With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1252596061626364 LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 635

Thread: The 02 chosen children in Digimon Adventure Tri

  1. #611
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,928
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie View Post
    Has Wizarmon been confirmed to be showing up in tri?
    More or less. His hat is on the poster.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  2. #612
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1
    Ok, new poster here. I just caught on to tri after catching up with old series I missed from childhood, finishing the 4th movie now. I want to point out that if I am any bit of an example of their target audience, I was the right age to watch the original digidestined in the US, but grew out of it a bit when the 02 kids and subsequent series came on. I mean, I loved Hikari and gatoman so I watched a few episodes just for her and Takeru, but it really wasn't the same. By then I was a middle school student. I collected Digimon cards before that and waited every weekend for a new episode. The 02 episodes didn't really appeal to me. I was in high school I think when the terriermon based movie came out for the following group, and I ignored most of that. Anyhow, to lure in fans like me, most of whom have recently shown their affinity to pay money for childhood relics like Pokemon games (and most who aren't in academia like I am :/) and have stable jobs, they decided to release something about the only characters that we know and love.

    That's not the 02 kids, sorry but I don't even remember them honestly, even if I had some mini plushies of their Digimon when I was a kid. They hope that those in my age range either will spend money on related products (e.g. playing games that are released) or will renew their interest and start taking their own kids to see Digimon. The whole thing seems to be for fans of the original crew, which would be those born in the late 80s to early 90s. We're old, we love those characters, we don't really care about adding in non-essential ones where every group after always had a copy of Tai with goggles or similar personality-there's not space in the character groups for them. I would probably get bored with tri if they started adding in even more people after already adding Meiko. Plus then they'd have to connect to all the following series and kids, which wouldn't make a whole bunch of sense, some of the series seeming to be created to specifically market and sell things like their card game.

    This whole set is nostalgic and meant to lure us old people who probably will have kids soon (well not me) back in. There probably won't be something about the 02 characters unless they see that it would also help with profits and interest levels in the future. Maybe this is a trial run and they'll release more movies later.

    I really like tri (except the reboot...), so it certainly has worked for me, I've even downloaded some Digimon games. But it wouldn't be the same if I didn't see the original kids, and the focus was on the next group that I barely knew and didn't like as much. I might be representative of those that watched the original episodes and fell out of it after, maybe they did some polling or market research.

  3. #613
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    112
    I've, just, noticed in the first minutes of the first Tri. movie, right when Maki's computer appears (see, for example, https://youtu.be/0KZSpn2lB5c?t=36), there isn't, just, 12 circles (Adventure chosen children+02 chosen children), there's 13 (Adventure chosen children+02 chosen children+someone else). Also, there isn't, just, 4 missing circles (02 chosen children), there's 5 (02 chosen children+someone else). Then, the question is: Who is the extra, missing, chosen child?

  4. #614
    I'm a Maniac frankiemon827's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    159
    Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardolindo View Post
    I've, just, noticed in the first minutes of the first Tri. movie, right when Maki's computer appears (see, for example, https://youtu.be/0KZSpn2lB5c?t=36), there isn't, just, 12 circles (Adventure chosen children+02 chosen children), there's 13 (Adventure chosen children+02 chosen children+someone else). Also, there isn't, just, 4 missing circles (02 chosen children), there's 5 (02 chosen children+someone else). Then, the question is: Who is the extra, missing, chosen child?
    I think it is either Meiko (which is very unlikely as she was with the adventure chosen children) or it is just an animation error

  5. #615
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by holyCat View Post
    We're old, we love those characters, we don't really care about adding in non-essential ones where every group after always had a copy of Tai with goggles or similar personality-there's not space in the character groups for them.
    That is not really accurate. The 02 cast and the original crew have co-existed for most of season 2 and three films, and they have hardly ever overlapped in terms of characteristics/behavior/their role in the show. Sure, Davis did look a lot like younger Tai (however Davis was more silly, red-blooded, and narrow-minded), but by the time the two meet, they are in completely different phases in their lives and stand for completely different things within the group. It would make sense that they would still be different from one another in Tri.

    Goggled leaders are not typically Taichi copies anyway. Takato in Digimon Tamers was the least brave and independent in his group for example. The goggles were there simply to signify who the main protagonist was.

    Quote Originally Posted by holyCat View Post
    Plus then they'd have to connect to all the following series and kids
    No they wouldn't. The characters of the first two series are connected, which is why it is so odd that there are no more mentions of the 02 kids and that's the reason this thread exists. The rest of the kids from the subsequent seasons do not exist in the same universe as the kids from the first two seasons, so it would make no sense for them to be in Tri.

    Welcome, by the way, glad that you found interest in the franchise again, hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by Grimmon; 03-19-2018 at 05:34 PM.

  6. #616
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,928
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardolindo View Post
    I've, just, noticed in the first minutes of the first Tri. movie, right when Maki's computer appears (see, for example, https://youtu.be/0KZSpn2lB5c?t=36), there isn't, just, 12 circles (Adventure chosen children+02 chosen children), there's 13 (Adventure chosen children+02 chosen children+someone else). Also, there isn't, just, 4 missing circles (02 chosen children), there's 5 (02 chosen children+someone else). Then, the question is: Who is the extra, missing, chosen child?
    I only have access to my phone right now, so itís hard to tell, but arenít the names right there on the screen? I think I remember Iori being listed twice.

  7. #617
    I come from the net Lhikan634's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Zenith Gate
    Posts
    2,449
    Yeah, there are two spots for Cody (Iori). It's probably a production error unless Project Cadmus has begun making DigiDestined clones.

  8. #618
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by holyCat View Post
    Ok, new poster here. I just caught on to tri after catching up with old series I missed from childhood, finishing the 4th movie now. I want to point out that if I am any bit of an example of their target audience, I was the right age to watch the original digidestined in the US, but grew out of it a bit when the 02 kids and subsequent series came on. I mean, I loved Hikari and gatoman so I watched a few episodes just for her and Takeru, but it really wasn't the same. By then I was a middle school student. I collected Digimon cards before that and waited every weekend for a new episode. The 02 episodes didn't really appeal to me. I was in high school I think when the terriermon based movie came out for the following group, and I ignored most of that. Anyhow, to lure in fans like me, most of whom have recently shown their affinity to pay money for childhood relics like Pokemon games (and most who aren't in academia like I am :/) and have stable jobs, they decided to release something about the only characters that we know and love.

    That's not the 02 kids, sorry but I don't even remember them honestly, even if I had some mini plushies of their Digimon when I was a kid. They hope that those in my age range either will spend money on related products (e.g. playing games that are released) or will renew their interest and start taking their own kids to see Digimon. The whole thing seems to be for fans of the original crew, which would be those born in the late 80s to early 90s. We're old, we love those characters, we don't really care about adding in non-essential ones where every group after always had a copy of Tai with goggles or similar personality-there's not space in the character groups for them. I would probably get bored with tri if they started adding in even more people after already adding Meiko. Plus then they'd have to connect to all the following series and kids, which wouldn't make a whole bunch of sense, some of the series seeming to be created to specifically market and sell things like their card game.

    This whole set is nostalgic and meant to lure us old people who probably will have kids soon (well not me) back in. There probably won't be something about the 02 characters unless they see that it would also help with profits and interest levels in the future. Maybe this is a trial run and they'll release more movies later.

    I really like tri (except the reboot...), so it certainly has worked for me, I've even downloaded some Digimon games. But it wouldn't be the same if I didn't see the original kids, and the focus was on the next group that I barely knew and didn't like as much. I might be representative of those that watched the original episodes and fell out of it after, maybe they did some polling or market research.
    Everything you've said is out of universe, what about an in-universe explanation?

  9. #619
    Red shirt Kuzehiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Witchelny
    Posts
    82
    I personally think Wizardmon will play a very important role in the Bokura no Mirai.
    There is a reason why he's not been shown in the trailers as of now. He might be related with the disappearance of the 02 kids or the crests of the original chosen children.

  10. #620
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    112
    Frankly, by this time I have, only, two theories about what happened to the 02 kids: 1. They're alive, and being kept somewhere. 2. They're dead but going to be revived, somehow.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •