With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Voltron: Legendary Defender [Netflix]

Quote Originally Posted by Tsurugi View Post
    Should be on the UK Netflix, since I saw a trailer for it on the Irish one before the series premiered.
    I've seen the first few episodes, and from what I saw, I liked it. I haven't seen it all, but on the subject of stuff that's brought up and not mentioned again, keep in mind it's only the first season, how do we know said stuff's not going to be used for setup/addressed in the 2nd season? Short answer, obviously, we don't know. We also don't know if it'll be picked up for one either(unless there was some announcement I'm unaware of), so for now all we can do is wait.
    Because it's an entire season.

Whether stuff shows up in the 'future' or not, you never know what may happen to production, nor does the production crew (even if they were guaranteed a season 2, stuff could always change that.)

If a single season can't stand alone, then there is an issue in the writing.

It isn't like season 1 moved things along while suggesting or showing 'more'

Season 1 ended in the middle of the plot it setup for season 1. It's plotted poorly.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Visit Tsurugi's Youtube Channel
    Okay, fair enough. Makes me wonder if this series had 26 episodes planned for the 1st season, but could only produce half that. Stupid as it sounds, that's what it seems like to me from what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsurugi View Post
    Okay, fair enough. Makes me wonder if this series had 26 episodes planned for the 1st season, but could only produce half that. Stupid as it sounds, that's what it seems like to me from what you're saying.
    It very well may have.

But you gotta judge what's on the screen.

And season 1 ends without telling you much of anything. In a show advertised as a serial, to end a season with no real details you didn't have in episode 3 or 4, just isn't acceptable storytelling.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Good news Voltron fans, a 2nd season is ago for later this year:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-2016/.104580

Sorry if it's too late to revive this thread, but with Season 2 released a few months back and a supposedly confirmed 3rd season on the way, I felt there's room for more discussion. So to anyone who's seen Season 2, what are your thoughts? Did it clear up all loose ends from season 1? Was it better or worse than the previous season in your eyes? Leave your thoughts and let's get this discussion going.

It's always alright to bump when there is something relevant to discuss.

They've sort of retroactively declared it season 2...

Originally it was declared season 1 would have 2 halves, with a short break inbetween, and later they just made it season 2 (so it appears from here forward they are producing every 'production' season as 2 short seasons?)

It was actually info from the New York Toy Fair from Playmates as I recall (they are doing the toys for Legendary Defender.)

4 more of the short seasons are coming (6 total.) Netflix has committed thru 78 episodes. Of course, they could always end up ordering more also.

I feel like season 2 didn't really fix the shortcomings I had with it in general to be honest.

I keep watching it because I WANT to like it, but overall I find it C-grade at best.

Oddly, despite me 'not' really loving it, I do recommend it.

Anyone still with it beyond me and Tsurugi?

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    Thanks for reviving the thread, Tsurugi! I'm about.... halfway through the second season? I think I just finished the Blade of Marmora episode and then the next episode when Hunk and Keith are trapped in the space monster?

I'm not progressing through the season at the same clip as I did the first because I feel more cognizant of a lot of the criticisms that Marc has spoken of in this series. I mean, the episodes where they're trying to figure out how Zarkon keeps finding them felt like dragging out that plot line unnecessarily.

I keep getting distracted by The People vs. O.J. Simpson and Orange is the New Black, but I can make finishing the season a priority to have more discussion.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    I once slogged through the first four episodes of the original Voltron. To be blunt: I hated it.

More recently I saw the hour long first episode of Legendary Defender. I definitely spotted some nods to the 80's incarnation but overall, it was much more enjoyable. Not quite to the point where I wanted to watch more of it, but with it getting this much of a positive response I might check it out some more.

I've finished season two and I really enjoy it. I have never seen the original so there's no nostalgia or anything for me to compare it to so I'm probably not going to be super critical of it for that. I do agree with Tetra about the "how does Zarkon keep finding us?" episodes were a little dragged out.
    We're counting on you, Chosen Children

Anyone else catch all the anime references for their disguises in the Space Mall episode? I caught the obvious ones like Tai's goggles on Lance, Saiyan armour on Keith, Kamina glasses on Pidge, and Hunk wearing Casey Jones-like hockey gear, but I don't think that's all of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast