With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3845464748

Thread: 3D Models from Digimon Linkz (and by extension Cyber Sleuth and Next 0rder)

Wow, i can't believe i found this! I make papercrafts (like image below), and i was using the DMO models, but Linkz models are way better! The only problem for me is the T pose. I've read the topic and saw that animations are on they way, but i don't actually need animated models, but models in a cool pose, like an action figure. So, my question is, there is a way to rip the models in a pose? Like the images you post when a new model comes out. A method would be great, since a don't really have any experience or abilities posing models.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    wow that really looks cool! I also reckon that Crusadermon might be one of the easier ones to do...

That's some nice papercraft and the scale is impressive as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbs View Post
    I've read the topic and saw that animations are on they way, but i don't actually need animated models, but models in a cool pose, like an action figure. So, my question is, there is a way to rip the models in a pose?
    Your request and ripping animations in general boils down to basically exactly the same task, at least initially. A pose is just a still frame of an animation, so if you want the frames you have to get the animations to work correctly first.
    The extraction program I use, AssetStudio, technically exports animations, except the resulting fbx files are not 100% correct. If you want to view them in a simple editor or import them into an external editor like blender they might not import correctly or not at all or the mesh might not be bound to the rig correctly, etc.
    So the minimum requirement to rip the animations correctly is to be able import the fbx file into either 3dsMax or Maya since those are the programs that are designed to work with fbx natively. Many of the kinks in the fbx output will be automatically fixed upon import import, some others will need a bit of manual work, for example the different animation clips need to be imported separately from the file. Anyway once you can see animation, all you need to do is to navigate to the frame you want and then export is again as an fbx that is rigged but does not include animation (Maya has a special "Game exporter" for this). and you should end up with a model that is frozen in the pose you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferbs View Post
    Like the images you post when a new model comes out. A method would be great, since a don't really have any experience or abilities posing models.
    Almost all rendered models you see in this thread I have posed by hand. Only the last five or so take advantage of animation exports to use poses from the game.
    Posing isn't that hard if you take the time. Before working with these models I had only very little experience with posing models myself. Usually it makes sense to use an actual action figure as a reference for a pose. Trying to replicate anime screenshots or photographs is hard because some angles or subtle shifted positions might just not be possible with the rigging setup of the models. On the other hand, most models have at least as much articulation as most action figures so if a pose works for a figure with roughly the same proportions it will work for the model as well.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    He could digivolve from Raguelmon since they both have Darkness Zone and Raguelmon has Apocalymon data inseide it

I come from the net
    Yeah but Raguelmon medals are pretty much rare besides Meicrackmon VM medals became farmable at PVP shop... So IMO evolving from Raguelmon may be good additional evo path yet it's hard to farm like that.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3845464748