With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Universe AppliMonsters 3DS: All Models, now with HQ Renders!

Nice, finally a good look on these guys. Tho I can't say I really like the designs for the Gods. I bet they'd look cool if they're in hq anime style (kinda like how the anime made ShoutmonXanything a lot cooler than they actually are), but since its all cg now...

Also, is Warudamon+Cometmon=Deusmon actually canon lore-wise , or is it just one of those evolutions that are in the games for gameplay purposes?

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    I would assume its canon considering there is a finite amount of Ultimate (15) and God (6) grade Appmon. Satellamon, Damedamon (for obvious reasons), and the mysterious Speciamon are the only ones who cannot AppGattai into a God grade at this time.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Huh. Check out Hadesmonís tail blade. Itís like Jiesumonís. Nice little nod there. Itís interesting since Hades is often associated with Satan, who is the opposite number of the God that inspired some of Jiesumon; but when you add in Hadesmonís seemingly benign concept and the fact that he evolves from Revivemon and Biomon, he and Jiesumon both have a connection with death-and-rebirth.
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 03-10-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Huh. Check out Hadesmonís tail blade. Itís like Jiesumonís. Nice little nod there. Itís interesting since Hades is often associated with Satan, who is the opposite number of the God that inspired some of Jiesumon; but when you add in Hadesmonís seemingly benign concept and the fact that he evolves from Revivemon and Biomon, he and Jiesumon both have a connection with death-and-rebirth.
    And also the fact that they come from their side's respective Hackmon (Jesmon from the Digimon, Hadesmon from the Appmon). The nods like that and the overall awesome design is why Hadesmon is my favorite of the Gods.

And oh, the only nitpick I personally have about the Gods overall is Poseidomon's arms being too long. Had they been shorter, it would have gone a VERY long way for his appearance in my opinion.
    Information needed for playing stuff against me online... and stuff.
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, King of Fighters XIV, and once it's out, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory)

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarOmnimon View Post
    And also the fact that they come from their side's respective Hackmon (Jesmon from the Digimon, Hadesmon from the Appmon).
    LOL, that was implicit bro. None of these parallels would be particularly noteworthy without that. If the notion of Christ redeeming Hades were more prevalent in fiction it could be a real dialectical innovation. As it is, anime has a lot more angels becoming demonic than demons turning angelic, especially if we limit this to a mode of genuine moral expression (the demons actually turning good) rather than an ironic assumption of śsthetic, ŗ la Ďdeifiedí Sōsuke Aizen for example. I guess thatís fair: Christianity itself depicts plenty of fallen angels, but no redeemed demons. Still, DIGIMON has always been on point with śsthetic moral symbolism, and has even dabbled in this device before: look at Blast Modeís assumption of the angelic role, albeit in the usual qualified sense of a Ďdark angelí; Hades-become-holy is a much more radical extension of the concept.

The nods like that and the overall awesome design is why Hadesmon is my favorite of the Gods.
    I think he definitely has the most inspired concept, despite the fact that I usually find dracotaurs to be an uncreative self-indulgence from a design standpoint. I also love white and purple for holy types.

And oh, the only nitpick I personally have about the Gods overall is Poseidomon's arms being too long. Had they been shorter, it would have gone a VERY long way for his appearance in my opinion.
    I just donít like that he holds no resemblance to Ōjamon either in design or in concept besides being blue, nor to Dokamon nor Dosukomon for that matter. At least Uranosmon has a vague similarity to Entamon. Of course, if Deusmon actually turns out to be the fusion of Warudamon and Cometmon, Iíll be pissed. Rebootmon is a solid god grade for the Onmon line though, and Gaiamon is a particularly satisfying conclusion for the Gatchmon line, balancing an early Shinto design śsthetic that is underused in this franchise with a draconic look fitting a main characterís digimon, with subtle visual resemblances to other final forms that suitably conclude a line defined by such ó although I wouldnít be surprised by another tier of evolutions, depending on the pacing of the show, and barring that I am at least actively expecting a final fusion of all the main god grades.

Wow nice, how exactly can you export from a 3ds file, i mena aren't they encrypted ?

Quote Originally Posted by Digi_TaKi View Post
    Wow nice, how exactly can you export from a 3ds file, i mena aren't they encrypted ?
    I won't talk about encryption here. Needless to say there are ways around it but I don't know about the details anyway. In any case the appmon games use (unlike decode) .nwmdl files that are actually cgfx files and there are tools for those.
    The tool used to export the current versions is "Every file explorer" which hasn't been updated in a few years but still works fine in the case of the applink models.

I'm currently experimenting with some newer tools and scripts that might enable me to extract more than just static models but no details or promises yet since I'm not sure if it's really going to work out... but there might be an update coming if/when depends on how much manual fixing is necessary on my part...
    Last edited by Theigno; 03-27-2017 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digi_TaKi View Post
    I won't talk about encryption here. Needless to say there are ways around it but I don't know about the details anyway. In any case the appmon games use (unlike decode) .nwmdl files that are actually cgfx files and there are tools for those.
    The tool used to export the current versions is "Every file explorer" which hasn't been updated in a few years but still works fine in the case of the applink models.

I'm currently experimenting with some newer tools and scripts that might enable me to extract more than just static models but no details or promises yet since I'm not sure if it's really going to work out... but there might be an update coming if/when depends on how much manual fixing is necessary on my part...
    mmm...maybe this every file explorer will be able to see inside .emr files used in dmo for all the maps. I will check this out thanks again for the info !

edit : nevermind i didn't realise it was only for nintendo type files
    Last edited by Digi_TaKi; 03-27-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Ain't got no mojo... Ryou Misaki's Avatar
    Follow Ryou Misaki On Twitter Add Ryou Misaki on Facebook Add Ryou Misaki on Steam Follow Ryou Misaki on DeviantArt Visit Ryou Misaki's Youtube Channel
    Is there a God type icon in the game? Like Social, Navi, Game, etc.
    My English is Sukamon​, I Nume Nume.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryou Misaki View Post
    Is there a God type icon in the game? Like Social, Navi, Game, etc.
    Indeed there is:

from my cyber arena icon extractions that where posted in another thread a while ago: https://withthewill.net/threads/1647...l=1#post296398

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast