With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Universe AppliMonsters 3DS: All Models, now with HQ Renders!

Digimon Universe AppliMonsters 3DS: All Models, now with HQ Renders!

Big Update: as you can see from the title change I've now extracted the God grade and other "spoiler" Appmon that weren't included in the Cyber Arena Demo. They are now part of the main archive.

After pretty much doing nothing else for the entire day I finally finished extracting all the models from Cyber Arena. The models are saved in the Collada .dae format (pretty much compatible with anything). They are not rigged, and it will probably take another few years until you can get bones out of 3ds formats anyway so this probably the best it's going to get. Textures with transparency have their alpha channel in the main texture image, you just need to apply it after importing.

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/oq382qb41g4gi1u/
    (Updated version, now with all models from the full game)

On the technical side, I mentioned in another topic how some models could only be extracted partially depending on which version of the Appmon's model is used. In the end it turned out that the "Applink" model was pretty much guaranteed to work every time while the other two (normal and virus) only produced complete results in a few isolated cases. In order to remain consistent all models in this collection use the applink model; however sometimes despite being incomplete the normal model would contain some other assets belonging to the appmon (one came with a bag, another one had a little gamepad for example) in those cases, if the asset had no missing polygons I would copy it over to the applink model to make things as complete as possible.
    I think the reason why the applink model could be extracted but not the others had to do with the rigging of the model. The way rigs are saved in a file can be complex and it seems in this case not only is it impossible to get the rigging out of the file but the rigging actually interferes with the extraction causing the models to be corrupted. Because of this we are very lucky that the "applink" graphics work the way they do. The applink model is simply an identical copy of the appmon's normal model (In the cases in which there wasn't much missing from the normal one I could confirm that the geometry is exactly the same), but since the Applinked Appmon never moves (it just wobbles up and down a bit but the geometry isn't animated) it was saved in a static pose without any rigs. That's also an advantage in the sense that the posed models are nice to look at without the need to re-pose them from a potentially awkward T-pose. However on the other hand the fact that they don't come in said T-pose could make manually rigging them more fiddly than it would be otherwise.

All in all there 147 Appmon in the full game.

Here is a list of all of them (all gaps have been filled in):

(Note that the ID of the model doesn not necessarily correspond to the Appmon's number in the in-game dictionary)
    Code:
    1.Gatchmon
    2.Callmon
    3.Mailmon
    4.Tsubumon
    5.Gengoumon
    6.Addmon
    7.Reviewmon
    8.Setmon
    9.Messemon
    10.Rocketmon
    11.Navimon
    12.Jetmon
    13.Resshamon
    14.Weathermon
    15.Compassmon
    16.Yadomon
    17.Newsmon
    18.Protecmon
    19.Hackmon
    20.Batterymon
    21.Pekomon
    22.Pokomon
    23.Kopipemon
    24.Savemon
    25.Kabemon
    26.Ecomon
    27.Pipomon
    28.Drawmon
    29.Tellermon
    30.Musimon
    31.Prerorimon
    32.Dougamon
    33.Dressmon
    34.Bookmon
    35.Gashamon
    36.Luckmon
    37.Trickmon
    38.Dicemon
    39.Cookmon
    40.Viramon
    41.Sleepmon
    42.Musclemon
    43.Aidmon
    44.Moneymon
    45.Spamon
    46.Supplemon
    47.Dopemon
    48.Auctiomon
    49.Kakeimon
    50.Kaimon
    51.Jishomon
    52.Cameramon
    53.Recomon
    54.Calcumon
    55.Gomimon
    56.Mirrormon
    57.Lightmon
    58.Clockmon
    59.Diarymon
    60.Calendarmon
    61.Onpamon
    62.Dokamon
    63.Shotmon
    64.Cardmon
    65.Roleplaymon
    66.Puzzlemon
    67.Dancemon
    68.Racemon
    69.DoGatchmon
    70.Sociamon
    71.Gossipmon
    72.Sukashimon
    73.Tripmon
    74.Weatherdramon
    75.Raidramon
    76.Dezipmon
    77.Mienumon
    78.Warpmon
    79.Effecmon
    80.Tarotmon
    81.Coordemon
    82.Mediamon
    83.Vegasmon
    84.Dreamon
    85.Medicmon
    86.Docmon
    87.Consulmon
    88.Libramon
    89.Timemon
    90.Roarmon
    91.Scopemon
    92.Craftmon
    93.Sakushimon
    94.DoScomon
    95.Brainmon
    96.Coachmon
    97.Uratechmon
    98.Globemon
    99.Charismon
    100.Damedamon
    101.Satellamon
    102.Cometmon
    103.Revivemon
    104.Warudamon
    105.Entermon
    106.Biomon
    107.Beautymon
    108.Fakemon
    109.Oujamon
    110.Gaiamon
    111.Hadesmon
    112.Poseidomon
    113.Uranusmon
    114.Deusmon
    115.Kosomon
    116.Tyutomon
    117.Emceemon
    118.Denpamon
    119.Jammingmon
    120.Onmon
    121.Offmon
    122.Logimon
    123.Logomon
    124.Bootmon
    125.Shutmon
    126.Rebootmon
    127.Tapmon
    128.Tapmon
    129.Tapmon
    130.Tapmon
    131.Tapmon
    132.Tapmon
    133.Tapmon
    134.Flickmon
    135.Flickmon
    136.Flickmon
    137.Flickmon
    138.Flickmon
    139.Flickmon
    140.Flickmon
    141.Swipemon
    142.Swipemon
    143.Swipemon
    144.Swipemon
    145.Swipemon
    146.Swipemon
    147.Swipemon
    Last edited by Theigno; 02-02-2017 at 09:45 AM.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    What might I use to open .dae files?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    What might I use to open .dae files?
    The go-to free 3D editor would be Blender.
    It's a powerful tool but awkward to use but basic viewing shouldn't be too hard. You just open a new document and go file->import->" Collada default (.dae)". Then the model will show up in the scene.
    At that point probably without visible textures because the default viewing mode is "solid" you can change the viewing mode by clicking on the button that shows a small white sphere right over the time line at the bottom (set it either to "material" or "render").
    If the texture still doesn't show up then that means that blender has screwed up the alpha channel in that case you need to go to the very right side of the window right on the top right, there's a list of objects in the scene; the appmon model is in a group that's named something like "apm078_model.." or something similar. inside the group are one or multiple polygon objects and if you select them and then click the tiny button that looks like chessboard in the row of icons right under list of objects you should see the list of textures the selected object uses (it shouldn't be more than 1 per object). There's a whole bunch of options for the texture below but the only one that is important is a checkbox called "Use Alpha" if you uncheck it (you might need to scroll a bit before finding it) most weird texture problems should go away.

Oh and you can also open the files in newer versions photoshop (since it can do a little bit 3D now) but it seems to want the textures in a psb format or something (never seriously tried to figure that out).

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Thanks. Sounds like a real pain. Maybe I'll just wait on images...
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Well okay maybe I rushed things a bit... within the next few days I'll try to optimize the models and the structure to make them more useable (and I'll also reserach some other free viewers that might support the format). A few changes that I will probably make:

• Some viewers really don't seem to like the fact that the textures are in another folder and don't find them... So I'll be ditching the Tex folder for the individual appmon. It's not like there are so many files for each model that it would be confusing.
    • Since the alpha channel seems to be the culprit for most weirdness I just made alpha free versions of the textures by stripping off all transparency... I'll have to manually check the models again for appmon that actually need transparency as part of their textures and swap the textures out again. Once the update is done and you still see an appmon that looks like there are transparent part that are still opaque, let me know.
    • I'll re-export the files from blender with some of the addition texture options enabled... it seems there are a few more extensive linking options that make the texture paths easier to recognize for some programs.

That's actually quite a bit of work, so I can only say that I might get to that in the next few days, until then the workarounds in the previous posts should still help, even if it's a bit fiddly...

Update Time!

I finished reworking the model files and now they should boast higher compatibility and import correctly in most 3D editors.
    The updated package can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rchzh1nbhadky6e (the link in the main post has also been updated)

And just to make things easier for all the non 3D artists that might be interested in the models, I searched out some free model viewers you can use the .dae files with:

• As mentioned previously Blender is the big tool if you actually want to work with the models. And now with the new optimized versions the textures should be displayed correctly without the need to do all that stuff I mentioned earlier.

• Clockstone FBX Viewer A nice and very simple viewer that's designed for fbx but also works with .dae. No editing functionality but the models look good and there are a few options for lighting and shadows.

• open3mod This one offers a few more advanced statistics about the model but it's still a relatively simple viewer. The main controls boil down to left click and drag to move and rotate the model and right click drag to change the position of the light.

• Photoshop... is not actually free of course but I just wanted to mention that you can import these models into newer versions of (CS5 and upwards I think) and the textures should also import correctly now.

...I should note that some of these not-that-professional programs might still have some quirks when it comes to displaying transparent textures and such, however that's not much of a problem considering there are only around 8 appmon in the game that use any kind of transparency.

And lastly I've also updated the names of the models but there are still a few Appmon whose names haven't surfaced anywhere yet (numbers that are missing completely are the placeholders for appmon that are not in the demo):

Code:
    1.Gatchmon
    2.Callmon
    3.Mailmon
    4.Tsubumon
    5.??????
    6.Addmon
    7.Reviewmon
    8.Setmon
    9.Conmon
    10.Rocketmon
    11.Navimon
    12.Jetmon
    13.??????
    14.Weathermon
    15.Compassmon
    16.Yadomon
    17.Newsmon
    18.Protectmon
    19.Hackmon
    20.Batterymon
    21.Pekomon
    22.Pokomon
    23.??????
    23.Kopipemon
    24.??????
    25.Kabemon
    26.Ecomon
    27.??????
    28.Drawmon
    29.Tellermon
    30.Musimon
    31.Prerorimon
    32.Dougamon
    33.Dressmon
    34.??????
    35.??????
    36.Luckmon
    37.??????
    38.??????
    39.Cookmon
    40.Viramon
    41.Sleepmon
    42.??????
    43.Aidmon
    44.??????
    45.Spamon
    46.Supplemon
    47.Dopemon
    48.??????
    49.Kakeimon
    50.??????
    51.Jishomon
    52.Cameramon
    53.Recomon
    54.Calcumon
    55.Gomimon
    56.??????
    57.Lightmon
    58.Clockmon
    59.Diarymon
    60.Calendarmon
    61.Onpamon
    62.Dokamon
    63.Shotmon
    64.Cardmon
    65.Roleplaymon
    66.??????
    67.??????
    68.Racemon
    69.DoGatchmon
    70.Sociamon
    71.Gossipmon
    72.??????
    73.Tripmon
    74.Weatherdramon
    75.Raidramon
    76.Dezipmon
    77.??????
    78.Warpmon
    79.Drawmon
    80.Tarotmon
    81.Codemon
    82.Mediamon
    83.Vegasmon
    84.Dreamon
    85.Medicmon
    86.Docmon
    87.Consulmon
    88.Libramon
    89.Timemon
    90.Roarmon
    91.Scopemon
    92.??????
    93.Sakushimon
    94.??????
    95.Brainmon
    96.??????
    97.Uratechmon
    98.Globemon
    99.Charismon
    100.??????
    101.Satellamon
    102.Cometmon
    103.??????
    105.Entermon
    106.Biomon
    107.Beautymon
    108.Fakemon
    109.Oujamon
    115.Kosomon
    116.Logimon
    117.Emceemon
    118.Denpamon
    119.??????
    120.Onmon
    121.Offmon
    127.Tapmon
    128.Tapmon
    129.Tapmon
    130.Tapmon
    131.Tapmon
    132.Tapmon
    133.Tapmon
    134.Flickmon
    135.Flickmon
    136.Flickmon
    137.Flickmon
    138.Flickmon
    139.Flickmon
    140.Flickmon
    141.Swipemon
    142.Swipemon
    143.Swipemon
    144.Swipemon
    145.Swipemon
    146.Swipemon
    147.Swipemon

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    When I try to download the file, it says that the file has been blocked for for some kinf of violation of laws

Anyone else with this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    When I try to download the file, it says that the file has been blocked for for some kinf of violation of laws

Anyone else with this problem?
    oops... I forgot mediafire automatically blocks downloads that have the word "rip" in it lol
    I renamed it, the link should work now (at least for me it's working again already).

Ain't got no mojo...
    Trying open3dmod, and wow, much easier!
    Guess we had almost every Ultimate already, that's wild. Almost wishing that there were just a ton of undiscovered ones for a stronger surprise, but this is amazing!

I have got to find out how to get that construction mon now.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Now it works perfectly on my Photoshop CC Theigno may I ask you, could you fill the gaps when we know the names of the Appmon that still left? That would be great. Thanks a lot for your amazing work.

By the way, I've just noticed that the Appmon n.116 is Tyutomon not Logimon, an also its model is still "flawed".
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 09-23-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast