With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon VS Digimon: Digital Deathmatch (RP)

Follow Alex64 On Twitter Add Alex64 on Steam Follow Alex64 on DeviantArt Visit Alex64's Youtube Channel
    "Well, I suppose being able to digivolve at your own pace is pretty convenient..." Lia muttered, staring at her Kuramon and wondering how it would ultimately turn out.
    A thought suddenly occurred to her, and she asked, "Oh, you said wild Digimon can join us if they respect our own Digimon enough? So... how can we get their respect?"

Gennai nodded to David once more.

"Almost," he said. "Your Digimon are currently at level 1; you'll need to raise them to level 4 before they can maintain an In-Training form indefinitely."

He hesitated before answering Pearce, a serious look in his eyes.

"Yes, it is possible to take Digimon to your world and bring Pokémon here. In the former case, you must take extra care to ensure that they aren't seen, or at least that they aren't recognized. There are no restrictions on bringing Pokémon here."

He frowned at Pearce's second question, a sigh escaping his lips.

" 'Why' is a question only the Programmer can answer. Perhaps it is something in your very DNA; I can't say with absolute certainty what she may have programmed her algorithm to look for. In any case, I trust her judgment, and if her program believes you have what it takes, then I believe it also."

Celia's question gave Gennai cause to smile once again.

"It seems to depend on the individual Digimon. Some have greater respect for Digimon that have achieved higher levels and Digivolutionary stages. Others are more impressed if defeated by underdogs. They'll usually offer clues about their preference during the course of battle."

He fell silent, waiting patiently for any additional questions.

Follow Alex64 On Twitter Add Alex64 on Steam Follow Alex64 on DeviantArt Visit Alex64's Youtube Channel
    "Alright, I suppose any other things I can find out on my own," Lia remarked, folding her arms. "Nothing more from me."

Follow saifors on DeviantArt
    David looked around a bit more "So where do we go to have our partners fight wild Digimon and gain experience points?"

[[OOC NOTE: A previous post has been revised. Gennai now correctly states the name and location of Native Forest. I apologize for the initial oversight.]]

Gennai nodded to Celia, then raised an eyebrow at David's question.

"As I said," he began, "the Native Forest to the southwest of File City is inhabited mainly by In-Training Digimon that have just recently left Primary Village. Many of them are eager to gain experience and Digivolve, and are therefore spoiling for a fight, so you may train against them if you wish. I really must ask you to please pay attention, this stuff is important."

Follow saifors on DeviantArt
    "Ah okay, sorry All this information is hard to keep track of but thank you" David says as he and Mokumon move towards the Native Forest in hopes of finding some opponents.

"'kay, I'm gonna be headin' to the forest," Lia announced to the others, heading to where the old man had told her to go with her Kuramon in tow. To Pearce she added, "You can come with if you want, kid. Either way's fine with me."

Pearce listened to Gennai once again, starting to get a little sick of the old mans voice.

'Why' is a question only the Programmer can answer.

Goddammit. Pearce sighed and ran a hand through his hair. If this programmer has gone missing, he's going to have to wait a long time for a straight answer. This blows.
    He tuned in again just in time to hear Gennai comment about how other Digimon would be joining them, it seemed to be dependent on earning their respect. A tad more difficult than throwing a pokeball, however you did technically need to earn the Pokemon's respect as well. Pearce was sure he'd figure it out. He glanced down at Fufumon as Gennai mentioned the Native Forest once again, guess it was time to do some grinding. Then he'd head to File City to figure out what to do next.

The boy withdrew from his thoughts with a jump as Celia addressed him. He hadn't been mentally prepared. He stared in her direction as she propositioned him joining her to the forest. His stare grew a little more fierce when she addressed him as a kid. He was young, much younger than them, but he didn't want to end up being patronized. He'd have to wait a bit longer to see how they'd act before he snapped at them though, the boy knew that much.

"Sure I guess. I'll tag along if we're aiming for the same place anyway." Pearce replied, his voice plain, not betraying any emotion other than dull. He glanced down at Fufumon once again and decided to pick the small thing up, flinching at how its slimy body felt on his hands. Still, the Digimon looked happy to be fully acknowledged and that was enough to make Pearce smile. Even when it started blowing bubbles in his face as he walked.
    moo

Gennai nodded as the DigiDestined departed for the forest.

"Good luck to you, friends," he said. "May the Sovereigns watch over you."

*~-._/NATIVE FOREST\_.-~*

A thick, green wood with reasonably level terrain, warm sunlight softly streaming between the leaves of the comfortably tall trees. All seemed quiet enough for now, with neither sight nor sound to suggest the presence of any large, dangerous beasts. The air was fresh and slightly humid, perfect for a leisurely stroll.

The only thing disturbing the peaceful atmosphere was the occasional rustling to be heard in the bushes. There were definitely small Digimon here, as Gennai had said; all the DigiDestined had to do was find them.

When ready to initiate an encounter, please choose one of the following numbers:

Celia: 6, 25, 31

David: 3, 4, 8

Pearce: 6, 22, 26

Celia looked about as they entered the forest. This place vaguely reminded her of Unova's Pinwheel Forest, where her mother used to take her when she was little...
    She was roused from her thoughts when she noticed her Kuramon staring into the bushes.
    "...Hm? What's up, Kuramon?"

[6]

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast