With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: In My Opinion Hurricane Touchdown is Canonical in Adventure & Adventure 02

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Maybe we never saw Wallace in 02 because he was in Turkey the whole time.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardolindo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopPataPata View Post
    In OWG heís watching the battle with Diabolomon in the mountain of Turkey. In the Tag Tamer game he watched it in Kenís room. There is no working these two bits together.
    Perhaps it was Millenniummon. Perhaps he teleported Ryo from Turkey back to Japan so he could lure him to the digital world again. With his powers he would have no difficulty doing so.
    Yeah but no.

One would think he would i dont know have a reaction to being transported from Turkey to some kidís house in Japan. Why would Milleniummon do that anyways?

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardolindo View Post
    In OWG heís watching the battle with Diabolomon in the mountain of Turkey. In the Tag Tamer game he watched it in Kenís room. There is no working these two bits together.
    Perhaps it was Millenniummon. Perhaps he teleported Ryo from Turkey back to Japan so he could lure him to the digital world again. With his powers he would have no difficulty doing so.
    Yeah but no.

One would think he would i dont know have a reaction to being transported from Turkey to some kidís house in Japan. Why would Milleniummon do that anyways?
    Perhaps Millenniummon also modified Ryo's memory about having been in Turkey so he would think he had been in Japan all along. He may have done so with Ryo's parents as well. Millenniummon would do that because he was obsessed with Ryo and wanted to see him remember that in the last Wonderswan game Brave Tamer it was revealed that Millenniummon was Ryo's true partner and besides Ryo was the only human Millenniummon ever respected.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Thatís not really a reason for Ryo to wind up in Turkey for some reason, even if Millenniumon had that power.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Thatís not really a reason for Ryo to wind up in Turkey for some reason, even if Millenniumon had that power.
    Couldn't Ryo have been there in holiday? I gave a theory of how he returned to Japan not how he had gone to Turkey in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    , or if itís a one off side story thatís mentioned again in at least two other places in the franchise, no different from any of the other Digimon movies that followed.
    Yeah an audio drama. You know the audio dramas that include things like Agumon dark evolving when the kids dont like his comedy act and Daisuke becomes the kaiser because he canít get a valentineís date....Oh and the wondeeswan games that are full of far too many contradictions with the tv series.
    Technically, none of those are direct contradictions that can't be explained away with the same amount of leaps in logic that explains how Dark Rings are based on Tailmon's Holy Ring. Or where Tailmon got the power to evolve to Angewomon in ep 13. I've already said I favor a more unified canon. If you start from the assumption that it's canon until undeniably otherwise (like the courtesy we extend to the episodes of the anime itself), then those things don't seem like much a stretch to be in canon at all to me. Your perspective is different, that's fine. But it is NOT the only possible way to view the facts.

Donít think ďthis is non-canonĒ is an official statement that happens a lot.Are you going to argue the first Power Ranger movies and Dragon Ball Z movies could be canon because no one officially said they werenít?
    Pulling examples of random non-Digimon series into the discussion is kinda pointless. There are just as many series, like Star Wars, Transformers, Final Fantasy, etc, that have TONS of official statements on what is or is not canon to their lore.

Heck even on the Digimon side I donít think most people would argue the Frontier movie is in continuity with the series despite ďno official wordĒ
    The Frontier movie has an actual provable contradiction. So I wouldn't consider it canon, except as a parallel timeline. Movie 3 does not have one of these.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Y'know, I really think one of us ought to Tweet to Kakudou or whoever was in charge of production for Hurricane Touchdown, and ask them if the movie officially counts as canon or not.
    Also,
    The Frontier movie has an actual provable contradiction. So I wouldn't consider it canon, except as a parallel timeline. Movie 3 does not have one of these.
    I might be remembering wrong, but didn't Takuya and Kouji achieve their Fusion Spirit forms after Kouichi's Human Spirit was purified from Duskmon to Lowemon? Don't quote me on that, as I'm a bit foggy on the Frontier movie (as to whether Takuya and Kouji became Arthamon and Beowulfmon or not), and it's been ages since I saw Frontier on TV. The other contradiction I've seen quoted here is that Bokomon doesn't have Seraphimon's DigiTama. Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    Y'know, I really think one of us ought to Tweet to Kakudou or whoever was in charge of production for Hurricane Touchdown, and ask them if the movie officially counts as canon or not.
    His opinion isn't what decides things as official, even though people often treat production members thoughts as fact. Even if he 'thought' it counted, it doesn't matter in the work he made. 02 ignored it. Look at Ryo in Tamers. A producer says it's the 'same' Ryo as the games, the work itself is far less solid, down to the writers going out of their way to sort of ignore it.

Plenty of the things he's thought up for Adventure has been ignored in canon regardless, as often happens in media, while others count.

As an example, Gene Roddenberry always made it 'very' clear what was up with Klingons and the design change for them.

The franchise ignored this explanation and made their own, despite the creator of the franchise having explained it a number of times.

Movie 3, even if you were to declare it canon, has no material appear or be mentioned on the series it was made 'for' in the midst of the show running, with the show itself providing an alternate explanation the 'one' time something appears and could have made a connection, making it superfluous side material.

Neither is canon some locked in thing. There is ongoing material for that timeline at the moment and tri. Part 6 could easily mention it in some notable fashion, making it count.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Completely digital
    Seraphimon and Holydramon appearing in movie 3 is a provable contradiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post

His opinion isn't what decides things as official, even though people often treat production members thoughts as fact. Even if he 'thought' it counted, it doesn't matter in the work he made. 02 ignored it.
    Didn't he say something to the effect of Our War Games not counting in response to its presentation of Taiora as a couple in favor of his (poorly) planned Sorato pairing? Even though the show definitely counts as OWG.

Look at Ryo in Tamers. A producer says it's the 'same' Ryo as the games, the work itself is far less solid, down to the writers going out of their way to sort of ignore it.
    Wasn't a huge part of that being Konaka didn't want to use Ryo and that was forced onto him by Bandai?

Movie 3, even if you were to declare it canon, has no material appear or be mentioned on the series it was made 'for' in the midst of the show running, with the show itself providing an alternate explanation the 'one' time something appears and could have made a connection, making it superfluous side material.
    Really this though. Even if you want to pretend that in your mind that movie 3 existed in the same timeline as the main Adventure continuity it's an independent story that has no impact on the main narrative and the show has gone out of its way to ignore and pretend it never happened.

Neither is canon some locked in thing. There is ongoing material for that timeline at the moment and tri. Part t6 could easily mention it in some notable fashion, making it count.
    This is also true. If Tri 6 somehow finds a way to acknowledge movie 3 has something that occurred then movie 3 is canon regardless of what sense it would make
    Last edited by DontStopPataPata; 12-07-2017 at 12:46 AM.

Seraphimon and Holydramon appearing in movie 3 is a provable contradiction.
    How so? What's the undeniable contradiction there?

Even if you want to pretend that in your mind that movie 3 exists in the same timeline as the main Adventure continuity, it's an independent story that has no impact on the main narrative and the show has gone out of its way to ignore and pretend it never happened.
    Sort of like how it ignored that Magnamon existed in the finale of 02? Why didn't he show up with all of the other evolutions? Guess the show pretends he never happened.

What about Jyou's eldest brother? All of the other kids' family members were there at the end... guess he never happened.

Just because something isn't referenced constantly doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Neither is canon some locked in thing. There is ongoing material for that timeline at the moment and tri. Part t6 could easily mention it in some notable fashion, making it count.
    This is also true. If Tri 6 somehow finds a way to acknowledge movie 3 has something that occurred then movie 3 is canon regardless of what sense it would make
    If Tri would definitively contradict Movie 3, I would similarly be okay with that.
    Last edited by Jay Ukyou; 12-07-2017 at 04:51 AM.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast