With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10th Anniversary of the modern With the Will

Ain't got no mojo...
    I clearly remember it was early in frontiers in april/may 2002 is when it started. I was ard back then but mostly lurk in the last 5 years.

I come from the net viperzerof-2's Avatar
    wow 10 years. I was lurking around the time that happened and I joined around a year later. great site and great staff.

I come from the net
    Oh hey. 10 years since the new version. That sure is something. Can believe it's been that long. Though it's been about 10 years since I was on Youtube, meanign 11 years since that started. I remember all the problems before this new version. ...That was quite the issue. Hope this is here for as long as Digimon exists.

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel Add Rika24 on DeviantArt
    I remember joining when Savers first came out and how obsessed I was with Masaru (so much so i think i might have gotten on some people's nerves XD). I also remember making avatars and sigs for people, god were those horrible lol. As for back ups of the old WtW, wouldn't some be on the way back machine?
    3DS Friend Code: 1161-0249-6857
    First Starters for each generation
    Charmander | Cyndaquil | Torchic | Piplup | Tepig | Fennekin | Rowlett

Quote Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
    I remember joining when Savers first came out and how obsessed I was with Masaru (so much so i think i might have gotten on some people's nerves XD). I also remember making avatars and sigs for people, god were those horrible lol. As for back ups of the old WtW, wouldn't some be on the way back machine?
    We mean in the sense of a full backup that could be placed online.

I believe Vande is correct and that at some point there was one, but even then, that would only be for the prior version (when Jita and Koroku ran it) and none of the prior versions with Jita and other people.

And especially towards the end, the prior version was kind of a trash heap.

Earlier in the sites history I did hang out a bit, but by that version of the site I wasn't around at all because it just wasn't a pleasant place to be. While I admit my memory could be wrong, I just remember it being a trash bin of nonstop yelling, nonsense, and people demanding downloads.

When I popped up to help Jita rebuild part of the goal was to get back to it being a discussion and information forum.

I vaguely recall not being very popular with large swaths of people who either didn't register on the new (at the time) forum, or registered and promptly left under protest that there would not be full download sections (while at the beginning of the rebuild site I wasn't running it, I WAS hosting it, and if I was going to host it, I wanted it to be run as a respectable place.

Of course, all of that is likely colored by my perceptions of what I remember, and that I literally was helping put the place back together after Jita and Koroku had an insane falling out for various reasons that are old, and frankly, not worth getting into.

You also have to remember that while quite a few people are still around from back then, anyone who is is significantly older now.
    I mean, at the time I was 22. While I was still clever, I was nowhere near as calm as I am now (one of the things you lean as you get older... learn to be calmer.)

I'd like to believe that even if someone wouldn't agree the forum is at it's 'best' now, that it's at least at it's most stable for someone who wants to come and talk about Digimon, or to get information or help.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Rexanimon on DeviantArt
    I can't believe it's been 10 years... I'm pretty sure I found this site through The DigiPort back in its glory days (not to bash the Digital Dive). Probably for about a year or so I was one of the classic thread-lurkers, then decided to join in on the conversation in 2007 and haven't quit since. I definitely remember some harsher, more critical times but for years now the site has been a great place for speculation, sharing information, and discussing that show that has meant so much to each and every one of us. Congrats on 10 years, so glad to be a part of it. And from now, once again, the Adventure evolves...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    I'd like to believe that even if someone wouldn't agree the forum is at it's 'best' now, that it's at least at it's most stable for someone who wants to come and talk about Digimon, or to get information or help.
    I definitely agree that the site is at its best. I have always considered it (and still consider it) THE place for Digimon information and reliable news and updates. At the smaller Digimon Celebration 02 a few weeks ago in Pittsburgh, I was gushing about the site and was SHOCKED that a few people I talked to had never heard of it! To me, if you're a true Digimon fan, you're on With the Will (or at least lurk the threads lol).
    Last edited by Rexanimon; 09-11-2016 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Changed "stalked" to "lurked"
    Execute... UNIFIED SPIRIT EVOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanimon View Post
    I definitely agree that the site is at its best. I have always considered it (and still consider it) THE place for Digimon information and reliable news and updates.
    It better be, WtW is basically the successor forum to Megchan's EzBoard forum since most of the old core group is from there. There were only a couple of other large forums for digimon out there, and most of the people from old WtW either stayed here or went to DATS which looks like it died at some point since their URLs don't work anymore.

There is nothing from the prior versions of With the Will here.

There were no backups for us to use as I recall.

The prior version just before this one was taken down when the admins at the time had a 'falling out' let's say.
    It's sort of too bad I didn't keep it (or else I can't figure out where I put it), but I had an entire html copy of all the threads in the forum at one point since I think some upgrade went and wiped out all the threads (I think it was the 3rd time in the forum's history that had happened at that point) and we were trying to salvage all the information threads by loading a backup to a different URL.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    I am going to say the forums and website started around 2001. Because I remember clips of later Tamers episodes from the site. It may have however been 10 years since you took over. Which is still crazy to think
    2001 is a touch early, because I don't believe we would have known the song yet (and Jita named it after the song of course), because the anime didn't start until April 2002.

I haven't run it for 'quite' 10 years, as when the modern version started Jita was still officially running it, even if to a degree that was in name only.
    Neko is probably thinking of FET's site since that's where all the episode hosting happened back then and it was running before WtW established itself (since JoeyTeel was still running Megchan's forums).
    I went back through my chat history files and found the original link to Jita's WtW site. Although the web site itself launched at some point earlier than May 16, 2002 (news post saying the site was moving off the "Digimon Realm" with that date), the forums as we know them launched August 1, 2002 (Megchan's EzBoards closed out completely sometime between the start of September and the end of October 2002) and was powered by Ikonboard 3.1.1 although within 2 months that was changed to phpBB software. At some point in 2005 or the start of 2016 the forum software again changed to MyBB bringing with it the dark theme that most of us probably remember when the big ass fight over admins, hosting and other things saw the forums have to temporarily move to the wtw-x url while the two sides had their somewhat semi-veiled fight (I assume it was somewhat veiled since a lot of it was happening on non-standard channels like the staff sub-forum and the IRC channel) which eventually saw the user base split into the current iteration of With The Will run by GoC (backed by Jita's consent) and the newly minted DATS forums run by JKaiser

Last edited by jpwong; 09-18-2016 at 06:08 AM.

I come from the net
    Oh yeah... EZBoard. I remember that. Does that still exist? But that's why I have this name. Because I lost the old one when that board went down.

I'm in that screen shot. Been here over ten years and still only have 136 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Oh yeah... EZBoard. I remember that. Does that still exist? But that's why I have this name. Because I lost the old one when that board went down.
    EzBoard changed names and is now called Yuku, but I believe all the login names were migrated since I logged in once a couple of years ago to use someone's forums.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast