With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: so which mega form will toei use for tailmon in digimon adventure tri?

Quote Originally Posted by DontStopPataPata View Post
    Also in fairness Armadillo>Anklyosaurus>Japanese clay figure>Walrus viking

Also you get weird evolutions like Numemon>Monzaemon

or Piymon who hatches as a seedling in its baby from turns into a plant then into a bird

or Patamon white blob>Katoributa looking thing>Hamster bat thing>Angel
    I agree with this, but I find it easier to accept lower forms being drastically different than higher forms for some reason. I think it's because the lower forms seem a lot more... malleable? Or maybe because younger creatures change more drastically. It seems weird to do a last form that has nothing to do with the previous one. Not impossible, I'm perfectly fine with Shakkoumon-Vikemon, it's just not my favorite.

Completely digital
    Oh I agree with you its just digivolving can get pretty weird and non-sensical.

Vikemon is definitely a better fit for Zudomon than Shakkoumon and I think Bandai thought the same thing when they retcon it into Zudomon's highest form for the PSP game and Tri. Though Plesiomon is equally valid for Gomamon, I think.

And as of now Vikemon is the only ever offically stated Ultimate for Iori's Shakkoumon per Brave Tamer even though it probably wouldn't be in any potential future games/shows/movie

But I think Lampmon and ClavisAngemon both work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by amozu16 View Post
    . Also, I still don't know where the whole Shakkoumon -> Vikemon thing came from. It makes literally no sense, I prefer Lampmon as the mega form
    From the Brave Tamer wonderswan game, iirc. It was pretty
    much accepted that Shakkoumon>Vikemon and Zudomon>Plesiomon until the
    Adventure PSP game.

Not sure how Shakkoumon>Vikemon makes literally no sense but Plotmon>Tailmon>Angewomon>Holydramon and Patamon>Angemon
    Armadimon evolves to Submarimon so that might be why they chose to give him an Ikakkumon inspired design. Submarimon even has Zudomons dolphin symbol. Also his fur is silver in the official art but it never translated well to animation. His profile mentions how his fur is hard too. Also Upsmin is an axololt. It's not much though, lol.

Vikemons was probably the best choice animation wise for Gomamon. Plesiomon wouldn't be able to walk on land so they would be really limited in what they could do unless they made him float which I always thought was silly in video games with fish monsters like Pokemon.

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    But I think Lampmon and ClavisAngemon both work for him.
    I completely forgot about ClavisAngemon, that one makes the most sense, definitely

As much as I would love for Shakkoumon -> ClavisAngemon and Silphymon -> Valkyrimon... I just can't see it happening in Tri with how little screentime the 02 kids have had. T_T

I see Patamon and Tailmon going Mega in a similar fashion to Hurricane Touchdown, y'know very eleventh hour transformation of the two of them.

Completely digital
    Nobody actually expects Shakkoumon and Silphymon to go Mega in Tri. We're just having a discussion of what Shakkoumon's Mega SHOULD be since Zudomon had appropriated his previously official
    Bandai stated Mega

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    To be honest, Shakkoumon's the real appropriator here

Personally, I like how Takeru's and Hikari's Digimon look like a couple. So, I would choose Ophanimon as Tailmon's mega because she's an archangel type like Seraphimon. But if they go with Holydramon/Magnadramon, then I hope they'll change Patamon mega to Goddramon/Goldramon instead of stayef with Seraphimon

In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by amozu16 View Post
    To be honest, Shakkoumon's the real appropriator here
    Even though Joe's Zudomon is about a decade late to the party?

Quote Originally Posted by ontamon View Post
    Personally, I like how Takeru's and Hikari's Digimon look like a couple. So, I would choose Ophanimon as Tailmon's mega because she's an archangel type like Seraphimon. But if they go with Holydramon/Magnadramon, then I hope they'll change Patamon mega to Goddramon/Goldramon instead of stayef with Seraphimon
    I like your thinking. O_Ob

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast