With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Universe AppliMonsters 3DS: All Models, now with HQ Renders!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Now it works perfectly on my Photoshop CC Theigno may I ask you, could you fill the gaps when we know the names of the Appmon that still left? That would be great. Thanks a lot for your amazing work.

By the way, I've just noticed that the Appmon n.116 is Tyutomon not Logimon, an also its model is still "flawed".
    Well, here's the current status: I don't want to make a hundred little updates so I'm doing the next one once I know the name of every appmon. I have been keeping track of the icons and pages added to wikimon, which helped me figure out the name for most of the ????? spots on the list.

To be specific, I only need the names of the following three Appmon:

This fancy robot with a light on his head...

This weird puppet lady

And the colorful dinosaur ghost that I also pointed out in the other appmon topic

I know that I have screwed up a few other names for the models (I thought that "Drawmon" referred to the artist Appmon that we now know is called "Effectmon") that I already fixed on my end and yeah, I'm basically just waiting on those 3 names.
    And I'm also planning on doing high res render for all the models I just tested with these 3 because I have a good excuse to show them off.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    The "weird puppet lady" really reminds me of Skullulumon, one of the fan Digimon submitted for the Savers-era Digimon creation contest.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I'm going digital Emperordramon's Avatar
    Follow Emperordramon On Twitter Follow Emperordramon on DeviantArt Visit Emperordramon's Youtube Channel
    Hrm... Puppylady looks like she could evolve into Beautymon.

So it turned out the names for the three missing appmon were "Pipumon", "Mienumon", and "Damedamon" respectively, with that my list of Digimon in the game is complete:

Code:
    1.Gatchmon
    2.Callmon
    3.Mailmon
    4.Tsubumon
    5.Gengoumon
    6.Addmon
    7.Reviewmon
    8.Setmon
    9.Messemon
    10.Rocketmon
    11.Navimon
    12.Jetmon
    13.Resshamon
    14.Weathermon
    15.Compassmon
    16.Yadomon
    17.Newsmon
    18.Protecmon
    19.Hackmon
    20.Batterymon
    21.Pekomon
    22.Pokomon
    23.Kopipemon
    24.Savemon
    25.Kabemon
    26.Ecomon
    27.Pipomon
    28.Drawmon
    29.Tellermon
    30.Musimon
    31.Prerorimon
    32.Dougamon
    33.Dressmon
    34.Bookmon
    35.Gashamon
    36.Luckmon
    37.Trickmon
    38.Dicemon
    39.Cookmon
    40.Viramon
    41.Sleepmon
    42.Musclemon
    43.Aidmon
    44.Moneymon
    45.Spamon
    46.Supplemon
    47.Dopemon
    48.Auctiomon
    49.Kakeimon
    50.Kaimon
    51.Jishomon
    52.Cameramon
    53.Recomon
    54.Calcumon
    55.Gomimon
    56.Mirrormon
    57.Lightmon
    58.Clockmon
    59.Diarymon
    60.Calendarmon
    61.Onpamon
    62.Dokamon
    63.Shotmon
    64.Cardmon
    65.Roleplaymon
    66.Puzzlemon
    67.Dancemon
    68.Racemon
    69.DoGatchmon
    70.Sociamon
    71.Gossipmon
    72.Sukashimon
    73.Tripmon
    74.Weatherdramon
    75.Raidramon
    76.Dezipmon
    77.Mienumon
    78.Warpmon
    79.Effecmon
    80.Tarotmon
    81.Coordemon
    82.Mediamon
    83.Vegasmon
    84.Dreamon
    85.Medicmon
    86.Docmon
    87.Consulmon
    88.Libramon
    89.Timemon
    90.Roarmon
    91.Scopemon
    92.Craftmon
    93.Sakushimon
    94.DoScomon
    95.Brainmon
    96.Coachmon
    97.Uratechmon
    98.Globemon
    99.Charismon
    100.Damedamon
    101.Satellamon
    102.Cometmon
    103.Revivemon
    105.Entermon
    106.Biomon
    107.Beautymon
    108.Fakemon
    109.Oujamon
    115.Kosomon
    116.Tyutomon
    117.Emceemon
    118.Denpamon
    119.Jammingmon
    120.Onmon
    121.Offmon
    127.Tapmon
    128.Tapmon
    129.Tapmon
    130.Tapmon
    131.Tapmon
    132.Tapmon
    133.Tapmon
    134.Flickmon
    135.Flickmon
    136.Flickmon
    137.Flickmon
    138.Flickmon
    139.Flickmon
    140.Flickmon
    141.Swipemon
    142.Swipemon
    143.Swipemon
    144.Swipemon
    145.Swipemon
    146.Swipemon
    147.Swipemon
    With that out of the way I uploaded the (probably) final version with updated names and some other minor fixes (some misnamed texture files) here:
    Last edited by Theigno; 09-24-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Lemme check if SketchUp can import .dae...

*Edit: Yep. SketchUp can import .dae files, 'nother free modeler/viewer there. (Don't expect to control/add the bones, though!)
    Last edited by AmEv7Fam; 09-26-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Model Render Archive (and some name related updates)

So I decided to put some more effort into these models after simply ripping them and made an archive of high quality renders for all of them.
    I already did renders for a few of them, but this time I wanted to go all out, in terms of higher resolution, An actual HDRI lighting set ups with more realistic area shadows, ambient occlusion and other techniques to make it look as good as possible.
    I thought about emulating the actual outline and cel shading in the game but ended up scrapping the idea. The solid black shadows might be a nice style reminiscent of the artwork but in the end they end up obscuring too much of the model, so I went for the same kind of shading we saw in that one pre-rendered trailer for the Appmon Carddass game (but without the slight outlines), basically just pretty standard and not too intensive shadows.
    I also thought about tweaking the renders in Photoshop, editing some models with visible seams in the mesh and textures... but in the end that's what happens when you blow up models made for handheld to this kind of resolution, and I don't actually want to misrepresent the models or textures of the game. Sure the game does not have ambient occlusion or detailed shadows or even reflections (I added those for a few of the glass materials since they were on separate texture layers anyway), but I still wanted to be as close to the game as possible without retouching too much as far as the files themselves are concerned.

..And I have to say for being models made for the 3DS some ended up looking much better than I expected them to.

I also put all of them in an imgur album here: http://imgur.com/a/1CiIy ...but it's all unsorted because imgur was just a secondary concern to me and I just made the gallery in the case I need to quickly to embed an image from the set.

So basically you can use and distribute the renders for anything and anywhere you want, I don't really care.
    I just randomly feel like mentioning that there have been a few less than stellar renders of Appmon models uploaded to Wikimon in the last few days (like someone didn't even realize that Cometmon's ring texture has an alpha channel on it) not that I'm implying anything

Here's a few examples below, scaled down so click for full size:

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

...oh and I also did a few name corrections in the main models archive and updated it. It's still in the same address though.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Seriously, your work here is impressive!

I know maybe it's a lot to ask, but may you create a similar Imgur archive with the models you've ripped from Digimon Linkz, Soul Chaser and Fusion Fighters? Thus we can upload them to Wikimon*.

Ain't got no mojo...
    The renders are great, but i can't find renders to Gatchmon, Spamon and Auctiomon in the imgur album, can you upload this Appmon please??

I'm going digital Emperordramon's Avatar
    Follow Emperordramon On Twitter Follow Emperordramon on DeviantArt Visit Emperordramon's Youtube Channel
    Any reason Cameramon is blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I know maybe it's a lot to ask, but may you create a similar Imgur archive with the models you've ripped from Digimon Linkz, Soul Chaser and Fusion Fighters? Thus we can upload them to Wikimon*.
    The reason that I haven't done something like this for the CS/Linkz models is that I generally only release results that I find satisfying, and the rendered CS models never looked good enough to me; Pretty much because it's not just about the lighting and the camera. A big reason why the Appmon renders look as good as they do is because all the models have a nice looking pose. Even then, setting up the camera figuring out the best position for the lights, etc still required a time investment of, I'd say an average between 3 to 6 minutes of work per Appmon until the file was ready to render. Now the CS/Linkz models on the other hand... just come in a T-pose. Just rendering them out like that no matter how good the lighting and general render quality is it will still result in an image of a Digimon awkwardly standing there with its arms stretched to the sides staring blankly into space and that looks simply stupid (imagine GEM figures released in such a pose lol). Now of course those models also come with rigs but I'm not a character animator. If I tried putting them in a "dynamic" pose like the Appmon models have or emulate a victory pose from the game or stuff like that it would literally take hours of work to pose a single model in a way that doesn't make it look like the Digimon is having a stroke. And even if we're just talking about getting the arms in a more "natural" position and not making the pose look as stiff... doing this by posing the individual joints (There's an arguments for setting up IK-chains and controllers here but even though that would end up making all subsequent posing really easy, setting it up takes longer than doing one pose the "cheap" way but I might be getting too technical here), would pretty much add an additional 8 (and in the case of Digimon with unusual/complex body structures more than 15) minutes of work per individual model. And there are 240 of them. And most of them have not only higher resolution textures but are also more complex high poly models than the appmon leading to longer render times (I estimate 6 to 10 minutes instead of 3 to 6) so in total I'd end up with around 24 hours of render time during which I can't use my main computer for anything because rendering high res CG pretty much eats up all CPU power. So yeah, that would be pretty long term project all in all maybe something I'd manager over the time of like one or two months or something. And I'm not really feeling like starting something this big right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JPPP View Post
    The renders are great, but i can't find renders to Gatchmon, Spamon and Auctiomon in the imgur album, can you upload this Appmon please??
    Well oops. That Gatchmon himself managed to sneak out is kinda embarrassing (But I guess most people now how he looks like by now). Anyway I added the missing renders (both to imgur and the MediaFire archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordramon View Post
    Any reason Cameramon is blue?
    I took that photo after we were out drinking together
    That just how he is in that game. So far the colors have always matched up between their appearance in the game and the ripped texture files.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast