With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Digimon Battles - Expandable Card Game [Fan-made]

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroxCalamity View Post
    This game looks really professionally done. I was interested in it when I stumbled upon it a couple of weeks ago and I was dying to give it a shot, especially since I was a fan of the original PSOne Digital Card battle. I was disheartened when I found that the site was offline. I hope it returns in some form, would be a shame not to see this project get more attention, I believe it deserves it.
    It's funny you posted this on Oct 07. On Oct 18 we moved to Digital Ocean (and I had been prepping the move for quite some time). The old host was absolutely awful and I had used them for 3.5 years prior to the move. Many times, they ham-stringed my ability to have a basic blog site with their inanely unoptimized CPU and weird Apache configs. At one point in September, the site was down completely and with no discernible way to get it back up this time. The move to Digital Ocean only took a day, but until today I hadn't ever worked out every single kink (fonts broke, the database broke, SSL broke...)

The site's been back for about 6 months now and I have it paid in full for the year. It's going nowhere. In fact, the game finally got a redesign with its proper logo, card back, and name. The community picked the name "Digimon Battle Evolution" during a polling contest that was held. It took some time what with personal issues to redesign the logo but I finally have it to a satisfactory level. We're now progressing with set Bit Depth again and the redesigned card backs and rebrand will be dropped at the same time as the new set, along with tons of new mechanics and a new rule for the decks.

Try to forgive how late I am checking this thread all the time. I do most of my socializing about Digimon on Discord.

Ain't got no mojo... ZeroxCalamity's Avatar
    No forgiveness necessary. The website came back shortly after my post and I had the chance to play the card game with my brother, it was just a matter of patience. I enjoyed what we've although the mulligan rule can be exploited (we placed self-imposed limits on that one) but other than that it was a great experience and to this day I have been both playing the game and making new decks using the ones in the OG Card Battle.

I'm just glad to see the game sticking around and I'm looking forward to future updates made to this game. Thanks a ton for all the hard work you put into this project.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Which, the partial or full discard? The latter of which is intended to be exploited. Since it burns through your deck and once your deck is empty, it's gone, you would have to balance keeping a current hand with trying to dig for a better configuration. I've seen a lot of new players mistakenly think digging for their Ace or Partner is optimal, only to realize there's 4 KOs in the game and they don't have enough gas left, so their opponent ends up winning with something like 1-2 KOs. Be careful of that.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Bit Depth release! This is our third expansion (exciting!) and it contains 70 new cards with many new features. Check out the release notes post for details and a full spoiler list:
    https://www.v-mundi.com/2018/bit-depth-set-release/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123