.
    2. Leviamon, going by its reference book entry it seems to be quite strong, a lot of destroys a huge amount of stuff and all and while it may seem more destructive than Lucemon I still would bet on Lucemon more easily.
    3. Daemon, since it even for a small period of time actually handled Arkhadimon inside of it. That's really impressing seeing that a Baby level Arkhadimon could delete a Piemon.
    4. Beelzebmon, this is mostly because I consider agility>most other things, but also helps that it has had a lot of appearances, so it's power level can be measured more easily. It's also said to be a competent general according to the null cannon.
    5. Belphemon RM was previously sharing its spot with Leviamon but even if strong I think it may be weaker than it.
    6. Barbamon is cunning but that's about all I know about it. Seems still slightly stronger than Lilithmon but if you which you could have it share this spot with it.
    7. Lilithmon, I love that Lilithmon's most threatning attack was easily shrugged off by DarkKnightmon in the Manga by just cutting his arm off. Main reason Lilithmon may be the lowest tiered. Probably still one of the strongest Ultimate levels but not on par with the others.

I think, in terms of tiering, Leviamon is hard to properly judge since his few appearances. The difference between it, and say Beelzebmon, is that Beelzebmon seems much more agile and could probably be on an advantage in a 1 on 1 fight, but Leviamon could probably dispatch of larger groups.

EDIT: Looking back decided to change a few rankings reading others opinions and Digimon Reference Book entrances.
    Last edited by Lord Archfiend Kliff; 12-26-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Leviamon - I think he's the strongest of the group by far. According to his official profile, he's the strongest monster existing in the Digital World (ahead of Examon, which according to CS is the strongest of the Royal Knights in terms of power, so I can't imagine how powerful Leviamon is). Lucky Taiga, who due to its lack of interest, never had to face it in Decode. I have this theory that the creators of Digimon Universe Appli Monsters had the whole idea of Leviathan, not only because of the simile of the Ocean Net and the mythological creature, but as an Appmon version of Leviamon.

Lucemon Falldown Mode - Probably the most powerful Perfect Digimon existing, I think he deserves the title of the Leader of the Revolution against God. As we can check in many media, only a few Digimon can face this Digimon without being annihilated (and let's not talk about Satan Mode...).

Belphemon Rage Mode - I think in Belphemon as the most destructive Digimon of the group. Its innate anger and the destroying ability of its attacks make it the kind of Digimon you wouldn't want to have as an enemy. However, I have problems deciding if the third place should go to him or to Daemon.

Daemon - Being able to manipulate the 0s and 1s of the Digital World, he represents the perfect balance between intellect and the power of Hell. He's definetely one of the most powerful evil creatures in the Digital World made of pure darkness. Nevertheless, in Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 he is aware that there are strongest Digimon than him and that's why he seeks the perfection with the Digitama of Arkadimon. If I have to consider Demon Super Ultimate, then I'll put him on the second place with no doubts.

Lilithmon
    - First of all, the anime of Xros Wars doesn't do her justice. As a talented sorcerer, I think she's the strongest female Digimon ever, and one of the most powerful Ultimates. However, the other four are probably ahead of her, that's why she deserves this position. Worth mentioning that in the manga, DarkKnightmon loses his senses just after absorbing Lilithmon, that can give us the idea of the great power that she entails.

Beelzemon - As an average Demon Lord, he occupies the 6th position in my personal ranking. Lucemon and him are probably the most swift Digimon in the group, and its prominent skills with guns make him a worthy opponent as we can see in Digimon Tamers.

Barbamon - I see him as the weakest Demon Lord, but the best tactician of all of them. That's why he is able to cheat Yggdrasill in Next, Armamon in Super Xros Wars and the other Demon Lords and protagonists in Decode. He's the kind of clever strategist that has to use the others to achieve his goals, that's essentially why I put him in the last position.

Extra - Also, important to mention that Ogudomon, as the Jogress of the Seven, may be one of the most powerful beings in the Digital World (if not the most), probably more than ZeedMillenniummon, UltimateChaosmon, Jupitermon or Yggdrasill itself, making him practically unbeatable as we can see in Digimon Collectors, where the entire Royal Knights are barely able to seal him at most.

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post

Extra - Also, important to mention that Ogudomon, as the Jogress of the Seven, may be one of the most powerful beings in the Digital World (if not the most), probably more than ZeedMillenniummon, UltimateChaosmon, Jupitermon or Yggdrasill itself, making him practically unbeatable as we can see in Digimon Collectors, where the entire Royal Knights are barely able to seal him at most.
    alone the fact that 99% of digimon canīt even touch him(including the ones you named) his defense is definitive top notch.
    though i think we donīt know anything about how strong itīs offense is, but probably immense, measuring by the other SGDL.
    srsly Leviamon and LucemonFM are already planet busters, imagine what Ogudomon would be like.

Beelzemon did beat Megidramon who is a part of the Four Great Dragons Digimon also we have not seen that much of Leviamon so we do not know how strong he really is i would consider he be stronger than Brabamon and Lilithmon but weaker than Belphemon

Strength is... always a matter of interpretation with very little solid evidence depending on your exact definition of the term strength or under what circumstances you think their power should apply.

Wait, how can Leviamon be the weakest one if his profile explicitly describes it as "the strongest monster in the digital world" with jaws that could literally swallow the world whole (bringing him to a similarly broken level as EBEmon's Planet Destroyer)
    There is of course the (seeming) contradiction with Lucemon Falldown mode's profile which describes FDM as the "Strongest of the Seven Great Demon Lords". But if Leviamon is the strongest monster in general Lucemon (being a monster himself) can no longer be the strongest demon lord.
    There might be some solutions to this problem: While the "Demon Lord" status of both Digimon isn't really something to be doubted, there is a bit of leeway in Leviamon's profile... either by stipulation that the rather humanoid Lucemon might not count as a monster (which I doubt... since he's a Digimon and all) or the more promising interpretation would be by targeting the phrase "in the digital world": It would be possible for Leviamon to be the strongest Monster in the digital world even while Lucemon is stronger in the case of Lucemon not being located in the digital world... and we have indeed a precedent for this kind of argument since Lucemon's profile states that he has been sealed in the Dark Area. The question now becomes if you can legitimately call the Dark Area a separate world from the digital world itself... this distinction is especially questionable in the profile canon as in Leviamon's profile itself Leviamon is mentioned living in the Net Ocean "near the dark area" and Devimon's profile describing the Dark Area as existing within a "spatial distortion" of the digital world. Both of these passages imply the Dark Area to be a part or at least a sub-dimension of the digital world itself thus invalidating the "different world" justification for the profiles' strength paradox. But there might still be enough vagueness to interpret the Dark Area as its own separated space that is enclosed enough to not really count as part of the world for most of the digimon population (Leviamon included).

Anyway, I would put those two at the very top. I feel that Deino's arguments about the practicality of agility are convincing as well but apply in another context altogether.

As noted in the opening paragraph it's all about your preferred definition of "strength" or "power".
    Is it a quantitative approach that simply defines power as the amount of energy (everything from kinetic, radiant, electric etc) that a Digimon can output in any way within a defined time?
    Is it a pragmatic approach that defines strength as the probability of a Digimon to win a fight against other Digimon given specific starting conditions (the much more complicated option that in the case of Digimon as thinking, intelligent beings would also involve a need to describe social and tactical circumstance of the combatants)?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZero101 View Post
    Also i am pretty sure Lucemon of the Demon Lords can go Satan Mode.
    That's besides the point though. Dukemon can evolve to MedievalDukemon but that doesn't automatically make MedievalDukemon a Royal Knight himself.
    Lucemon Satan Mode has as far as I know never been described as a member of the SGDL in any media be it card games, video games or anywhere else. Generically as a "Demon Lord", sure but the same is true of BelialVemdemon since the label is independent of the actual SGDL group.
    Even in Digimon Fortune which included many tangentially related Digimon in their "groups" for the first time (although if iirc the game used the label "Affiliation" or something along those lines which is an important distinction, since you can be affiliated with a group without being directly part of it), Satan Mode did not qualify to be counted as part of the SGDL. I don't think any more recent game overrode that, as of the present state of the canon Satan Mode is not part of this group.

The same goes for Demon Super Ultimate. Needless to say if you identify Demon lords form an individualist perspective he is immediately disqualified since the individual Demon in V-Tamer cannot be part of the SGDL because when the character was introduced the group still didn't exist. In terms of species there also no proof of his inclusion as the Demon Super Ultimate card in Hyper colloseum isn't classified as part of the SGDL group even though it was released in 2003, the same year other members of the group such as Lucemon FDM and Lilithmon got cards that did classify them as members of the group.

Blast Mode is the only "tangential" species in the list that might actually qualify due to him being listed as a member on a single Digimon Jintrix card.

I don't see any Beelzebumon form as particularly impressive because their never really presented that overwhelmingly and the only thing he has going for him is that his profile says that he could stand at the peak of the nightmare soldiers which isn't much of an achivement considering most of the more powerful dark Digimon are of the "Dark Area" variety.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZero101 View Post
    Also didn't Belzemon have help beating Megidramon, Without taking the data of the ultimate Digimon i think Beelzemon might have lost.
    The same reasoning could be applied to all Demon Lord Digimon if you take the lore introduced in Cyber Sleuth into account. If every time a demon lord gets defeated in some part of the multiverse the other Demon lord in the rest of the multiverse get stronger this means that you cannot say that, only because you might see a Barbamon in a future entry of the franchise being portrayed as stronger than say, the Lucemon FDM in Frontier, that Barbamon is a stronger species than lucemon FDM, since due to the multiversal power siphoning that the group has going on (and the fact that they end up dead in a lot of stories) the overall power of all of them should increase over time making it hard, if not impossible to ascertain any kind of "base strength" for a given Demon Lord species.

Quote Originally Posted by ukyouluvr View Post
    I beg to differ. In fact I would argue that Demon was among the strongest beings that we ever saw in Zero Two. Imperialdramon FM's beam which was able to harm BelialVamdemon could not even begin to penetrate Demon's forcefield and was indeed pushed back until the other Partner Digimon joined the fight. Even with their help no one could do even the slightest bit of physical damage to Demon.
    And Keep in mind that recently we've had Imperialdramon FM being classified as an Super Ultimate level Digimon, meaning that Demon even in his base non Super Ultimate form (and the robed mode is sometimes even portrayed as an additional downgrade) Demon is physically stronger than a Digimon qualifying for Super Ultimate status.
    You could make the case that the 02 Imperialdramon FM is weaker than what we see of the species in CS but the moment you introduce the assertion that an individual demonstration of power of a given species is independent of a species' performance in other continuities, then the same would logically apply to Demon and the rest of the Demon Lords as well making all multi continuity comparisons between them inherently meaningless.
    Last edited by Theigno; 12-26-2016 at 05:51 PM.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast