With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure Tri. Evolution

Yeah, I feel like they're doing the best with what they have, but they've clearly written themselves into a corner with this Reboot thing happening when it does.

Basically... the Reboot happening at the end of Part 3 of 6 is good pacing in terms of the story structure. But they have another structure going on where each of the movies is supposed to be introducing a new Kyuukyokutai digimon for each of the 6 (non-Tai/Yama) kids. And that's good pacing too. Unfortunately, the two plot devices interfere with each other directly due to the way the Adventure series is inherently set up.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

I come from the net CloneWarrior's Avatar
    If Bakumon even evolves to the Ultimate level, I can't see it becoming anything but Huanglongmon. It would be pretty weird for the fifth Digimon in a set of Digimon where the rest became the Four Holy Beasts to not become the fifth Holy Beast.

I feel like Megadramon would have suited Quinlongmon more, since they're both serpentine dragons. Then Triceramon could become Huanglongmon... which wouldn't be perfect, but I think it'd look better than Triceramon > Quinlongmon at least.

Quote Originally Posted by CloneWarrior View Post
    If Bakumon even evolves to the Ultimate level, I can't see it becoming anything but Huanglongmon. It would be pretty weird for the fifth Digimon in a set of Digimon where the rest became the Four Holy Beasts to not become the fifth Holy Beast.
    Himekawa and Bakumon's reunion was so ugly so I can't even really see her being partners with Bakumon again let alone evolving into one of the most holy Digimon that exists. Maybe Himekawa will have a a face hell turn/giant moment of clarity?

Looking at Himekawa's reunion, I can see her relationship with the reborn Bakumon being that point of redemption for her later on. Some of her redeemable points are tied to her partner, and the loss of his memories of her could be treated as a punishment for her actions in the story. So her being forced to deal with the consequences through that loss and then learn from her mistakes could be a way for the writers to write her coming back from her selfish actions and become a heroic character again.
    Last edited by Bartz; 03-15-2017 at 04:18 AM.

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    I wonder if Himekawa will be used to tie the Dark Ocean into the story. Highly unlikely, but a twist I would welcome with open arms and a smile

I come from the net
    I would like that. I'd accept that very easily.

I wonder, what is actually a evolutionary line five original Digimon? Sorry if it's been dealt with. It's hard to keep track. I know that this topic was solved before nearly two years ago. So... http://withthewill.net/threads/15376...ght=holy+beast

Originally we assumed that these were:

Agumon
    Piyomon
    Gabumon
    Tentomon
    Patamon

Here creators a little ... I do not like these discrepancies. Patamon was replaced to Bakumon.
    Piyomon could be. We have a choice of these bird Digimon: Hyokomon, Hakwmon, Falcomon, Muchomon and Penmon...

Assuming that would change other Digimon:
    Penmon/Muchomon - Cockatrimon/Akatorimon - Hippogriffomon for Zhuqiaomon
    Hyokomon... well, I dont know...

Agumon... Well, I think we can safely assume pattern dragon / reptile...
    Here we have a somewhat larger group: Agumon, Gabumon, Guilmon, Gaossmon, Kotemon, Psychemon, Dracomon, Gumdramon, Huckmon, Monodramon, Shoutmon, V-mon...

From the list, I would definitely crossed out these Digimon: Guilmon, Gumdramon, Shoutmon and V-mon and maybe too.. Monodramon with Huckmon...
    For Agumon and Gabumon the same applies thing for Piyomon.
    Well... The best choice is Dracomon. The rest is debatable.
    Dracomon - Coredramon (Green) - Triceramon for Qinglongmon

Tentomon... could be as Piyomon. And: Dokunemon, Kunemon, Funbeemon, Wormmon...So... Now, I ruled out to Funbeemon and Wormmon... We are assuming that we create new lines of not sharing Digimon...
    Personally, I chose Dokunemon.
    Dokunemon/Kunemon - Shellmon - Orochimon for Xuanwumon. Here it is difficult. While there could be Coatlmon, but I want avoid using armor.

Gabumon... Probably it will be completely replaced as Patamon.
    So there may be: Liollmon/ Elecmon - Leomon/Liamon - LoaderLiomon for Bauihumon

I do like Penmon as Hippogriffmon's Child. It lets the Original Five cover both Bird-type and Aquatic-type species with one member!

Triceramon evolving from Dracomon works. But I also think that he works fine as being the OG Agumon. Apparently every team needs an Agumon. (Seriously, across the franchise, there's like ten Tamers who have Agumon as their canon partner...)

No clue on Orochimon.

The internet at large seems to already love the idea of Liollmon as Daigo's partner, so I hope they're right. OG Goggle partner is a Lion. Somehow feels really fitting for this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    OG Goggle partner is a Lion. Somehow feels really fitting for this series.
    I have a strong feeling that Daigo or his partner will die like every other Leomon in the franchise.
    キーモン:ブラストモード

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast