With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2835363738

Thread: 3D Models from Digimon Linkz (and by extension Cyber Sleuth and Next 0rder)

It's CresGarurumon.

In a very sudden and very small update, in which literally only this single model was included Linkz just today added CresGarurumon.

...The model looks great in terms of its mesh but I kind of feel like the image compression wasn't as nice to his textures as it was to BlitzGreymon's. I also love CresGarurumon's Bandai artwork so I pretty much replicated the pose, although of course some parts of the tail and the capes simply don't flow as well as they do in the artwork. (I also put on some reflections that I hope aren't too distracting, I'm kind of debating to do that more with metallic Digimon but it's quite a bit of work to set up and pushes the render times up considerably).

Last edited by Theigno; 06-20-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Follow Ryou Misaki On Twitter Add Ryou Misaki on Facebook Visit Ryou Misaki's Youtube Channel Add Ryou Misaki on Steam Add Ryou Misaki on DeviantArt
    The cape and tail are quite different huh?
    My English is Sukamon​, I Nume Nume.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryou Misaki View Post
    On the contrary, it's a very accurate model. The length of the tail matches up as does even the number of branching strands, which is just ridiculous attention to detail. but obviously there's a limit to how it can stretch with only those kinds of bones. The only reason why the shape and number of capes it wasn't clear from the artwork was probably the angle.
    Last edited by Theigno; 06-20-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Follow Ryou Misaki On Twitter Add Ryou Misaki on Facebook Visit Ryou Misaki's Youtube Channel Add Ryou Misaki on Steam Add Ryou Misaki on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryou Misaki View Post
    On the contrary, it's a very accurate model. The length of the tail matches up as does even the number of branching strands, which is just ridiculous attention to detail. but obviously there's a limit to how it can stretch with only those kinds of bones. The only reason why the shape and number of capes it wasn't clear from the artwork was probably the angle.
    You're right, I've opened the file and luckly it's all right. *Phew*
    My English is Sukamon​, I Nume Nume.

CresGarurumon.
    that was fast (since blitzgrymon was just added) but still yaaay i wonder if they are going to add omegamon alter-s really soon as well?

I never noticed until now how close CresGarurumon's shoulder swords are to just straight up being Gaioumon's Kikurin Blades.

I come from the net
    Yeah but the difference thing is, CresGarurumon's sword shoulders got "Hook" blades at its tips.

CresGarurumon's model is a bit strange looking. I dunno which to point out why.

Oh boy, CresGarurumon model, right in the day AncientGarurumon become available in Linkz. Alter-S is definitely coming.

Similarly to AncientGreymon, the textures are clearly based on the Garmmon texture used in Hacker's Memory. I think it's a little bit less usccessful than AncientGreymon since at some spots the texture is rather pixely, presumably because those parts of the texture were meant to be projected onto a far smaller area. But it's still nice to finally get a model of this guy, since there's very little artwork of him in general. I don't think we ever saw his back clearly and I didn't even kow that he has some sort of rocket/turbine there for example.
    It's actually been pretty poorly represented through the card game. Some of the images make it look like he has the same backpack his toy does, while others make it look almost like there should be nothing at all. At minimum, the toy incorrectly places Garmmon's shoulderpads on AGmon's fists, instead of on its back.

I would be really interested in a screenshot of the Linkz model's back.

Add DL22003 on Discord Add DL22003 on Steam Add DL22003 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Inpu View Post
    Similarly to AncientGreymon, the textures are clearly based on the Garmmon texture used in Hacker's Memory. I think it's a little bit less usccessful than AncientGreymon since at some spots the texture is rather pixely, presumably because those parts of the texture were meant to be projected onto a far smaller area. But it's still nice to finally get a model of this guy, since there's very little artwork of him in general. I don't think we ever saw his back clearly and I didn't even kow that he has some sort of rocket/turbine there for example.
    It's actually been pretty poorly represented through the card game. Some of the images make it look like he has the same backpack his toy does, while others make it look almost like there should be nothing at all. At minimum, the toy incorrectly places Garmmon's shoulderpads on AGmon's fists, instead of on its back.

I would be really interested in a screenshot of the Linkz model's back.
    I posted one in:

https://withthewill.net/threads/1591...l=1#post342173

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2835363738