With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this season even worth watching?

I come from the net

Is this season even worth watching?

Going through a complete series rewatch (only on episode 33 of Adventure so I have a way to go) and while I definitely plan on watching the original 4 series (haven't seen Frontier since like 2006is) and I'm hesitant on Data Squad but is this series even worth it?

Everything I've read about Mikey/Taiki screams Self-insert Gary Stu. Even more so than Kari and Ryo and they weren't the main characters of their respective series.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    watch Xros Wars, but skip young hunters(the seqeul to XW, aka episode 55-79)

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    There're other characters to enjoy in Fusion or Savers (not 100% sure which series you're hesitant about), even if Taiki hogs the spotlight in the anime version.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    It has some enjoyable moments. It really does come down to personal opinion. Hunters was...eh at best IMO. But I think you should give it all a chance.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    The character with the real problems and drive is actually his partner Shoutmon. Taiki is just along for the ride cuz, yeah, he is just basically a real nice guy. Fusion has a lot of fun (colourful characters, locations and wacky scenarios), but I can't say it has great characterisation or thematic depth in comparison to the other series. Give it a go, see how you like it. Fusion is generally entertaining, and both it and the sequel series Young Hunters do have some legit great standout episodes.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I don't think that Xros Wars has really any more flaws than any of the other series (though from what I've heard Fusion might be somehow worse than other seasons of the dub). I'd recommend giving Xros Wars a shot, at least, and Hunters has its moments.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    There're other characters to enjoy in Fusion or Savers (not 100% sure which series you're hesitant about), even if Taiki hogs the spotlight in the anime version.
    Fusion/xros wars. I've seen Data Squad (Savers) already. No thanks

I say just stick to the manga version which fixes alot of the issues like Taiki being more flawed.

Completely digital
    XW Manga is really recommended bcos it actually portrayed the point of view of the villains, meanwhile the anime is just simply generic "save the whole digital world from the big bad one" by collect things and defeat some groups of digimon

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    "save the whole digital world from the big bad one" by collect things and defeat some groups of digimon
    Adventure was basically that but I liked the characters so it was enjoyable
    in spite of minimal plot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast