With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How big is FIle Island?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    They actually started out in Tropica Jungle, according to secondary material. From there they hit Coela Point, Unwavering Forest, Dragon's Eye Lake, Gear Savanna, Factorial Town, Misty Trees, Toy Town, and Infinity Mountain before they were split up. Taichi and Yamato wound up in Freeze Land, Koshiro in the Ancient Dino Region (later joined by Mimi), Sora and Jou in Overdell, and Takeru in the Village of Beginnings.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    Digimon Masters Online also has a bunch of File Island maps, Village of Beginning, Silver Lake, Silent Forest, Lost Historic side, Ancient ruins(interior), File Island Waterfront, Infinite Mountain, Infinite Mountain dungeon(interior) and Crack of Devimon(interior)
    https://dmowiki.com/Locations only 2D view
    btw what do you want to do with that map?

I come from the net viperzerof-2's Avatar
    I've always felt the one in digimon world is smaller then adventure. The one in world is big but its fairly easy to navigate, the one in Adventure seems massive.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    They actually started out in Tropica Jungle, according to secondary material. From there they hit Coela Point, Unwavering Forest, Dragon's Eye Lake, Gear Savanna, Factorial Town, Misty Trees, Toy Town, and Infinity Mountain before they were split up. Taichi and Yamato wound up in Freeze Land, Koshiro in the Ancient Dino Region (later joined by Mimi), Sora and Jou in Overdell, and Takeru in the Village of Beginnings.
    derp, thanks xD

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    Digimon Masters Online also has a bunch of File Island maps, Village of Beginning, Silver Lake, Silent Forest, Lost Historic side, Ancient ruins(interior), File Island Waterfront, Infinite Mountain, Infinite Mountain dungeon(interior) and Crack of Devimon(interior)
    https://dmowiki.com/Locations only 2D view
    btw what do you want to do with that map?
    thanks. although the one from DMO isnt that great imo xD its built for player grinding. I just want to make it for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by viperzerof-2 View Post
    I've always felt the one in digimon world is smaller then adventure. The one in world is big but its fairly easy to navigate, the one in Adventure seems massive.
    Maybe, though they could have been the same size and just perceived like that

Okay so I just spent like two hours of my evening trying to calculate the size of File Island/the whole Digital World, actually. At first I tried referencing Re:Digitize's File Island, but since it's a kind of compressed version of it for technical/gameplay reasons I'm sure, the biggest I could calculate from that was just under two square kilometers, which just seemed way too small for all the stuff that's on there.

After wasting at least an hour on all that, I decided to just "reverse engineer" it instead. Referencing the Digital World map from the Pendulum 20th Anniversary art book, I estimated that about 5 million square kilometers was a pretty good size for Folder Continent, since Australia, our smallest continent, is about 7 million. After another half hour of fiddling with an area calculator website (I'm really bad at math) I came up with 5,035,401 square kilometers for Folder Continent; 2,313 km West to East, 2,177 km North to South. From there I got 1,496,723.36 square kilometers for File Island; 1,470.88 km West to East, 1,017.57 km North to South.

And even though I know nothing about them because apparently all their lore was exclusive to some Japan-only arcade game, I thought I might as well calculate WWW Continent and Forest of the Gods while I was at it. WWW Continent is 14,971,795.82 square kilometers, and Forest of the Gods 1,123,868.98 square kilometers. Finally, I calculated how big the currently known Digital World is. By my estimations, the biggest, most up-to-date official map of the Digital World is only about 35,202,583 square kilometers. Assuming the Digital World is the same size as our Earth, which I think is usually the case, the whole thing should be about 510,072,000 square kilometers. Which means, provided Percentage Calculator dot net isn't lying to me, we only know of about 6.9% of the whole Digital World. So that's nice.

But, uh, anyway... If you're still doing that Unity project, OP... 1.5 million square kilometers might be a bit much for one person, so maybe my original calculation of 1.98 square kilometers would work better for your purposes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12