With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10th Anniversary of the modern With the Will

I am going to say the forums and website started around 2001. Because I remember clips of later Tamers episodes from the site. It may have however been 10 years since you took over. Which is still crazy to think

Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    I am going to say the forums and website started around 2001. Because I remember clips of later Tamers episodes from the site. It may have however been 10 years since you took over. Which is still crazy to think
    2001 is a touch early, because I don't believe we would have known the song yet (and Jita named it after the song of course), because the anime didn't start until April 2002.

I haven't run it for 'quite' 10 years, as when the modern version started Jita was still officially running it, even if to a degree that was in name only.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Agent Provocateur lost in thought's Avatar
    Follow lost in thought On Twitter Add lost in thought on Discord Visit lost in thought's Youtube Channel Add lost in thought on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Thanks to lost for saying 'sure' when I asked him if he wanted to help put back together a forum that had just imploded, and sticking around making sure everything works for a full decade.
    It really has been a strange journey getting here. Little did I know back then, when you started coming to me with ideas, that it would lead to us re-launching a forum that already had its own history that would fall into our laps and define the next ten years of our lives. I was in a very different place in my life back then and if we had known what we were getting into, I am not sure I would have really been quite as receptive. But in hindsight, there's a certain pride in knowing what we've managed to accomplish here and that as I've grown and navigated through life (often haphazardly) these past years, With the Will has still been here. It's been a decade spent attempting to do neat things and spending late nights fretting over both the forum and users, but looking back on it all I wouldn't change it. It hasn't always been easy and I am not as active on the forum in recent years as I'd like to be, but it's been a hell of a ride.

It was a really different time back then, though, when we inherited the board we were 10 years younger and With the Will was a community beset with drama, so much so that it often felt like we became instantly infamous there for awhile. And Jita, bless him, decided the time was right to retire, going on a journey to find and do battle with other former forum administrators in a bid to gain their powers. Some say he's still out there, lurking in the woods. But I think Snopes already debunked that rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    We do not need a dictator!
    Of course we don't, because one has been here this entire time. After years of dolling out the iron fist of righteous ultra justice, Lost rests. One day he shall return to judge the impious among you, but now is not yet that prophesied time.

As crazy as it sounds to think we've made it this far, here's to another decade and whatever those ten years have in store for us.

Woooooow 10 years I haven't been around that long, next month will be my anniversary on the site yaaaaay. I remember one occasion I had nothing to do and I got curious to see how was the site way back before I joined, so I went to the oldest threads I could find. The one that got my attention is chronicles of WTW because it is like a window to the past, I could read about the old site which started in 2002. And surely the site has come along way since then.
    Last edited by Sandra U.; 09-10-2016 at 12:18 AM. Reason: delited confusing information, sorry I confused this site with another one.

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    Hard to imagine it's been more than a whole decade. I think it was late 2005 when I first registered and was here when Marc took over and the modern version was launched in 2006. Don't know where the time has gone, I hadn't even started traveling yet. The X-Evolution film and then Savers was the biggest Digimon news at the time. A lot of fun, so many different members coming and going over the years. Glad some of us old geezers are still around. Here's to another ten years!
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra U. View Post
    Woooooow 10 years I haven't been around that long, next month will be my anniversary on the site yaaaaay. I remember one occasion I had nothing to do and I got curious to see how was the site way back before I joined, so I went to the oldest threads I could find. One thread got my attention it was started by who I believed is the creator of the site. Any way he was saying why he created the site, his expectative of it and what he wanted from the site. Then the bad staff he was closing the site because everyone was mean and bully. Then his thread got a lot of comments from users and the newest comment on that thread was "the site is saved" which I believe that gave birth to the modern site which turns 10 years today. And surely the site has come along way since then.
    P.S. I don't remember which thread it was and I try to look for it but I couldn't find it, sorry. if I find it I will write the name of it hire.

There is nothing from the prior versions of With the Will here.

There were no backups for us to use as I recall.

The prior version just before this one was taken down when the admins at the time had a 'falling out' let's say.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    2006 was about the time I got back into Digimon. Can't remember when I found this site, but I lurked for some years before joining in 2009. Glad it's still going strong.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    There was a back up at some point Marc. Pretty sure no longer. Sad but one of those things.

Damnit Neko, you're gonna make me blush with the chan lol.

This -almost- makes me want to do a Best of the Best again...cause nostalgia is knocking saying hello.

Hi Marc, I guess you are right. I confused this site with another one, my bad sorry. I have deleted the confusing information.

Add Shadious on DeviantArt Add Shadious on Google+
    Congratulations for a successful decade of bringing the latest news from the Digital World straight to Digimon fans. More power to this forum as well as to its maintainers.
    Bored of Knife of Day?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast