With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Universe Coming Soon, New Project including Animation and Products

Digimon Universe Coming Soon, New Project including Animation and Products

Confirming rumors from yesterday, the new V-Jump has indeed announced a new piece of the Digimon franchise.

Image Thumbnail

The full title seems to be Digimon Universe: App Monsters

The page is a basic one page sheet with various bits of teaser type information.

It mentions the various companies involved as Bandai, Bandai Namco Entertainment, and Toei Animation. From the way they list them it appears this is a collaboration between the three.

It also mentions there will be more news at the upcoming Tokyo Toy Show on June 9th.

They refer to it being a 'monster' sized project to launch fall 2016, with 'hobby' products (toys and so forth), a game, and a TV anime.

At the bottom of the sheet is an image of what appears to be a new Digimon, who we can probably assume is central to this new 'Universe' part of the franchise.

Aside from this Digimon, the only other thing in regards to the new project we can see on the image is 7 phone application style icons. Most of them seem to be styled to look like specific phone applications. The primary one shown appears to be a magnifying glass (which the new Digimon also has a magnifying glass near his head.)

More information to come soon, along with a proper translation of everything on the one sheet.

Thanks to Takao for originally bringing this to our attention and to white4517 for posting the image.

Edit- Earlier the title was given as Digimon Universe: App Monsters. After various people checked it, they say it's Applimonsters. Others still say App Monsters. I'm sure in the morning we will see translations from onkei, shin, and rach, and likely go with what they say it is.

Update- Toei has put up a teaser webpage with a very clean alternate version of the teaser image.

Image Thumbnail

Also, here is a clean version of the promo image...

Image Thumbnail

Along with a clean version of the logo....

Image Thumbnail

Also, leaving the V-Jump photo above, but Toei has put up a nice version of that same one sheet.

Image Thumbnail

Update 2- Bandai and Bandai-Namco have also put up teaser pages.

Image Thumbnail

The background on Bandai's page appears to show a few new Digimon (I don't THINK any of these are pre-existing but I could be wrong.) The small image towards the center is definitely our new Digimon from the teaser one sheet.

Update 3- Here is Toei's formal press release.

A basic translation of the only new bit from the press release...

The key is the smartphone applications used by everyone around the world. Within these apps lurk artificial intelligence lifeforms called App Monsters, also known by the shortened name: Appmons. These monsters only exist for the number of apps that exist.
    There is also a mention of a digital card game, and that other 'cross-media' projects will be coming.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Shadious on Google+ Follow Shadious on DeviantArt
    Thankfully this is both finally and officially confirmed. I look forward on June 9th, on how will this project shape up especially with the prospect of the TV anime.
    Last edited by Shadious; 05-18-2016 at 10:18 PM.
    Bored of Knife of Day?

Like I mention in the news post...

The app icons seem to be, in order...

A magnifying glass, what appears to be a Digimon's eye, a music app, a map app, a glove with something to signify action, a clock, and what I assume to be a camera.

So it appears that, combined with the 'App Monsters' subtitle, they want us to be thinking about smartphones.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

The new Digimon reminds me a lot of Caprimon/Kapurimon. The color scheme and the magnifying glass... perhaps it's a Baby II form of Hackmon? One magnifying "lens" to compliment Hackmon wearing full-on goggles?

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Ahh I needed some good news and new anime fits the bill nicely. With Tri not being finished I am somewhat surprised to get news of a new show. Now we wait in true fandom style for more info.

This thread is only for discussing Digimon Universe.

Since various people want to discuss the 15th Anniversary D-Ark, a thread has been made despite us not having a good picture.

The title and some minor bits have been fixed and updated in the news post.

To clarify, the Japanese text used for the title is アプリモンスターズ (apurimonsutaazu), which is why people are apparently saying that it's saying "Applimonsters". But the Japanese word for "app" or "application" is アプリ (apuri), so the Japanese title is just saying "App Monsters". Obviously how we should be referring to it in English will be unclear until any kind of English name is announced, but I think "Applimonsters" is silly. Since the Japanese title is just two words next to each other and is not intending for a cute name hybrid, I think it's misguided for us to not to translate one of the words and make a cute hybrid in English.

EDIT: Did some googling to see if there was any precedent for this. I searched for names using アプリ followed by more katakana. I found 3 results, 2 of which only used "App" in English, and one which did do a similar "Appli~" approach.

- アプリゲット (apurigetto) uses "App Get" (appget.com)
    - アプリマーケティング研究所 (apurimaaketingu kenkyuusho) uses "App Marketing" (appmarketinglabo.net)
    - アプリソムリエ (apurisomurie) uses "appsomm" for its domain name, but has "APPLISOMMELIER" in a logo (appsomm.jp)
    Last edited by jeffinitelyjeff; 05-19-2016 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffinitelyjeff View Post
    To clarify, the Japanese text used for the title is アプリモンスターズ (apurimonsutaazu), which is why people are apparently saying that it's saying "Applimonsters". But the Japanese word for "app" or "application" is アプリ (apuri), so the Japanese title is just saying "App Monsters". Obviously how we should be referring to it in English will be unclear until any kind of English name is announced, but I think "Applimonsters" is silly. Since the Japanese title is just two words next to each other and is not intending for a cute name hybrid, I think it's misguided for us to not to translate one of the words and make a cute hybrid in English.
    I would agree.

The 2 people I have awake who understand Japanese are saying it's Applimonsters (I believe touya also used this spelling when it was still a rumor.)

2 others who are better translators are currently asleep. For now I'll simply change it to say there is a disagreement on it.

After your edit, I think we can agree the best thing is just to call it Digimon Universe whenever possible.

Since somehow knowing Toei and Bandai they'll switch between App Monsters and Applimonsters at random in English themselves...

I prefer App Monsters personally...

Hopefully when shin and onkei are awake they just both agree on a term and we can all use that.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    With a May announcement I’m guessing they plan on a July or August premiere. ×ros Wars premiered in mid-July and its first info dump came in late April, with leaks appearing early that month.

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    With Tri not being finished I am somewhat surprised to get news of a new show.
    Not really that surprising. Even a serialised OVA occupies a pretty different marketing niche from a weekly show. In fact they’ll almost certainly be used to market each other.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast