With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Voltron: Legendary Defender [Netflix]

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    I definitely caught the references to Digimon, Dragon Ball, and Gurren Lagann. They were pretty clever.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Visit Tsurugi's Youtube Channel
    I also caught that Lance was wearing Vash's glasses from Trigun, but that's about it. I feel like there's other references in there I didn't catch.

Okay, so now that the recent "season" has dropped, Voltron now has about the same amount of episodes as a year long anime, 52 episodes.
    With the way this season ended, there's more to explore but if it ended here, I'd be satisfied. My only gripe is how they handled releasing the episodes. It's clear that Seasons 3 & 4 were meant to be one 13 episode season, same with 5 & 6. I can see why Netflix would release them this way, more Voltron out sooner, but at the same time it's a double-edge sword.
    But overall, I've enjoyed the story so far.

How about everyone else? What did you guys think?

Season 7 dropped a few days ago and boy am I glad they went back to the 13-episode season format. A lot of things happening this season. We got some payoff for previous seasons and we get to see Earth again after a long time, both in and out of show. With only one season left, it'll be interesting to see how this story ends next season.

To anyone who saw it, what are your thoughts on where they could go from here?

Okay, so at this point, Voltron is officially finished. All the episodes are up and the story is tied in a neat little bow.

Overall, I was happy with the finished story. It may not have ended the way I wanted, but the journey getting there was enjoyable and the ending doesn't discredit that journey.

So to anyone that kept up with it to the end, what are your thoughts? Was it a good enough ending to go out on, or did you think otherwise? I'm curious to know what you think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123