Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After the Digimon Universe news, we have more Digimon news from V-Jump... Updated with a MUCH better image.

Image Thumbnail

The Digimon layout in this month's V-Jump also shows the first appearance of a 15th Anniversary D-Ark.

It'll start off with one in red, and one in blue (Takato and Ruki's respectively.)

The image definitely seems to show silhouettes of Megidramon and Sakuyamon Miko Mode.

Pre-orders will begin on July 22nd (roughly in line timewise with when the D-3 began taking orders.)

Better image is courtesy of kouniko25252

Update- The premium Bandai store has added a product page along with a promotional product image.

Image Thumbnail

The Anniversary card set will be sold separately from the D-Ark for 6,000 yen and it will ship in January 2017 according to V-Jump (it's a bit odd they give price and ship date for the cards and not for the D-Ark itself...)

They will provide more information about the D-Ark and card set on June 21st, the day before pre-orders open.

Edit- Much of this has been rewritten since we got better images, a product page, and further information.

Update 2- We have a major update on the card set.

Image Thumbnail

The final price of the set will be 6,480 yen and pre-orders will begin on July 22nd.

The contents of the set are...

Image Thumbnail

65 cards total... (they mention cards will be compatible with the 15th D-Ark, but it isn't clear if they mean all of them or not.)
Including, the 40 cards used by the Tamers in the anime.
Cards of the characters' Digimon will be included also.
59 of the cards will be reprints. They don't specify if the character's Digimon cards will all be reprints or not... which is important or not because...
There will be 2 new cards.
Then you have 2 cards with what they call 'special original' illustrations (I assume these are new also, but they don't specify.)
They will be including (and they note this is the first time this has been made officially available) a Red Card, which will be lenticular.
A Blue card, which will also be lenticular.
An A5 Size 'Digimon Tamers Special Book'
And a replica of Takato's tin that he stored his cards in.

Bandai has also put up greyed out date listings (likely to be used to reveal further information) for June 10th, June 24th, and July 15th, so we can expect more information soon.

Update- From the current expo being held...

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

No news or information update, just thought people would like to see photos of prototype/display models.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm assuming the reason they are announcing this early in an issue of V-Jump probably relates to the fact that with both tri. and Universe stuff in the fall, they don't want it to get railroaded.

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay yes I need this so badly. Please let there be a blue one available. I need it. Also looks like I can see the silhouettes of Meggidramon and Sakuyamon Miko mode there.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay yes I need this so badly. Please let there be a blue one available. I need it.

It'll be interesting to see what the initial colors are.

Tamers was SO focused on the primary three, it'd legitimately be weird to not do one of them at the beginning, so it'll be interesting to see if they keep the 2+1 release pattern Adventure and 02 got.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The article has been heavily rewritten since we have a proper image now.

I wonder if the third will be green or gold...

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who had a gold D-Ark again?

Actar

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hm... I might be skipping over the Version 15th D-Arcs since they don't seem to actually embrace the Card Slash gimmick despite having the technology to do so, not to mention, I own multiples of the originals as well... Seriously, can't we just have another CSA Digivice now? They could easily make it like the Decadriver with a barcode scanning feature. That would be phenomenal.

But! I will most definitely get the card set that's sold separately on P-Bandai. Looks like it'll be a great collector's/replica set to have.

Last edited:

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't he use hers after his broke and reclaim it? I'm probably misremembering.

Nah, a gold D-Ark appeared before him and Guilmon after they regressed from Dukemon the first time. Reclaiming Juri's would have been awesome though.

Personally the D-Ark has my favorite design of any Digivice in the anime, I was hoping they would do something like this to commemorate Tamers' 15th anniversary.

Last edited:

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow today has been such a whirlwind!!! Thank you for prompt reporting. Card set sounds worthwhile -- I only can afford one of the two since I've also dedicated myself to buying the DVDs for all tri. merch so if anyone wants to like talk card sets lmk :)

zhoumai123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For some reason I have a feeling...once these two versions are released they might release an all gold version to the Ver.3 Ultimate D-Ark .

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm hoping for Jianliang's green D-Ark. He's an important enough character to warrant it I think.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news article with far more information about the cards and some of the items that comes with the card set.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I recall there being at least one Option card used in the anime that didn't exist in the game. Wonder if that will be included among the new cards, though I'd sort of be surprised.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wasn't Takato's Card Reader EX a real toy at some point? Even if they put out a non-functioning replica/toy, I would be interested in that. The card tin box looks like a must for collectors, or even dedicated cosplayers.

Agreed on earlier sentiments that it would be weird to exclude Jianliang's D-Ark. I'm expecting his and Ryo's reverse-Ruki D-Ark to eventually be announced. Or at least, I'd prefer Ryo's to Takato's updated one. Or maybe not, because that would mean I'm spending more money...

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. This is also nice. I suspect we'll get at least 3. If not also the Gold D-Arc too. Maybe Ryo if anything else.

perignonic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone has any idea on third party sites that delivers to Singapore?

My friends that were living in Japan has recently moved back to Singapore, so they can't help me preorder. :(

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone has any idea on third party sites that delivers to Singapore?

My friends that were living in Japan has recently moved back to Singapore, so they can't help me preorder. :(

When they go up for pre-order we will link the normal sites we do.

I don't specifically know if they ship to Singapore, but it wouldn't surprise me. Their entire business is predicated on shipping stuff out of Japan. I doubt they particularly care if it's the USA, UK, or Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.