With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yuko Mizutani Has Passed

Yuko Mizutani Has Passed

After a night of great news, unfortunately we have to end on some very sad news.

Image Thumbnail

Voice actress Yuko Mizutani has passed away due to complications from breast cancer according to Oricon.

To Digimon fans Mizutani would be best known as the voice of Sora in Digimon Adventure and Zero-Two in the original Japanese language version. She also voiced Otamamon and Taichi and Hikari's mother, among a few other roles (it appears in at least one episode she also played Koushiro's mother.)

She had a long history as a voice actor playing such well loved characters like Mihoshi from Tenchi, Sakiko Sakura in Chibi Maruko-chan, Buffy in the Japanese dub of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Minnie Mouse in various titles, and many other roles.

She was 51 years old.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I don't even have words. Cancer has taken away two important figures in Digimon (three, if we take into account a dub actor in the latinamerican version). That sickness is horrible.

Add Shadious on Google+ Follow Shadious on DeviantArt
    Good Lord... I will admit I myself have not yet fully moved on from Wada Kouji's passing and now this.

This.. This is too much to bear and even fathom as of the moment.

...I could only express heartfelt condolences to her loved ones and close friends. As well as pray, and wish utmost happiness and peace for her soul.
    Last edited by Shadious; 05-19-2016 at 12:37 AM.
    Bored of Knife of Day?

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Seriously fuck cancer...taking too many good people this year.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    R.I.P. Yuko :'(
    Seriously man, just end 2016 now. Too many good people dying.

Geeze, I think almost every major entertainment industry death lately has been cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    Seriously fuck cancer...taking too many good people this year.
    Amen... you will be missed yuuko. She was also voicing usagis mom in Smc...

Oh man. Not another one. How many Digimon veterans is cancer going to take from us? Age 51? That's way too young to go.

Though, did she voice Taichi's and Hikari's mother in tri. as well, or was something else playing that role?

She was also presently voicing Ikuko Tsukino, mother of Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon, in Sailor Moon Crystal.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

She was also Excellen seiyuu, the female pilot from SRW OG fame. The new OG game maybe is the last work she recorded :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    Oh man. Not another one. How many Digimon veterans is cancer going to take from us? Age 51? That's way too young to go.

Though, did she voice Taichi's and Hikari's mother in tri. as well, or was something else playing that role?
    From what I could tell, Piyomon's VA took over as Taichi/Hikari's mother.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast