With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 15th Anniversary Digimon Tamers D-Ark Announced, Updated w/ Cards and Images

15th Anniversary Digimon Tamers D-Ark Announced, Updated w/ Cards and Images

After the Digimon Universe news, we have more Digimon news from V-Jump... Updated with a MUCH better image.

Image Thumbnail

The Digimon layout in this month's V-Jump also shows the first appearance of a 15th Anniversary D-Ark.

It'll start off with one in red, and one in blue (Takato and Ruki's respectively.)

The image definitely seems to show silhouettes of Megidramon and Sakuyamon Miko Mode.

Pre-orders will begin on July 22nd (roughly in line timewise with when the D-3 began taking orders.)

Better image is courtesy of kouniko25252

Update- The premium Bandai store has added a product page along with a promotional product image.

Image Thumbnail

The Anniversary card set will be sold separately from the D-Ark for 6,000 yen and it will ship in January 2017 according to V-Jump (it's a bit odd they give price and ship date for the cards and not for the D-Ark itself...)

They will provide more information about the D-Ark and card set on June 21st, the day before pre-orders open.

Edit- Much of this has been rewritten since we got better images, a product page, and further information.

Update 2- We have a major update on the card set.

Image Thumbnail

The final price of the set will be 6,480 yen and pre-orders will begin on July 22nd.

The contents of the set are...

Image Thumbnail

65 cards total... (they mention cards will be compatible with the 15th D-Ark, but it isn't clear if they mean all of them or not.)
    Including, the 40 cards used by the Tamers in the anime.
    Cards of the characters' Digimon will be included also.
    59 of the cards will be reprints. They don't specify if the character's Digimon cards will all be reprints or not... which is important or not because...
    There will be 2 new cards.
    Then you have 2 cards with what they call 'special original' illustrations (I assume these are new also, but they don't specify.)
    They will be including (and they note this is the first time this has been made officially available) a Red Card, which will be lenticular.
    A Blue card, which will also be lenticular.
    An A5 Size 'Digimon Tamers Special Book'
    And a replica of Takato's tin that he stored his cards in.

Bandai has also put up greyed out date listings (likely to be used to reveal further information) for June 10th, June 24th, and July 15th, so we can expect more information soon.

Update- From the current expo being held...

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

No news or information update, just thought people would like to see photos of prototype/display models.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm assuming the reason they are announcing this early in an issue of V-Jump probably relates to the fact that with both tri. and Universe stuff in the fall, they don't want it to get railroaded.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Okay yes I need this so badly. Please let there be a blue one available. I need it. Also looks like I can see the silhouettes of Meggidramon and Sakuyamon Miko mode there.

Quote Originally Posted by Devkyu View Post
    Okay yes I need this so badly. Please let there be a blue one available. I need it.
    It'll be interesting to see what the initial colors are.

Tamers was SO focused on the primary three, it'd legitimately be weird to not do one of them at the beginning, so it'll be interesting to see if they keep the 2+1 release pattern Adventure and 02 got.

The article has been heavily rewritten since we have a proper image now.

I wonder if the third will be green or gold...

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Who had a gold D-Ark again?

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeathspider View Post
    Takato after his previous one broke.

Junior Commander hope-endlessly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breaker335 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeathspider View Post
    Takato after his previous one broke.
    Juri's was a similar color too. Didn't he use hers after his broke and reclaim it? I'm probably misremembering.

Hm... I might be skipping over the Version 15th D-Arcs since they don't seem to actually embrace the Card Slash gimmick despite having the technology to do so, not to mention, I own multiples of the originals as well... Seriously, can't we just have another CSA Digivice now? They could easily make it like the Decadriver with a barcode scanning feature. That would be phenomenal.

But! I will most definitely get the card set that's sold separately on P-Bandai. Looks like it'll be a great collector's/replica set to have.
    Last edited by Actar; 05-19-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by hope-endlessly View Post
    Didn't he use hers after his broke and reclaim it? I'm probably misremembering.
    Nah, a gold D-Ark appeared before him and Guilmon after they regressed from Dukemon the first time. Reclaiming Juri's would have been awesome though.

Personally the D-Ark has my favorite design of any Digivice in the anime, I was hoping they would do something like this to commemorate Tamers' 15th anniversary.
    Last edited by Tetra Seleno; 05-19-2016 at 09:37 AM.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast