With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DigiFes 2016 Announced, Updated w/ Lineup

DigiFes 2016 Announced, Updated w/ Lineup

Toei has gone ahead and announced the 2016 Digimon Adventure Festival (DigiFes 2016 for short) right now in an attempt to drive everyone who reports Digimon news to exhaustion.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It will be held July 31st at the Olympus Hall in Hachioji.

Ticket pre-orders will begin May 28th via a lottery system. The official site explains this process in more detail.

There are two planned events for the day, both will run for an hour.

The first begins at 12:30pm and they are referring to it as the 'noon performance'.

Another begins at 5:30pm and they are referring to as the 'night performance'.

They also tease that more news will show up 'shortly.'

Update- The first update has been confirmation on who will be at DigiFes.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The short answer is... basically everyone.

All 9 kids' actors, all 9 Digimon's actors, Ayumi Miyazaki, AiM, with Chiaki Matsuzawa acting as MC/host again.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Toei has gone ahead and announced the 2016 Digimon Adventure Festival (DigiFes 2016 for short) right now in an attempt to drive everyone who reports Digimon news to exhaustion.
    I like it when you guys insert little bits of humor like this into your news posts.

I'm very excited for DigiFes 2016! We're bound to learn more about the next Tri film, but I also hope we get tidbits of information regarding the latter half of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaVersus View Post
    I like it when you guys insert little bits of humor like this into your news posts.

I'm very excited for DigiFes 2016! We're bound to learn more about the next Tri film, but I also hope we get tidbits of information regarding the latter half of the series.
    It tends to depend on mood and how much there is to write. When I have to double check release information and that I'm spelling peoples names right, I'm concentrating on that. This was all relatively simple to type up, especially since Shin was on at the same time I was, so she was checking the translation while I was typing stuff up.

I expect we won't see much for the second half of tri., because by that point we will still be IN the first half.

At best I expect vague mentions of things, like how they mentioned 2 would get 'darker' or 'sadder' etc.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Shadious on Google+ Follow Shadious on DeviantArt
    As much as I have optimism about this event. I cannot help but also express gloom that the upcoming DigiFes could be tinged with sadness--- We lost Wada Kouji a month ago, and just yesterday, in midst of the excitement and jubilation over the official confirmation of Digimon Universe project with the toys, game and TV anime, news broke out of Yuuko Mizutani's unfortunate passing.

But, here's hoping that despite the consecutive tragedies that sent shock waves of grief to the Digimon Fandom, we can move onward and maintain a positive outlook for our beloved franchise.
    Bored of Knife of Day?

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    I expect we won't see much for the second half of tri., because by that point we will still be IN the first half.

At best I expect vague mentions of things, like how they mentioned 2 would get 'darker' or 'sadder' etc.
    That's basically what I was referring to. I'd be fine with vague things like that.

The reason why I brought it up is because the PVs for the second film had those very short teasers for the third film, so I'm curious if the PVs for the third film will continue this. Granted, the teaser for "Confession" was hardly revealing, but it did seem to illustrate that Patamon would be central in the story.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadious View Post
    As much as I have optimism about this event. I cannot help but also express gloom that the upcoming DigiFes could be tinged with sadness--- We lost Wada Kouji a month ago, and just yesterday, in midst of the excitement and jubilation over the official confirmation of Digimon Universe project with the toys, game and TV anime, news broke out of Yuuko Mizutani's unfortunate passing.
    I’m sure AiM and Ayumi Miyazaki at the very least will be there to cover old Wada songs, and of course the crowd is going to be invited to sing along to ‘Butterfly’. Wouldn’t surprise me if they did his entire catalogue from Adventure through Death Generals. They might get Sora’s new VA to sing her old insert song, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadious View Post
    I’m sure AiM and Ayumi Miyazaki at the very least will be there to cover old Wada songs, and of course the crowd is going to be invited to sing along to ‘Butterfly’. Wouldn’t surprise me if they did his entire catalogue from Adventure through Death Generals. They might get Sora’s new VA to sing her old insert song, too.
    While sad, it's worth mentioning that last year's DigiFes effectively ended with them reading a letter from Wada (in the hospital? I don't completely remember), while holding back tears, and everyone singing Butter-Fly.

I'm a Maniac
    YES! Is anyone else planning on going? I want to make a separate post about this since I also plan on doing some sightseeing in Odaiba. I'm going to be in Japan during this time.
    And yeah... I do expect there will be a lot of crying and mourning... I already cried when I heard about Wada. Still gets me teary that I'll never get to hear him sing live.

Quote Originally Posted by Apashi View Post
    YES! Is anyone else planning on going? I want to make a separate post about this since I also plan on doing some sightseeing in Odaiba. I'm going to be in Japan during this time.
    And yeah... I do expect there will be a lot of crying and mourning... I already cried when I heard about Wada. Still gets me teary that I'll never get to hear him sing live.
    Don't forget to go to the new ticket site when it goes live next week and register for the ticket lottery then! I don't recall if there was a general ticket sales period last year, but there'll be updates once that goes up ^^

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinraisei View Post
    Don't forget to go to the new ticket site when it goes live next week and register for the ticket lottery then! I don't recall if there was a general ticket sales period last year, but there'll be updates once that goes up ^^
    Yes, I will be on the lookout. The "lottery system" makes me nervous haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast