With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Appmon Data Lab Out on Android, Soon on iOS

Appmon Data Lab Out on Android, Soon on iOS

We knew a mobile application for Appmon would be coming sooner rather than later, and now we not only have more details, but it's already out.

Image Thumbnail

Appmon Data Lab is currently out on the Google Play Store and will be out soon on the Apple App Store.

The features right now are relatively light, but I'd guess more will be coming soon.

At the moment it's primary features are...

You can use your phone camera to scan your Appmon chips and add them to your account.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

It also embeds mobile access to the Appmon Portal Site and it's various elements including:
    Access to the encyclopedia of the different Appmon and their information.
    Various 'missions' from the portal site.
    Access to the various Appmon social media accounts

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Relatively minor at the moment (the vast majority of it at the moment is just an app window to the mobile version of the portal), but hopefully it gets some good updates soon.

Thanks to AmEv for the heads up about the app, and to garm and theigno for various details about the app.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

If you're curious what the app is like, feel free to download the English version of the "Yo-Kai Land" app. They are practically the same thing but with different franchise window dressing. It's a good way to introduce yourself to what a 'medal-collecting' app is like without the hassle of trying to navigate the Japanese google play store.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Soooo it's finally out !! Daaamn ... why each and any thing on android keep being region locked. Do we know if there is any place on the internets where we could find the apk file without having to pass by the google play store ?

And yet another off topic question, once i will have registered my chips with that, would that be ok to repost the QR then ?

For your own personal chips you can post them in the QR code thread if you want, as long as you understand that with unique codes, Bandai could always change their policies with them in the future.

Any further discussion of the QR codes let's discuss in the QR code thread please.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    Oh. So it is like Yokai Watch Land. Ok. That makes sense. Sounds like it could be fun for kids. Or maybe collectors.

Ain't got no mojo... FlaDraChamp3's Avatar
    Visit FlaDraChamp3's Youtube Channel
    Sounds fun for collectors, but overall near useless. Seems like it'll just take up phone space.
    There are many ways to keep track of such types of items, but I guess to each his own.

All I wish for is some kind of electronic pet or adventure game like regular devices, since a roleplay to unless just having fun or cosplaying will likely just collect dust.
    It would be nice to have a new release of a Digimon electronic game that didn't cost a ridiculous price for "anniversary reasons".

Honestly I'm surprised there aren't more Virtual Pets as apps given that mobile gaming is basically perfect for that sort of thing. Like, is there not a Tamagotchi app?

There is indeed an official Tamagotchi app. It's even available outside of Japan!

I come from the net
    That makes perfect sense And would be the perfect to to make new Digivices for a different series. I'm thinking it changes shape when using it. But that's besides the point. It could be nice to have a V-Pet app.