With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30373839404142 LastLast

Thread: The 02 chosen children in Digimon Adventure Tri

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaVersus View Post

No, OWG is in-continuity
    How do you know?

We say this basically for no other reason than because there aren't too many contradictions between the movie and the show, and because Zero Two (and Tri) make efforts to reference the events of the movie. There is other media this is also true of.
    We can assume OWG to be in-continuity with the show because, like you stated, the show makes efforts to reference its events -- however, unlike the other media you mentioned, there are no distinct contradictions between OWG and the show.

TLDR: OWG has no contradictions on the same level as the games' contradictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
    We say this basically for no other reason than because there aren't too many contradictions between the movie and the show, and because Zero Two (and Tri) make efforts to reference the events of the movie. There is other media this is also true of.
    02 referencing the events of War Game is a pretty good reason to assume its in-continuity, to be fair.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    That's his point. It also referenced the events of Tag Tamers.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Ah. Didn't parse properly in the head the first time.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Now, I myself think that there are contradictions between the games and the anime, one of the more serious being the fact that Tag Tamers the game takes place in March while in the anime Ken's adventure with Ryo took place in the summer, which I don't think anyone in this thread has brought up yet. The game does have some bearing on the anime, of course, by virtue of being referenced, but its mechanics will have no great influence on the people behind Adventure Tri. That being said, I can't see them giving Daisuke an Ultimate other than Imperialdramon, though Ken might get GranKuwagamon somehow. I wouldn't have expected any of their Ultimates to change (if we're going to see their Ultimates, which I doubt) if it weren't for Jou's partner having stolen Iori's Vikemon.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow FlaDraChamp3 On Twitter Visit FlaDraChamp3's Youtube Channel
    I honestly really don't enjoy thjs "mystery" in Digimon Tri.
    A mystery shouldn't be following the explosion to some neat exposition that raises more questions.

I agree with JayBird C, I think Tri has this really sloply pace and execution, and this 02 thing, lets face it, seems more like a way to get them out of the camera and focus on the main cast.

But without any hints or bare bones Human Concern from the 01 kids, the 01 kids come off odd and sort of stupid.

After you save the world with someone, sticking together for months and forming a tight bond, you don't forget them when they are straight up Gone.

That's honestly terrible writing, and this is just a piece in Tri's poor writing overall.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaDraChamp3 View Post
    I honestly really don't enjoy thjs "mystery" in Digimon Tri.
    A mystery shouldn't be following the explosion to some neat exposition that raises more questions.

I agree with JayBird C, I think Tri has this really sloply pace and execution, and this 02 thing, lets face it, seems more like a way to get them out of the camera and focus on the main cast.

But without any hints or bare bones Human Concern from the 01 kids, the 01 kids come off odd and sort of stupid.

After you save the world with someone, sticking together for months and forming a tight bond, you don't forget them when they are straight up Gone.

That's honestly terrible writing, and this is just a piece in Tri's poor writing overall.
    very much a true statement... tri's writing is wack

I saw this post on tumblr recently and it seemed really relevent. https://rainbow09.tumblr.com/post/16...onfessions-pt4

A lot of people have been saying 'There's no possible way that Tri could end with a satisfying conclusion for the 02 kids!'
    Well, while this isn't perfect, it does outline ONE possible way a lot of the questions about the 02 kids could be answered, and shows how the seeds of that idea have been scattered throughout Tri already. I personally think there's a few different ways it could play out, but this particular theory ties Tri to 02 more heavily than anything else I've seen or come up with myself. So it might be something worth discussing.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    A lot of people have been saying 'There's no possible way that Tri could end with a satisfying conclusion for the 02 kids!'
    People tend to underestimate just how 'quickly' things can be tied up if a writer really wants to, especially if they know they need to wrap it up.

And of course, all the bits regarding the mentions of the 02 kids in tri. have been brought up on many occasions. Especially since tri. Part 3 came out and they gave the details of Takeru and Hikari trying to check in with the others, it's a perfectly fine explanation that lines up with the details until we find out how things end up tied up when tri. ends (and as mentioned, lines up with things mentioned in Part 1 about the kids having drifted apart to some degree.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I saw this post on tumblr recently and it seemed really relevent. https://rainbow09.tumblr.com/post/16...onfessions-pt4

Well, while this isn't perfect, it does outline ONE possible way a lot of the questions about the 02 kids could be answered, and shows how the seeds of that idea have been scattered throughout Tri already. I personally think there's a few different ways it could play out, but this particular theory ties Tri to 02 more heavily than anything else I've seen or come up with myself. So it might be something worth discussing.
    If Demon shows up as an honest-to-God character, I think I might just eat somebody's tie.