With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nearly Complete tri. Part 1 Dub Cast

Nearly Complete tri. Part 1 Dub Cast

Got some great info to share, a nearly complete dub cast list for the main cast for tri. part 1.

Image Thumbnail

We only have 2 cast members missing thus far... so here is the list.

Tai- Currently Unknown
    Agumon- Tom Fahn
    Greymon- Kyle Hebert

Matt- Vic Mignogna
    Gabumon and Garurumon- Kirk Thornton

Sora- Colleen O'Shaughnessey
    Biyomon- Currently Unknown
    Birdramon- Melodee Spevack

Izzy- Mona Marshall
    Tentomon and Kabuterimon- Jeff Nimoy

Joe- Robbie Daymond
    Gomamon- R. Martin Klein

Mimi- Philece Sampler
    Palmon- Anna Garduno
    Togemon- Mari Devon

TK- Johnny Yong Bosch
    Patamon- Laura Summer
    Angemon- Dave Mallow

Kari- Tara Sands
    Gatomon- Kate Higgins

Meiko- Cristina Vee
    Meicoomon- Kate Higgins

Daigo- Doug Erholtz
    Himekawa- Kate Higgins

Didn't have to dig to hard to get everyone and confirmation.

Hopefully we get confirmation on Tai and Biyomon soon.

Shockingly most of the cast is back.

For the new cast members:
    Kyle Hebert is new as Greymon in Adventure, but he's been Belphemon in Data Squad, and in Fusion he was Dorulumon, Ballistamon, and Greymon (and Beelzemon in the Data Squad game.) He is probably best known as the narrator and older Gohan in Dragon Ball Z.

Vic Mignogna is our new Matt. He was Kiriha/Christopher and MadLeomon in Fusion. As for his best known role, it'd probably be Edward Elric in both Fullmetal Alchemist series'.

Robbie Daymond is our new Joe. He is new to Digimon. His biggest role thus far is likely Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask in the new Sailor Moon dub.

Johnny Yong Bosch we already knew would be our new TK. He isn't new to Digimon, his biggest role likely being the bit part of Dracomon from Fusion. His biggest roles people would know would probably be Adam from Power Rangers, Vash from Trigun, or roles to numerous to list.

Tara Sands is our new Kari. She is new to Digimon. Her best known roles would likely be Mokuba Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh or Bulbasaur from Pokemon.

We knew Kate Higgins was Meicoomon, but it turns out she is also our new Gatomon and will be Himekawa also. She was Miki in Digimon Data Squad, but is probably best known as Sakura in Naruto.

And while Doug Erholtz isn't back as TK, we now know he is doing the voice of Daigo. Outside of TK, his best known role is likely Gin Ichimaru in Bleach.

About a week and a half until we get details on what theaters it will be playing in.

Prior tri. part 1 dub and theater thread is here.

Update- Thanks to AmEv7Fam for pointing out Eleven Arts posted their 'week 2' cast update and it matches the cast members on our list.

Joe…Robbie Daymond
    Gomamon…Bob Klein
    Mimi….Philece Sampler
    Palmon…Anna Garduno
    Togemon…Mari Devon
    Nishijima…Doug Erholtz

Update- Dorothy Fahn mentions on her Twitter that she is voicing Tai and Kari's mom again. Thanks to C-MC for pointing me in the right direction.

While this isn't a guarantee, this makes it incredibly likely she will be returning to voice Lilymon in tri. part 2 (and Rosemon perhaps.)

Update- Eleven Arts posted their 'week 3' cast update and it once again, matches our list exactly.

T.K… Johnny Yong Bosch
    Patamon… Laura Summer
    Angemon… Dave Mallow
    Kari… Tara Sands
    Gatomon… Kate Higgins
    Himekawa… Kate Higgins
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel Add Rika24 on DeviantArt
    so Vic is gonna be Matt? i dunno how to feel about that. i mean, i love Vic's work... i just don't think his voice will work with the character. i'm loving the idea of Kate Higgins as Gatomon. I am SO happy that Klein is returning as Gomamon, i can't hear any voice out of Gomamon than his. i'm not familiar with Tara Sands, but i'll definately miss Lara as Kari. Fingers crossed for Joshua Seth as Tai.
    Last edited by Rika24; 07-18-2016 at 08:58 PM.
    It's KakaGai Week Everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0249-6857

I liked Kyle Hebert's Greymon voice in Digimon Fusion and I liked Vic Mignogna as Christopher in that series, I thought he portrayed Kiriha very well. I think he'll do a good job as Matt as well, the rest of the cast seems like an all star line up, I wonder if Tai is going to a suprise

A Pokemon voice actor in Digimon? Well that's pretty cool.
    Last edited by Vice; 07-18-2016 at 09:29 PM.

I updated the info with roles and info on the 'new' actors.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

We should be due tomorrow for more official cast list. In some ways, I hope it matches up.

And we're all waiting for the answer to the same question: *Who is Tai!?!*

Of course Tai isn't confirmed yet. I'm sure it's no surprise on anyone's end, but good to know there'll be some kind of consistency by keeping "Tai" "Izzy" and all the other dub names.

Totally confident that Vic can get across Matt's teenage try-hard swag juuuust right. I don't mind Joe and TK getting recast, either. Woulda really loved to have Kari's original English VA, since her voice is so distinguishable (and cute!) but I'm sure I'll live with her recast, too. I'm also reminded that I should get to checking out the dub track of my Time of Eden BD, if only to get a feel for what Tara Sands' voice is like outside of being Kaiba's kid brother.
    10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
    BLOG | twitter | webcomic | tumblr | Fandom Post

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonCorps View Post
    Of course Tai isn't confirmed yet. I'm sure it's no surprise on anyone's end, but good to know there'll be some kind of consistency by keeping "Tai" "Izzy" and all the other dub names.
    I'm confirming cast, not names used in show.

The old characters 'do' appear to have the same names for what it's worth.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Tara Sands....was never a fan of her Mokuba Kaiba voice.
    Vic as Matt....as long as it's not Ed's voice like Kiriha ended up. I hope he will do a new voice tbh.
    Kate is rather busy lol. Hope voices don't cross over lol.
    Otherwise glad to see other returnees, disappointed in some mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Matt- Vic Mignogna
    I hope he can deepen his voice enough since Matt's voice was more on the deeper end than the voice that Vic does most often with his voice roles.

Joe- Robbie Daymond
    Oh snap, that's an awesome casting choice!

Although, personally, I would have swapped Vic and Robbie around to give them each other's role.

Mimi- Philece Sampler
    Palmon- Anna Garduno
    Holy cow! Both of them came back!

Kari- Tara Sands
    Gatomon- Kate Higgins
    This'll be interesting since both of them had very distinctive voices in the dub. If I were to have recast Kari, I'd have gone with Sandy Fox instead.

Meiko- Cristina Vee
    Meicoomon- Kate Higgins
    Personally, I'd wish these two would switch these two roles around between one another.

Daigo- Doug Erholtz
    I called it! I so called it!
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Man, this is exciting. Of course the Main Character with an Iconic voice has not been cast yet. Glad to see Tom Fahn back as Agumon!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast