With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon: Desperate Directory (Sign-Ups/Discussion)

Completely digital Lord Archfiend Kliff's Avatar

Digimon: Desperate Directory (Sign-Ups/Discussion)

Digimon: Desperate Directory

Welcome to the Digital World, with a rich and historical civilization, grown in the shadows of the human world, taking many cues from what it was and is, there are areas where it exists in its normal un-civilized form, this doesnít mean itís just a giant forest, many towns exist in between like the starting area of Lamamento, a swamp area, in the border of Kavenitude and Luminus.You arrive through the swamp, the last thing you remember is the lights around you flickering and now you stand in front of strange creatures.

The World:

Starting from the bottom, there is Codetropolis, the part of the Digital World that mimics our own, well, with a few slight differences, it is way more rough to make a living there, a bit of ďsurvival of the fittestĒ in the lowest parts of the cities, which is a lot considering the various levels of the cities, yes, of course at first look it is a clean empire, itís when you get to the lower levels that it starts to get sadder and sadder. The current ruler is Julius, the Bagramon.

Parallel to Codetropolis, is Luminus a pious city with lot of ancient european influences, unfortunately it isnít that much different than the Codetropolis underground, however the problem here is more racism orientated, Virus Digimon by themselves arenít normally well locked upon, add that to Codetropolis natives. So a BlackGatomon in a Gatomon gang run street, will likely get out of there as an egg, if even that. Their Patriarch is Perry the ClavisAngemon.

Away of the main island, is Galatlantis, an archipelago with a varied array of islands some of them paradisiac tropical beaches other cold and glacials. It doesnít really have just one ruler but Beck, the MetalSeadramon has a grip most areas of government.

Ashinka is a industrial heavy civilization, many Machine and Dragon Digimon live there and work as miners and farmers as well as in assembly lines. It has a very fertile ground thanks to the volcano that itís cities are set on, also thanks to that many cities also have hotsprings. It is ruled by Vylon the Darkdramon.

Ventuijin is the wind tribe is a silent tribe at the top of Delta Mountain nearby the Vitral Volcano, it has some big lakes of very clean water, clean winds which is weird seeing itís proximity to the industrial Ashinka. In fact Ashinka and Ventuijin are very close, following the 4 dragons and between them sharing various shrines. The leader is Owen, Slayerdramon, a monk of Megidramon ,from a shrine in Ashinka, currently working in Quinlongmon shrine.

Kavenitude is the biggest nation on this world, there is no big government influence behind it seeing as the forest areas have a lot of savage Digimon, in fact due to this most points of civilization, are either in port towns, in small mining towns or in the swamp lands. The starting area of Lamamento is in Kavenitude. Most towns are individually run but the leader with most influence is Mark the MirageGaogamon from Oceaport, the biggest city right on the north.

Rules

I do what I want with the story, but I accept suggestions.
    I boss, but the mods boss more.
    Keep the swearing down please, unless itís part of your character.
    Donít be a Mary-sue.

Character Rules

Keep your characters original, no Taixi and Yakato( I mean you could use the names but no copying their personality).
    Digimon specific rules:
    No lines from the show, for the love of Crossfit Jesus do something new, even if the child is Agumon and the ultimate is WarGreymon change the middle (Like the orange Growmons for a change)
    Fan-made Digimon are allowed but regulated, mostly redesigns and recolors.
    If there are already 2 Dragon Digimon donít submit another one please, please be different.

Bans:
    Most X-Antibody variants, I will allow if think it is necessary so ask first, DORUmon, Ryuudamon and such are free at least.
    Burst-modes and Super Ultimate material like Imperialdramon P.M. and Armageddemon, ask first.
    Death-X Digimon
    Digimon who rule a faction (Your lucky I didnít use 7DDLs or the RKs!)

Character sheet:

Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Story:
    Color:
    Other: (Optional)

Digimonís Nickname: (If any)
    Evolution line: (All stages required)
    History (Why is it there):
    Character:
    Other:

Other
    Any questions just ask. If you think I missed something say it.

Last edited by Lord Archfiend Kliff; 10-12-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Let's try this.
    ---
    Name: Shinosuke "Shin" Nogami
    Appearance: Blonde hair, sort of long and messy, about neck length, and almost covers his (brown)eyes. Light skin complexion. Green t-shirt with a stylized "Q" like shape on it. Black cargo pants.
    Personality: Tries to be a nice guy, but can be a little blunt or direct at times. He'll put other people first, but he has problems trusting other people's choices. He is mostly energetic, would rather run then walk, but he thinks he can run farther than he actually can, tires easily you see.
    Story: Due to his father's job, his family moved around the boonies of Japan a lot through out his childhood. He never really rooted down anywhere and stopped trying to make friends after the 5th time. After his father got a new job, his family settled in Kobe, but Shin wasn't convinced he'd be staying there for long. He was right, cause now he's in another world. Tough luck eh?
    Color: Green
    Other: ....merp? Can't think anything.

Digimonís Nickname: Sun
    Evolution line: Zerimon-Tanemon-Koemon-Hanumon-Gokuwmon-Zambielmon
    History: Originally a young monk for a temple of Goddramon, Sun wasn't long into his training when he thought he was enlightened enough and left to Luminus, thinking he could "change their views and show them the truth". After disturbing the peace and messing with some officials, he was thrown out and forgotten, as just another idiot. After this he opened his mind and his heart to his weaknesses, and now travels trying to understand the world and get a hold on his own strengths.
    Character: He believes power is what'll change the world, and will do almost anything to get it. He knows he's weak on his own, but still boasts of his powers, believing that if he thinks he is strong it'll put him in the same mindset as the champions of the world, aiding him on his quest for ultimate power. Despite his obsession with strength, he tries to help anyone he can, but almost lacks a conscience, so helping one person may lead to harm to another without him really realizing the damage.
    Last edited by SuperStarlite; 08-12-2016 at 06:52 PM.

I won't accept it yet because you're still missing Story and the Digimon part could still have a bit more depth (and a baby 1 and baby 2 form).

Decided to put my own character already to try to get this to pick up steam, since 2 people who were interested still haven't wrote anything.

---

Character sheet:

Name: Kyle ďRoseĒ Thorn
    Appearance: Kyle is 5,7 feet tall, has black hair, big green eyes and slightly tanned skin. Is wearing a red shirt with the sleeves pulled up, a black leather jacket, blue skinny jeans and green shoes and wear frame less glasses.
    Personality: Kyle loves company and friends but unfortunately is quite shy, when he tries to open up to people he seems awkward and somewhat creepy. Is quite indecisive and nervous when presented with tough situation. Likes to think things through. Loves children. Old people love him.

Story: Kyle was born in a very silent household, nobody interacted that much, his mom was out of town most of the time and his father while he did come home earlier than many, he had still a lot of work to do at home since he was balancing 2 jobs. His only company was his bigger sister, Rose, which never had many interest in him and fought of him as a big cry baby. Since his father was a florist, he decided to work with him in free time, mostly watering and doing fancy bouquets. When his younger sister, Lily, was born he spent a lot of time with her and this is where he found most of his happy days, taking care of her for his mom and dad. To this day he still works with his flowers and loves being with his family even if it is in silence, he learned to appreciate it.
    Color: Dark red
    Other: Has a very creepy laugh.

Digimonís Nickname: Chirp
    Evolution line: Puwamon->Chicchimon->Muchomon->Dyatrimon->Velgemon->BlackSeraphimon (DW3)
    History (Why is it there): Chirp was born up the Vitral Volcano near Ventuijin, and lived a lot of time there, he eventually moved to the other side of the Volcano, near Lamamento. He went to Lamamento to get one of its famous mud baths. He has some family in north and east Ventuijin and east and west Ashinka.

Character: Chirp is curious and energetic, loves to walk around with Kyle, specially when he is being carried by him. He has a liking to being on high places. While it has a jolly attitude it can get annoying and sometimes come off as a bit bratty but he normally has good intentions. As a Velgemon he has a voracious appetite and a much snarky and cynical attitude. As a BlackSeraphimon it is calmer but still has lots of joyful bursts of energy. Likes to take care of himself.
    Other: Chirp likes hugs.
    Last edited by Lord Archfiend Kliff; 08-14-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Decided to post a new post, to retry getting more interest in this. I decided to do a big overhaul on the story and my character to try make things more interesting, I still think I am keeping a lot on the dark and maybe that is what is keeping people from caring. I really hope this gets more movement. Please say something even if you are only slightly interested or if something is holding you back from participating. If this doesn't pick up heat now I'll just let it die then and not bother.

Sorry if I broke any rules but seeing has there has been a big change in the OP I assumed it was OK to double post especially since the last post is a bit old.

Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historical stuff which is bankrupt now)
    Add Anna___ on DeviantArt
    I am VERY interested. I just need to sort my characters out. Also the new setting is a great deal more interesting than the old one.
    Last edited by Anna___; 08-11-2016 at 10:21 AM.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    huh, i must have overlooked your Thread somehow.
    i just re-use my char from the other RP since it never started, with a couple changes.

Name: Kou Kuromoto
    Appearance:Image Thumbnail
    Personality: Kou is is rather introvert, he has a strong sense for freedom and doesnīt really care about anything and is often bored. so he mostly hangs out in his neigborhood looking for trouble and he never runs away from a challenge.
    even though his hard exterior he is a great friend who will help you as much as he can.
    Story: Kou live with his mom and dad in Shibuya, Tokyo. he attends highschool and works part times at a tattoo parlor. his family is rather poor so Kou trys saving up some money to help them out
    Color: Grey

Digimonís Nickname: Neo
    Evolution line: Puttimon > Cupimon > Lucemon > Petermon > Aegiochussmon Dark > LucemonFM (if thatīs ok for you)
    History (Why is it there): growing up in Luminus Neo has seen that it ainīt as peacefull as it seems from the outside, he traveled to Codetropolis to see how things are in the city, but it was even worse so Neo decided to live on his own to escape the unfair and broken society.
    Character: clever and very loyal to his partner, always cheering on others. however he tends to forget things and can be a bit to proud of himself at times.

I do not mind LucemonFM that much since he doesn't need a power nerf if he is an Ultimate already. I do like him as a Perfect more but for the purpose of an RP it fits better. So... accepted.

Good to see some feedback in general.

Edit: I'll wait for Earthdramon to fix his story and for Anna___ to submit before I create the actual RP thread.
    Last edited by Lord Archfiend Kliff; 08-11-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Okay, I added Story to Shin and updated Story and Character on Sun! Sorry it took so long, life got a little busy. I didn't add Baby 1 and 2 to Sun yet, cause I'm having problems finding digimons that pass, there are barely any beast Babys, much less ones that are primate-like or neutral rather than feline/canine. Anyone got any suggestions? Or can I just make a fanmade to fill it in?

So, is this a case that we give you characters to work with and you write up a story?

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperordramon View Post
    Anyone got any suggestions? Or can I just make a fanmade to fill it in?
    how about Pipimon and Tanemon? they resemble Koemon a bit

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast