With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 14: The City Turned Into a Puzzle Game!?

  1. #11
    Junior Commander
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiKatsura View Post
    I really don't know what everyone's problem is...I liked the episode even if it was a filler episode and even with an old gag in a new episode.

    Of course we need fillers. You really can't get enough story in an anime with 52 episodes. Also I don't think the whole episode was a filler. I mean we get to know a new opponent being on Leviathan's side. Hope we get to see more of Coachmon soon.

    I don't like the new ED but it's the song I don't like. The pics are okay (even though one of them was sexy o.o). Also I didn't like the first ending song so...well for me this episode was okay.
    Indeed, I felt the same too. I can't understand the harsh bashing complaint towards it. Despite the obvious cringeworthy scenes in this episode, I don't think it shouldn't be existed. If others said this episode has nothing new, maybe they forgot the locked AR Field portal.

  2. #12
    I'm a Maniac LucasPSI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Age
    22
    Posts
    119
    Speaking of the ending, do we have any clue as to how old Eri is? I get she's an idol but with a those slightly suggestive shots that were shown in the ending, it was rather odd and made me wonder. Like, imagine Haru, our protagonist in those positions. Lying in bed with transparent revealing clothing and a flustered look on his face, or one with him in short shorts and his shirt flying up solely to reveal his stomach lol

    As I said, I like the ending, and I get the reason they did it.*cough*anime fanservice*cough*, but I legitimately want to know what her age is now

  3. #13
    I'm a Maniac ReiKatsura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    24
    Posts
    127
    Follow ReiKatsura On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    Speaking of the ending, do we have any clue as to how old Eri is? I get she's an idol but with a those slightly suggestive shots that were shown in the ending, it was rather odd and made me wonder. Like, imagine Haru, our protagonist in those positions. Lying in bed with transparent revealing clothing and a flustered look on his face, or one with him in short shorts and his shirt flying up solely to reveal his stomach lol

    As I said, I like the ending, and I get the reason they did it.*cough*anime fanservice*cough*, but I legitimately want to know what her age is now
    She is 14, like Rei is.
    Haru is 13 and Astra is 11.

  4. #14
    I come from the net KaenKazui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,605
    Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    Speaking of the ending, do we have any clue as to how old Eri is? I get she's an idol but with a those slightly suggestive shots that were shown in the ending, it was rather odd and made me wonder. Like, imagine Haru, our protagonist in those positions. Lying in bed with transparent revealing clothing and a flustered look on his face, or one with him in short shorts and his shirt flying up solely to reveal his stomach lol

    As I said, I like the ending, and I get the reason they did it.*cough*anime fanservice*cough*, but I legitimately want to know what her age is now
    As Rei said: She is 14.
    But that stuff is actually quite realistic. There is suggestive photo calenders of real life idols much, much younger then Eri. I've once seen a calender with pictures even more suggestive of a freaking 7yo girl. Just look at the entire chidol business... It is really... Well... Let's just say it leaves a really, really bad taste in your mouth.
    But... You know... That's the japanese Idol business for you.

  5. #15
    Super Moderator Theigno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Universe No.7239/1
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,709

    well... here are some of the clean pics.

    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    Source is the 1080p youtube raw, so the full images are always 1920 across. Not embedding all of them because they are quite big:
    http://u.cubeupload.com/Theigno/zzzeri000.jpg
    http://u.cubeupload.com/Theigno/zzzeri002.jpg
    http://u.cubeupload.com/Theigno/zzzeriend3.jpg
    http://u.cubeupload.com/Theigno/zzzerilast.jpg
    (maybe I'll do some uncompressed png versions if there are Appmon BDs at some point.)

    Unfortunately the third, fifth and seventh shot of the ED also involved some diagonal panning and slight rotation. This isn't really that noticeable when watching it but it's really damn annoying to combine screencaps while having to adjust the rotation down a tenth of degrees every time and the end shape ends up looking like this:

    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    ...which is very awkward to crop since I'd have to either cut off most of the bottom and side parts or end up with with empty squares/triangles around the borders, so I'm not sure if I should bother working on these...

    ...also, don't call me Igno.

  6. #16
    Red shirt Rosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Age
    23
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Source is the 1080p youtube raw, so the full images are always 1920 across. Not embedding all of them because they are quite big:
    http://u.cubeupload.com/Theigno/zzzeri000.jpg
    http://u.cubeupload.com/Theigno/zzzeri002.jpg
    http://u.cubeupload.com/Theigno/zzzeriend3.jpg
    http://u.cubeupload.com/Theigno/zzzerilast.jpg
    (maybe I'll do some uncompressed png versions if there are Appmon BDs at some point.)

    Unfortunately the third, fifth and seventh shot of the ED also involved some diagonal panning and slight rotation. This isn't really that noticeable when watching it but it's really damn annoying to combine screencaps while having to adjust the rotation down a tenth of degrees every time and the end shape ends up looking like this:


    ...which is very awkward to crop since I'd have to either cut off most of the bottom and side parts or end up with with empty squares/triangles around the borders, so I'm not sure if I should bother working on these...
    God bless you my friend! Thanks!

    About the other pics, do it, dont matter for me since everyone can use just one section of the pic for avatars or signatures anyway.
    Last edited by Rosa; 01-07-2017 at 05:01 PM.

  7. #17
    Completely digital
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    963
    I've certainly seen more gratuitous fanservice than that, even on kids' shows. What they did was rather tame to be honest.

    The bigger issue is that Haru and Gatchmon's focus ending is them exploring and having adventures and her's is "look at the cute girl".

  8. #18
    Junior Commander
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorsaw View Post
    I've certainly seen more gratuitous fanservice than that, even on kids' shows. What they did was rather tame to be honest.

    The bigger issue is that Haru and Gatchmon's focus ending is them exploring and having adventures and her's is "look at the cute girl".
    well, she's an idol after all, isn't it reasonable?

  9. #19
    Completely digital
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    963
    well, I'm not saying it isn't, but that's still a symptom of a larger perception of gender roles.

  10. #20
    I come from the net Jay Ukyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    1,187
    My issue with the whole episode is that it's endemically lazy. There's nothing overly wrong with it apart from being a complete waste of time on all levels - character development, interesting action sequences, furthering the plot, hell it doesn't even do a good job selling me toys.

    The ending is awful because it reduces Eri to 'look at the pretty girl' AND because it's lazy animation AND because it's a terrible edit of an otherwise competent song.

    I like Appmon a lot and I was willing to forgive some of the crappier stuff earlier because there was at least a little redeeming value in terms of some good action sequences or setting up character moments. Then episodes 11 and 12 gave us a glimpse of what Appmon -could- be in terms of competent storytelling. Then they threw a lazy Christmas episode at us but at least the value there was to give us a breather from the heavy action. Having ANOTHER useless episode right after it with even LESS value is just painfully disappointing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •