With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Dub in Theaters, Jeff Nimoy is Tentomon, More Cast Updates

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    C-MC, please read the news post before you post, as that information has been there for hours.

Updated the news about Joshua Seth.

Saw the Joshua Seth stuff in the midst of being a guest on something, so wasn't able to post about it until just now, posted it, along with the fact that he's having fun with it on multiple social media accounts.
    He could be trolling the Digimon community so hard right now.
    Let's hope not xD

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Follow Rika24 on DeviantArt Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel
    With Seth acting like this, getting fans' hopes up, let's hope he really is, otherwise i imagine some fans aren't gonna be happy with him.

As for voice cast hopefuls, i hope we get the old vas for Tai, Matt, Izzy, and Kari most.

I assume Seth is coming back as I don't think he would act like that if he wasn't. I hope they get Matt & Kari voice actors back. Are they going to do the same as what they've done in Japan and have it in the iTunes to rental on the day it comes out?

I'm a Maniac
    Even above Japan's VA, he is the voice of Tentomon for me. Good start.
    I sort of hope for Izzy's return as well, although...as others have said, maybe in-universe growth spurts will put that off.

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    Mona Marshall's last major role was Doraemon and she continues to voice some recurring characters in South Park, so it's definitely reasonable to hope for her to reprise Izzy. Also, Koushiro's voiced by a woman in tri., so if the dub is trying to emulate the tone of his re-casting in Japanese, then that would fit.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Jeff has released a little more info:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...08975902731279

MY DIGIMON TRI RECORDING EXPERIENCE
    Holy DigiCrap, one little announcement and the whole Internet goes crazy! I had no idea that the English dubbing of Digimon Tri wasnít public knowledge until I announced I recorded Tentomon again. No one asked me not to tell anyone, so I guess itís ok to talk about it. I am getting flooded with questions, so rather than answering each one individually, here is how it all happened.

For a long time now fans kept asking me if I was going to be in Digimon Tri. My last experience with Digimon was script adaptation, voice directing, voice acting, and being Supervising Producer on Digimon Data Squad (previously Digimon Savers). Even though itís the least known series in the franchise, itís my personal favorite, so I hope this renewed anniversary interest in Digimon makes fans give it a second look. Since then I knew they dubbed Fusion without me, so I assumed whatever production company was in charge of the franchise now had moved on without me.

But then I got a call from Studiopolis and asked me to voice Tentomon again for Tri. They didnít ask me to write or direct, just act. Of course, I would have loved to do all those things again for Digimon, but even just the involvement of voice acting is thrilling enough because it means a return to the series that I loved and made me famous (plus, there are a lot less headaches and a lot less work to do when youíre only acting).

I came back to the familiar Studiopolis offices and met an engineer/voice director named Ryan. Never met him before, and he didnít tell me his last name, so thatís all I know. But he was a very nice guy, and seemed to know the series well, and he was a very good director. There were 4 episodes written, but I canít remember if Tentomon was in all of them or not.
    I had just got off a redeye flight from New York, and my voice was rather raw. I actually asked if they would reschedule because I didnít think I could get to Tentomonís higher register until I had a few days rest, but they wanted me to come in and give it a try (Tri?). I did my best, but when it comes out, Tentomon might sound a little horse for the first few episodes. 3 days later my voice sounds fine again, so maybe my next session I can go back and re-record the first ones again if they havenít already mixed the sound (it was only about 8 lines, so we could do it real quick).

My last line for Tentomon at that session was ďTentomon digivolve to....Kabuterimon!Ē Ryan told me he wasnít sure how they were going to do it, so they wanted me to say ďKabuterimonĒ in Tentomonís voice. I told him that Kabuterimon says that part, not Tentomon. Ryan asked, ďAre you sure?Ē I laughed and said, ďYeah, pretty sure.Ē Lol. After all those episodes and movies, I had better be sure! Ryan laughed as well and took my word for it. He knew my involvement with the series, so he trusted me. We actually got along quite well, and he was very open to collaboration.

During playbacks I recognized some other voices (get ready to break again, Internet). Colleen OíShaughnessy as Sora, and Mona Marshall as Izzy. Iím good friends with Doug Erholtz, so I knew he WASNíT playing TK (he is playing a recurring role though). Ryan told me my old TriGun partner Johnny Yong Bosch was playing TK. I also recognized Laura Summerís voice as Patomon. Ryan told me almost all the digimon voices are coming back, but many of the humans were recast. Thatís ALL I KNOW! Please, no more questions, you now know exactly what I know, so weíre all caught up!

Iím looking forward to my next VO session as Tentomon (although after I blew the surprise, maybe theyíll fire me, oh well). One more thing... after my session was over, I went into the control room to say goodbye to Ryan, and thank him. We shook hands and I asked, ďPlease take good care of my baby, wonít you?Ē He smiled and said, ďAbsolutely, itís in good hands.Ē Iím sure it is!

The idea of them wanting Jeff to say "Kabuterimon!" in Tentomon's voice sounds a little odd and calls to mind Kabuterimon's more robotic voice that he had back in his debut episode in the dub, but which was replaced with his more known monstrous voice in all later appearances in the dub.

And more actor confirmations! Colleen and Mona are back, with Johnny Yong Bosch replacing Doug Erholtz as T.K. (but Doug is still in tri. playing another role, my guess is Daigo).
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    So is it safe to assume that everyone* but Sora and Izzy have been recast, based off Jeff's post?

* = "every DigiDestined"
    Last edited by Tetra Seleno; 06-30-2016 at 10:38 AM.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Maybe Kari's Voice Actress can play Maki. Her voice has always been very distinctive.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    I hope Lara Jill Miller returns as Kari too cause she said a bunch of times that she would be willing to come back

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast