With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon VS Digimon: Digital Deathmatch (RP)

Pokémon VS Digimon: Digital Deathmatch (RP)

This shot was remastered from a screencap of Digimon Anode/Cathode Tamer: Veedramon Version

The computer screens flickered in a brilliant burst of light, and the tiny, pocket-sized devices materialized and floated into the hands of their masters. In that moment, the first three DigiDestined were chosen, although they were far apart and not yet aware of each other. There came no instructions—it was up to Celia, David and Pearce to figure out what to do next.

Follow saifors on DeviantArt
    David inspected the device and immediately recognized it was a digivice, an item from the Digimon franchise which he had been a fan of for years. In his excitement he wanted to know if it was the real deal and pointed it at the screen while saying "Digigate open".

Follow Alex64 On Twitter Add Alex64 on Steam Follow Alex64 on DeviantArt Visit Alex64's Youtube Channel
    Celia happened to have been looking at the webpage for Digimon World Online when she was forced to shield her eyes from the sudden light emanating from her monitor. Feeling something place itself in her hand, she opened her eyes to find herself holding a Digivice.
    "...The hell...?"
    As she slowly turned it over, she realized that this looked just like the device from the cartoon she watched when she was younger. It didn't seem like it was on... and yet, a question nagged at her: would something happen if she did... that?
    Reluctantly, Lia pointed the Digivice at the screen. She'd look pretty stupid if this didn't go as planned, she thought...
    "D...Digigate, open."

Pearce had been sitting at home, idly browsing on his computer to pass the time. He jumped from popular site to popular site, nothing was really keeping his attention. He glanced across his desk at a poster on the wall, 'DIGIMON WORLD ONLINE' was blazoned across it. The boy sighed to himself and opened a new tab on his desktop, typing in the url he knew pretty well by now, used to spending his time on this now popular website. The young teen just couldn't seem to get enough of it!

As Pearce followed the usual protocall of logging into his account on the page, his whole world went white for a split second as a bright light burst from the screen, all but blinding the poor kid. Instinctivly, Pearce covered his eyes with his hands, and as the blinding light began to fade, he felt something being deposited in them. With a rapid and surprised glance as the boy turned his hands around, Pearce could see what he believed to be a... digivice? The same one proudly displayed on his poster in fact.

With the giddiness he had felt getting his first pokemon, Pearce turned the device around in his hands, pressing the buttons and shaking it in order to see if it functioned. The digivice didn't respond. Had his mother played a prank on him? Surely she knew he was too old for new toys, but he did like this digimon game quite a lot. Pearce sighed and reached down to the ground beside him to grab his backpack, intending to shove the mysterious, but completely useless, device inside of it. But before he did, h glanced quickly around his room to make sure no one was around and watching. Smiling goof-ily to himself, he pointed the toy at his computer and took a deep breath, his other hand gripped tightly around his bag.

"Digigate! Open!"
    moo

((Thanks to the forum bugging out I accidentally posted duplicates, now I shall wait for the mods to remove this or merge it, sorry everyone))
    Last edited by Clawwer; 11-23-2016 at 01:44 AM.
    moo

The Digivices activated with a rapid, high-pitched beeping in response to the familiar command. With a strange, unearthly sound, a swirling pattern of blue clouds against a black, starry background faded into view on each computer monitor.

"COMMAND RECOGNIZED," came a synthetic voice. "ACTIVATING DIGITAL GATE."

Whether glass, plastic or some other material, the screens proved to be no barrier between the DigiDestined and this bizarre phenomenon, as they each were suddenly dematerialized and sent rocketing through the gateway to the other side.

The old man stood patiently waiting in the center of the brightly-colored town, large numbers of baby Digimon casually wandering among the Digi-Eggs scattered along the ground. Every so often, one of the eggs would hatch into a new Digimon, eliciting cries of delight from those in its immediate vicinity. The old man smiled; the miracle of life was even more precious in this dire situation.

A deep rumble overhead caught the old man's attention. Directing his gaze upward, he saw three streaks of light arcing across the sky toward the village.

"Ah, good," he sighed to himself. "They've finally arrived."

The rumbling grew steadily louder, startling most of the baby Digimon and causing them to retreat inside buildings. Three, however, remained—Kuramon, Mokumon and Fufumon. They almost seemed drawn to the lights, as though it were their destiny to meet them.

At last, the lights met the ground a few yards away from where the old man stood. As they dimmed, Celia, David and Pearce rematerialized, the three Digimon gazing upon them in awe. After allowing the humans a few moments to process what had just happened to them, the old man slowly approached them.

Gennai sprite is original, made by me based on his official Toei artwork.
    Other elements are taken from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions.

"Welcome, my young friends," he began with a kindly smile, "to the Digital World. My name is Gennai, and I'll be your guide."

Follow saifors on DeviantArt
    David looked around him and recognized the old man from the TV show, as well as the Digimon gazing at him and the other two humans and mumbled "I... I didn't expect that to... actually work..." while scratching his head.
    Once it hits him that he's in an actual Digital World with Digimon his confusion is overridden with excitement "Oh... my... god... this is so AWESOME!" He looks at the sentient gaseous substance he recognizes as Mokumon a fresh level Digimon that digivolves into various fire based Digimon "wow it's so unreal to actually see the real deal, I can look close without it starting to look like a pixelated particle texture"

Follow Alex64 On Twitter Add Alex64 on Steam Follow Alex64 on DeviantArt Visit Alex64's Youtube Channel
    Once Lia was able to see again, she looked around. This was a very different place compared to where she had been a few seconds ago...
    "Holy crap..." she muttered to herself. Upon being approached by Gennai, she asked, "So gramps, mind telling me what's going on? ...And please say this isn't some weird dream..."

The time between the digital gate activating and sucking Pearce in, to the time he was materialized and standing on the ground, bag held limply in his had, was almost instantaneous for Pearce, and thus he had absolutely no time to react until his feet were placed firmly on new ground, with an old guy, some other 'kids', and some digimon suddenly around him.

Pearce was blank faced for a moment, as he watched the two others gather their thoughts and make their comments. Pearce was still frozen as he glanced at the three digimon left outside watching. He was used to hearing about the mystical shit that happened because of legendary pokemon and things around the world, most as stories from his father, but this was different, this was actually happening to him.

He took a deep breath and picked up his bag, flinging it onto his back. Glancing once again at the two others who seemed to materialism with him, then at the old man, Gennai, then at the digimon staring at him in awe, Pearce found he had only one thing to say that could convey his emotions in his true teen fashion.

"What the actual fuck!" He sighed, fairly loudly.
    Last edited by Clawwer; 11-24-2016 at 01:02 AM.
    moo

((Happened again, I'm so sorry guys sorry guys, forum times out, I refresh, it happens! My mistake.))
    Last edited by Clawwer; 11-23-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    moo

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast