With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Foreigner - A Community Driven RP

Add Kiwizoom on DeviantArt

Foreigner - A Community Driven RP

Intro:

Hello! I'll try to start a community RP here, it's more like a choose-your-own-adventure forum RP game.
    Hopefully this will break the bad luck with digimon RPs due to scope considerations

It'll work by somebody writing a paragraph and ending in careted prompts. Then someone else can pick up a prompt and repeat the story structure ad infinitum.
    I don't care if you want to turn this into an epic adventure or just seek out babamon for stories and supermarket errands.
    There is no set canon this world takes place in, just general digimon. Feel free to write in features of this world that make it unique.

Rules:

• Keep your continuation to just a paragraph or so. (my intro is longer only to stage it.)
    • The choices shouldn't push them in only one type of direction unless it is somehow appropriate ( character falling? >Aaah! >AAAHHH! >flap arms )
    • Don't reply to your own prompt
    • If a post is hard to understand, doesn't really follow the prompt or is somehow completely tasteless it might be deemed a non-post

I like wacky premises so
    Here we go:

Gaius Jean balanced on his little brother's training bike, the side wheels were off but it was so short he kept feeling he was going to fall over. At the end of the sidewalk was Mark, posed next to a series of sheetwood ramps balanced over cinder blocks in a crash course of potentially sweet kicks and airborne flights.

"You sure you want to do this?" Mark's skeptical voice carried poorly from downwind. "You're little bro's gonna be mad if you mess up his bike."

Guy didn't answer, he just smirked and kicked off the cement and let 'er go. He started off slow but cleared the first ramp and rolled down to the next one, picking up some speed. He braced himself for the second ramp. He was coming up to it.. Right at impact, the sheetwood snapped and Guy pitched over the bike and wiped out on the sidewalk. Mark ran over as fast as he could to assess the damage. It looked like Guy was now unconscious and hit his head on one of the flung cinder blocks from under the board. Mark nervously considered whether the pool of blood forming was reason enough to tell his mom and others of the pitiful way he just totally wiped on this tiny bike, but in the end he decided he had to. He could deal with being grounded later.

"I don't think he's gonna make it." The doctor said monotonously. "You should probably say your final words now."

The Jean family: Mom, dad, and little brother crowded the bed. They said the usual things; teary-eyed people often can't get too creative when they are loaded emotionally. The little brother rested his favorite stuffed animal on the bed, next to Guy's limp hand. Each time they spoke their words made Guy's heart rate rise, which the doctor dismissed as part of his present but waning conscious.

Inside Guy was of turmoil. He heard and understood everything. This couldn't be the end, he reasserted again and again. But he couldn't move his body.

"It's time." The doctor announced, and thereafter pulled the life support.

Guy looked around inside his conscious where there were multiple pins of light. They didn't mention there were many. He focused on one and ran, the speck of light gradually enlargening as he got closer while he was too terrified to look back.

The light had looked level but when he had gotten close his stomach dropped as he realized it pointed down, down from the sky he fell to the ground. Suddenly he felt the weight of the world and was exhausted but the Sun - was it the Sun? He could tell was warm and inviting, heating his skin and the grass flicking his arms in the breeze. He became tired and napped.

When he awoke, it was still noon, but he felt more collected to gather his wits about him and look.

He was sitting in an orange grassy field in a series of hillocks that scattered all about him at different heights. The sky was clear and pale blue with a bright whitish yellow sun shining. Off in the distance ahead was what appeared to be a small village of houses with thatched roofs and little pens. A ravine cut it off from where he could access it though. Off to the left he saw the glints and sparkles of a thin stream weaving among the mounds, and he could make out a wood bridge and perhaps a road leading over it. Lining his legs, a series of Popomon have come to rest, though Guy is not aware of what they are. They were not there before. Checking all his clothes and pockets, they were empty.

> Scale a high hillock to get a better view of the village
    > Inspect the flowers lining your legs
    > Head towards the river and bridge in hopes of finding a clear path
    > Get really upset and start screaming and listing the people that should have died instead of you
    > Loudly narrate your options and choose one

===========================
    Gaius Inventory:
    -nothing yet-

Wearing:
    Loose fitted white and green graphic tee
    dark grey jacket
    grey shorts
    black and yellow sneakers
    ===========================

Guy has nothing in his Inventory, but if you modify his inventory please remember to list all that he is carrying/wearing!
    Last edited by Kiwizoom; 03-20-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Add Kiwizoom on DeviantArt

//I needed a prompt to paint today

Ain't got no mojo...
    he began to head to the bridge and found a path to the village which he heads to only to find it empty. but he dose find a D3 not knowing what it is he picks it up and begins to leave the village, only to find that will be more difficult then it was to get hear because now the village is surrounded by digimon, mainly apemon. '"now what do I do?" the question had barely left his mouth when a knightmon saved his life and told him that he was his partner digimon.

>ask '"what's a digimon?"
    >take him at his word.
    >scream loudly.

~===========================
    Gaius Inventory:
    D3

Wearing:
    dark grey jacket
    grey shorts
    black and yellow sneakers
    ==========================

"What's a digimon?"
    "Digimon is short for digital monster. We are monster that fight. I am your partner. I will protect you. Also, I need your help to get stronger."
    "But what is this all about? I was dying and then next I am here at a world with different color patterns and I'm attacked by monkeys and you save me... I'm not understanding anything."
    "I don't know why nor how you came here to the Digiworld, the world where we're living. All I know is the last night the Apemon killed all the Digimon in the village. I've been told to wait here for my human partner, the one who would pick the D3."
    "D3...? Do you mean this?"
    Guy showed the D3. It was a gray D3.
    "yes, this is it." said Knightmon "It appeared to you. This shows you are my partner."
    "What is this all about? I still don't understand what's happening."
    "Maybe we can find out." said Knightmon.

> Ask Knightmon who told him Guy would appear there
    > Go ask the Popomon on the other side of the ravine if they knew something
    > Stay and cry
    > Leave the village with no direction
    > Ask Knightmon if he had something to eat

~===========================
    Gaius Inventory:
    D3

Wearing:
    dark grey jacket
    grey shorts