With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: tri. part 3 Story Summary Released

I feel like the synopsis gives away way too much, but I have no willpower and I had to read it because I'm so excited. \_(ツ)_/

The fact this movie centers on Koushiro gave me hope that it will be more plot driven and focused on finding answers to the mystery, but now even more so.

I wonder if Patamon will evolve into something dark considering the lore behind Angemon and Devimon.

Quote Originally Posted by C-MC View Post
    who knows though, they might surprise us
    I'm totally expecting a new evolution by the end of Tri.

Edit: Just a bit of speculation, but out of the few infected Digimon we've seen been infected so far had to had troubles with darkness so maybe that's why Patamon got infected? Ogremon and Leomon were infected by Devimon/black gears although Leomon seemed to be able fight it. Patamon and Takeru deal with fighting Darkness. Kuwagamons make this pattern seem moot though, they were probably just wild Digimon.

I think Hackmon sent an illusion of the Digimon Kaiser and Imperialdramon to test to see if the kids would fight their fellow comrades. And incidentally just having the Digimon Kaiser play a role plays into this possible theme. It's too early to tell though but I can't wait to see how it turns out.
    Last edited by flintlock; 04-29-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    I feel like the synopsis gives away way too much, but I have no willpower and I had to read it because I'm so excited. \_(ツ)_/

The fact this movie centers on Koushiro gave me hope that it will be more plot driven and focused on finding answers to the mystery, but now even more so.

I wonder if Patamon will evolve into something dark considering the lore behind Angemon and Devimon.

who knows though, they might surprise us
    I'm totally expecting a new evolution by the end of Tri.

Edit: Just a bit of speculation, but out of the few infected Digimon we've seen been infected so far had to had troubles with darkness so maybe that's why Patamon got infected? Ogremon and Leomon were infected by Devimon/black gears although Leomon seemed to be able fight it. Patamon and Takeru deal with fighting Darkness. Kuwagamons make this pattern seem moot though, they were probably just wild Digimon.

I think Hackmon sent an illusion of the Digimon Kaiser and Imperialdramon to test to see if the kids would fight their fellow comrades. And incidentally just having the Digimon Kaiser play a role plays into this possible theme. It's too early to tell though but I can't wait to see how it turns out.
    the Digimon Kaiser is not a illusion it's the real Ken Ichijouji

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    That's an interesting theory. So by that logic, do you think that an infected Patamon running rogue is their real test? And if so, what role do you think Hackmon (and maybe Alphamon?) has to play in Part 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadious View Post
    I also think that that Meiko, Meicoomon and that shady Himekawa lady may have connected pasts altogether.
    The Onsen scenes in part 2 pretty much already established that fact, just without going into any detail.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaAngemonn View Post
    This further tells me that Patamon will not evolve in this movie especially if he's infected. I noticed not a single line in the summary was about Takeru's storyline and he shares the poster. It's all about Koushiro and then the one sentence about Hikari's dream. I see only Tentomon going mega in this movie.

I say both Gatomon and Patamon will go mega in the 5th movie. They'll give them a main part in movie 5 and probably Takeru and Hikari.
    I'd say that's still premature to come to those conclusion just from such a short text. It's not like the part 1 summary mentioned Yamato much, yet his conflict with Taichi was one of the biggest plot points in the entire film. Of course evolutions themselves haven't been mentioned in any of the summaries and let's not forget that because of spoilers and common sense the summaries are mostly limited to describing the first half and only cryptically implying parts of the second.
    So I don't feel it's justified to say that everything will be about Koushiro; Takeru could get just as big a slice of the action in the later parts that are of course not included in the summary. But personally I wouldn't mind it too much if it's a bit biased towards koushiro since Takeru's character doesn't really interest me that much but of course if it turns out that his role is limited to whining about Patamon and wearing hats... that would be a huge disappointment nontheless. Looking back at part 2 you could say that the focus was pretty much two thirds on Mimi and one third on Jou, yet it still was enough to pack in Jou's conflicts and character development to a degree that was satisfying so I doubt he'll get the center stage to that degree in the future. And the same could be done with Takeru, with no need to dedicate another movie to him (one is more than enough for a non-main character anyway) ...at least I have enough faith in the screenwriters to hope that won't do anything that clumsy.

And just from the poster alone I don't think you can be sure of anything. I'm still predicting predicting Patamon to evolve but with the infection in play, the question is just into what.

(also nothing in the text mentions anything about a dream...)

the Digimon Kaiser is not a illusion it's the real Ken Ichijouji
    That's just your opinion. From the way he never speaks, seems to dissipate into data and Hackmon's appearrance at the end there's at least some reason to doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhikan634 View Post
    Well, to parallel with Patamon's evos in the past, he's always the last to reach the next form. Having Seraphimon at this point wouldn't make sense, and at this point we're tracking the same order as Ultimate (Perfect) evos in Adventure (which mostly parallels Champion evos):
    1st Greymon MetalGreymon
    2nd Garurumon WereGarurumon
    3rd Birdramon MegaKabuterimon
    4th Kabuterimon Garudamon
    5th Togemon Lilymon
    6th Ikkakumon Zudomon
    7th Angemon Angewomon
    8th * Gatomon MagnaAngemon
    * Gatomon appeared later without an exact time given for her evo.
    I don't see any point to that chart. It doesn't predict anything about tri, in fact according to that chart it would be pretty much inconceivable that Gomamon and Palmon would get their evolutions so soon, in the second part. So tri does not only not need to go with the old formula it has already broken with it. With Palmon and Gomamon taking number 3 and 4 from Tentomon and Piyomon said two Digimon also pretty much can't fit into the formula the way the did before... not to mention that it doesn't seem like we'll get to see Piyomon warp evolving to Hououmon in part 3 so even in the case of Patamon not evolving Tentomon and Piyomon would switch places which would even screw up the order inside the "pairs"... so we pretty much know that at least 50% of all digimon cannot be in that order anymore so you can't guarantee much at all based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by saifors View Post
    So when did Patamon get infected? When Takeru and Meiko are talking in those Yukatas?
    I mean there wasn't really a case of meicoomon touching Patamon to infect it.
    We don't really know how the infection works at all, it might not be based on touch... I mean we've seen Orgemon get infected seemingly without Maicoomon present. So there's probably more about the infection than just Maicoomon itself.

Quote Originally Posted by breaker335 View Post
    Anyone else getting the feeling that the infection will prevent Patamon from evolving at all?
    I don't think so... if anything I could imagine evolution being what ends up curing Patamon's infection at the end, just like in V-tamer UlforceV-dramon purged Demon's dark virus from his body when he evolved to UlfoceV-dramon Future mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmon View Post
    This may not be the right thread for it, but I wonder what the potential for a new 'infected' patamon digivolution line is.
    I guess that's the other direction things could go in but I'm not sure about it's potential in terms of story. Having to fight infected evolutions of their friend while trying to save him from the evil infection is just such an old hat at this point... and you could also argue that they are in that same position with Maicoomon already, so do we really need a second helping of the same? And do we need more secondary "villains" right now? Tri. is already quite filled with challenges to overcome. There's Maicoomon, the infected Digimon themselves, alphamon is still out there (I wonder when that guy will appear again anyway) and then there's still Hackmon to worry about depending on what his motive is, the organization and Himekawa in particular might have some hidden motives and with the possibility of the Kaiser possibly not being an illusory construct there's also him to worry about... so I think adding an infected Patamon line as an additional threat for the future right now would border on overkill especially since none of the other threats had that much time in the spotlight yet.
    But I guess if they have to go with something like that I would really appreciate it if they would reuse or at least be inspired by the DW3 BlackSeraphimon design not only because it looks great by itself but the color scheme would also fit with the other antagonists shown so far such as Imperialdramon & FM in their new palette and Alphamon.

On another note, "infected evolution" notwithstanding I'd really like to see Patamon go completely berserk from infection at some point. Just imagine it: Patamon, mindless and mercyless descending upon Tokyo, wildly blasting Air shots at trees and buildings to no effect, scurrying up to passersby and swatting them with his wings causing them some mild discomfort in the process.
    It would be dramatic and harrowing scene, I'm sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled View Post
    Well, Patamon is going to die again. :/ I really wish they didn't use that trope again.
    If they do, I just really wish it doesn't feel as rushed/superficial/obligatory/poorly-established-and-put-together as the introduction and death of Leomon.
    I actually thought that Leomon's death was executed really well. It's his sudden reintroduction that I have more problems with but Maicoomon's attack was a great moment since it was quite a surprise, for a leomeon death at least since it came so suddenly and above all, after the main conflict of part 2 seemed to have been resolved already. But now they have played the "we'll suddenly kill someone at the end of the episode"-card already so it happening to Patamon would be no surprise at all so I doubt they will go that way. Koushiro coming up with something to cure or at least a restriction for the virus seems more likely but that's just my guess.

Anyway some more random thoughts... I think the synopsis at least hints towards Maicoomon not actually having evolved at the end of part 2 just like many suspected. Not only is the word "transformation" used instead of evolution when there would have been no reason not to call it that would it have been the case but when it mentiones it reappearing it is still called Maicoomon and not something else. I'd expect Maicoomon to spend at least some time in her new transformed form before changing into what we've seen on the poster simply because it had only around half a minute if screen time in part 2 and abandoning it so soon would be kind of a wasted design. So I suspect her actual evolution to occur at some fight towards the end just like Imperialdramon changed modes when Facing the two ultimates at the end of part 2. Of course that would make the Digimon on the poster merely perfect level and what could it do against HerakleKabuterimon? I mean it's technically possible that Maicoomon will skip a level like Keramon did in OWG or it might simply be that either the fight will not end up as straight forward strength based as the poster makes it seem (if it happens that way at all) and the possibility of infection might make approaching it a bigger challenge than it would be with other perfect levels.

I am quite interested in what the third part might have in store for as as far as Koushiro's character is concerned. the way he was treated in Part 1 annoyed me to no end, part 2 was a step up but not by very much; I still feel like instead of steering him in a more believable direction and adding nuance to what were run-of-the-mill archetypes, like what was done with other characters, Koushiro was just got a few more pointless cliches heaped onto him to the point of absurdity and of course this is the best chance to make up for that by giving him some good development away from that. Tri has done a good job so far when it comes to the characters that are the main focus of its episodes so I'll allow myself to get my hopes up a bit in that regard

One of the things I'm not so thrilled about is the thought that the Digimon might spend most of part 3 in quarantine; I think it might be totally justified in terms of story and of course might also help to maintain character focus. After all tri. has at least shown some common sense when it comes to action scenes by proving that even Imperialdramon FM is screwed when fighting two against one, so now that we have four Digimon capable of achieving ultimate level... Maicoomon or some potential evil patamon would probably end up steamrolled before there'd be any need for Tentomon to trigger ultimate evolution so to make that believable just kinda locking all the others away seems reasonable (at least more reasonable than more magic data walls that only let certain characters through, I think that would have gotten old very fast).
    But just from a standpoint of enjoyment... one of the things part 2 did better than part 1 was integrating the digimon into the majority of their story without letting the humans monopolize the entire movie too much but with the Digimon in quarantine it seems possible that at least the first half might skew towards the human side even more than it already does. There might be some funny scenes of the Digimon getting getting bored in isolation I guess. Of course another thing about the quarantine is that it can't last too long.
    It wouldn't make sense to randomly release them after Patamon gets infected, yet they'll have to be released eventually or else the plot won't be able to move on. So my money would be in koushiro finding, through the case of patamon's infection, some countermeasure at the end of the film that, after saving patamon (or maybe Patamon will have to be sacrificed for it that would also be completely okay) will allow the other Digimon to move freely again. Since I doubt they'll spend more than one movie cooped up.

About them probably still not going into the digital world... that's not really bothering me much. For me it doesn't matter what world they find themselves in as long as the plot moves forward. And that's one of the most promising things I gathered from the summary: It finally seems like they will be cutting down on all that mundane slice-of-life in favour of actually diving into the mystery and plot full time so to speak. That's pretty much what I've been waiting for.
    Last edited by Theigno; 04-29-2016 at 04:46 PM.

I'm going digital
    I'm intrigued about the possible appearance of Homeostasis.

I wonder if we go any further explanation for her connection with Hikari (and her myterious powers).

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    I'd say that's still premature to come to those conclusion just from such a short text. It's not like the part 1 summary mentioned Yamato much, yet his conflict with Taichi was one of the biggest plot points in the entire film. Of course evolutions themselves haven't been mentioned in any of the summaries and let's not forget that because of spoilers and common sense the summaries are mostly limited to describing the first half and only cryptically implying parts of the second.
    So I don't feel it's justified to say that everything will be about Koushiro; Takeru could get just as big a slice of the action in the later parts that are of course not included in the summary. But personally I wouldn't mind it too much if it's a bit biased towards koushiro since Takeru's character doesn't really interest me that much but of course if it turns out that his role is limited to whining about Patamon and wearing hats... that would be a huge disappointment nontheless. Looking back at part 2 you could say that the focus was pretty much two thirds on Mimi and one third on Jou, yet it still was enough to pack in Jou's conflicts and character development to a degree that was satisfying so I doubt he'll get the center stage to that degree in the future. And the same could be done with Takeru, with no need to dedicate another movie to him (one is more than enough for a non-main character anyway) ...at least I have enough faith in the screenwriters to hope that won't do anything that clumsy.

And just from the poster alone I don't think you can be sure of anything. I'm still predicting predicting Patamon to evolve but with the infection in play, the question is just into what.

(also nothing in the text mentions anything about a dream...)
    It's true that it is still too early to come to a conclusion.

That said, although Ketsui was two thirds on Mimi and one third on Jou, we had already seen some of Joe's conflict in Saikai. Instead, so far, we have not seen anything about conflict of Takeru.

That makes me think that Kokuhaku only begins to address his conflict, but it will not solve yet (maybe this is solved in another film where he is the protagonist). Of couse, this is just a feeling I have.
    Last edited by Kon; 04-29-2016 at 02:43 PM.

No real idea on what the agonizing secret could be. It looks like it's coming from the Homeostasis, and "Taichi and co." are all affected by it, so I guess it must have something to do with why/how they were chosen, perhaps why Meiko was chosen, etc.

Maybe the Zero Two kids were "un-chosen" and that's why they disappeared.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by breaker335 View Post
    Anyone else getting the feeling that the infection will prevent Patamon from evolving at all?
    If Takeru still have some hope in Patamon.
    Patamon will evolve.

I guess that's the other direction things could go in but I'm not sure about it's potential in terms of story. Having to fight infected evolutions of their friend while trying to save him from the evil infection is just such an old hat at this point... and you could also argue that they are in that same position with Maicoomon already, so do we really need a second helping of the same? And do we need more secondary "villains" right now? Tri. is already quite filled with challenges to overcome. There's Maicoomon, the infected Digimon themselves, alphamon is still out there (I wonder when that guy will appear again anyway) and then there's still Hackmon to worry about depending on what his motive is, the organization and Himekawa in particular might have some hidden motives and with the possibility of the Kaiser possibly not being an illusory construct there's also him to worry about... so I think adding an infected Patamon line as an additional threat for the future right now would border on overkill especially since none of the other threats had that much time in the spotlight yet.
    But I guess if they have to go with something like that I would really appreciate it if they would reuse or at least be inspired by the DW3 BlackSeraphimon design not only because it looks great by itself but the color scheme would also fit with the other antagonists shown so far such as Imperialdramon & FM in their new palette and Alphamon.

On another note, "infected evolution" notwithstanding I'd really like to see Patamon go completely berserk from infection at some point. Just imagine it: Patamon, mindless and mercyless descending upon Tokyo, wildly blasting Air shots at trees and buildings to no effect, scurrying up to passersby and swatting them with his wings causing them some mild discomfort in the process.
    It would be dramatic and harrowing scene, I'm sure of that.
    That would be hilarious and tragic at the same time. You knock a large enemy down with a massive attack, but when it's a cute little monster?
    I definitely did not consider what a new evolution line would serve in the context of the story, and Meicoomon definitely fills that part. However, patamon adopting a new evolution line caused by the infection would not have to mean that the creature remains evil/infected. But this is mere fan-fiction.

I actually thought that Leomon's death was executed really well. It's his sudden reintroduction that I have more problems with but Maicoomon's attack was a great moment since it was quite a surprise, for a leomeon death at least since it came so suddenly and above all, after the main conflict of part 2 seemed to have been resolved already. But now they have played the "we'll suddenly kill someone at the end of the episode"-card already so it happening to Patamon would be no surprise at all so I doubt they will go that way. Koushiro coming up with something to cure or at least a restriction for the virus seems more likely but that's just my guess.
    Yes, the moment of the killing in particular was properly executed, I do not have any problem with it on its own, it's just that it lacked any considerable emotional impact, since the character was hardly at all established. Kywagamon being crashed in Alphamon's hand in part 1 after they had been a dominant villain throughout most of it made more of an impression to me for example.
    Last edited by Grimmon; 04-30-2016 at 03:01 AM.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Speaking of all of this since presumably the ultimate form of Meikuumon is the villain here I wonder who's the actual culprit behind all of this ever since I saw the poster it got me much more excited for the rest of the Tri movies, it's pretty much guaranteed that we're gonna get some answers regarding the infection but if we don't get answers regarding the season 2 cast I'm gonna be pissed

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    It's not like the part 1 summary mentioned Yamato much, yet his conflict with Taichi was one of the biggest plot points in the entire film.So I don't feel it's justified to say that everything will be about Koushiro; Takeru could get just as big a slice of the action in the later parts that are of course not included in the summary. [...] Looking back at part 2 you could say that the focus was pretty much two thirds on Mimi and one third on Jou, yet it still was enough to pack in Jou's conflicts and character development to a degree that was satisfying so I doubt he'll get the center stage to that degree in the future. And the same could be done with Takeru, with no need to dedicate another movie to him
    This is a good point to keep in mind while we're speculating wildly before the first PV is released; I went back and checked the official summary for Determination, and it, too, focuses almost exclusively on Mimi, with the only suggestion that Jou would be the film's deuteragonist the last sentence at the end, and the teaser poster. If anything, you could argue that Takeru is getting more indication that he'll be a major character in this movie between the summary, the poster, and with the stinger ("Goodbye, Takeru") that was attached to the Determination PVs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast