With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Favorite or funniest lines from the Digimon dubs.

Speaking of "alcohol censorship", I'm reminded of the big bottle of "soda" in the Data Squad Boxing Episode, forget its name...

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv7Fam View Post
    Speaking of "alcohol censorship", I'm reminded of the big bottle of "soda" in the Data Squad Boxing Episode, forget its name...
    Don't recall seeing that, in that episode of Data Squad but I remember BomberNanimon getting turned into a giant orange called Citramon in episode 7. I also recall the episode of Adventure when the regular Nanimon is handed sodas in the dub, while in the original Japanese version he was handed bottles of Sake.

I think two of my favorite lines from the dub are from the final episode of Tamers, the scene where Gallantmon Crimson Mode delivers the final blow to the D-Reeper's agent, and says "We do deserve to exist", and he slowly looks up at the Jeri agent and says "You don't". I can't remember how the original Tamers dialogue went, but it was nothing along those lines, which was a bit disappointing the first time I watched the sub and I thought man the dub actually made some of these scenes better with it's changed dialogue. I also liked Yamaki's final monologue in the dub, better than the Japanese version's.

"It's hard to believe that a misguided program could cause so much damage believing it was doing the right thing. Maybe, we have more in common with the D-Reeper than we'd like to believe, but today we all won by coming together. Which makes me believe that there's hope out there for all of us."

The Japanese version's final monologue was Yamaki questioning where the D-Reeper may have come from and nothing more.
    Last edited by Vice; 09-04-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Add Duskmuse on DeviantArt
    In the Eng Dub anything Gatomon says that isn't supposed to be serious, was hysterical but that is one was pure gold.

I'm going digital
    Visit DigitalCorp's Youtube Channel
    When the kids are stuck in traffic:

DemiVeemon - "What is this, Grand Central Station? Enough with the trains already!"
    Everyone - "Give us a break! Give us a break! Give us a break!"

moo

Quote Originally Posted by Clawwer View Post
    O_O Wow... Just... Wow.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawwer View Post
    lmao I spit my drank out when I rewatched that episode a couple months ago. The delivery of that line is fantastic.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I laughed a lot when Tentomon takes the piss out of Izzy for falling for a Nigerian Prince scam in the second part of Tri dub.

Ain't got no mojo...
    there are loads that I like but one missed in particular is when in episode 9 of Digimon Tamers when Takato goes home after seeing Jeri and says "Mum! Dad! Why are girls crazy!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234