With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The 02 chosen children in Digimon Adventure Tri

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Maybe somebody will explain what happened to them but I guess the Adventure kids might start to wonder after they see the Digimon Kaiser and Imperialdramon

Red shirt
    While nothing is 100% certain until the next few movies debut, I noticed something instantly that caught my attention through watching the second film. When Ogremon appeared to become infected through the flashback scene that Leomon spoke of, the backdrop turned to a darkish red. In Reunion's first few minutes, we see the 02 cast fall to the ground with the same moody coloring. Maybe it's just the art style chosen although it might be a means of hinting the other four DigiDestined became corrupted? Whatever the reasoning, I just hope we get to see them in a larger form in the next film as their absence from everyone else in the first place is what's baffling me the most.

Out of everything that has been unexplained in Tri, this bothers me so much. When I first saw the five minute preview back before last November, I originally thought the writers had killed the 02 cast off. Now all this time later we still do not have any clue as to what happened to them. I just hope, or pray that they all come out of this okay in addition to making some sort of actual appearance at some point through the this six-part series. A whole season was based on their activities yet so far it would seem the whole group has been brushed to the side as opposed to being part of the other group.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Well tbh I don't really care about any of them aside from Davis but their lack of involvement is really concerning me.

Did the original 8 just didn't think that it is their business since they are younger/from a different clique? Davis and Yolei would be in the same school as TK and Kari so when TK and Kari got involved, I thought they would have informed Davis and Yolei as well? I can understand the lack of involvement with Ken since he is from a different area but I don't get why they didn't think of Davis when they saw Imperialdramon. Perhaps they just had no time to talk about it?

Cody would be in elementary still so I guess I can accept them not being so involved with him. Besides, I find him rather annoying so no loss there.

Also, doesn't it seem like they are replacing Yolei with Meiko?

I'm going digital
    Visit DigitalCorp's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by milky View Post

Absolutely not. Yolei was never a shrinking violet. Yolei is the antithesis of Meiko.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCorp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by milky View Post
    Absolutely not. Yolei was never a shrinking violet. Yolei is the antithesis of Meiko.
    This isn't happening (Meiko replacing Yolei that is), but multiple people are 'pointing it out' due to an inherent mental habit.

Inherently people want to explain and understand characters easily, and compare them to eachother.

So you have, as an example, Captain Kirk. A man largely thought of as a man of action, who will jump in and punch someone at a moments notice.

People tend to define Picard as the opposite, a thinking man, a man of mental strength (ignoring that Kirk was often a man of thought, and Picard had no trouble jumping in the fray.)

Then when they move onto Sisko, they tend to define him as a mix between both. Even though the vast majority of the time Sisko acts as a cerebral character. His moments of anger tend to make people think of him as a mix of both, even though he skews far closer to Picard.

All 3 are, of course, true to a degree, but not necessarily once you get past the first layer.

In the case of Digimon.

Miyako/Yolei always seemed to be defined by many people purely as a combination of Mimi and Sora (she wasn't, but it was exceedingly easy to say Mimi was a 'girly girl' and Sora was a 'tomboy' as a very basic means of describing their characters, even though even in just Adventure, these descriptors weren't necessarily 100% fact.)

So we have a new girl who has glasses, doesn't act like either, and strikes up friendships with both (although Mimi's interactions with her tend to be the most memorable, so most people only remember the Miyako and Mimi moments.)

For the time being story wise, Miyako is gone. And we have... new girl who has glasses, and doesn't act like Sora and Mimi, and for storyline reasons early on, they've REALLY joined her with Mimi, in part 2, which is still fresh in everyones mind now.

So mentally people are simply connecting her to Miyako, despite their personalities to some degree being inversions of eachother (and just saying that, whether it's true or not, is yet another example of this type of effect.)

A far more detailed answer than was needed, but sometimes being made aware of it lets people look at characters a bit deeper.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm going digital
    Marc, yes, you are correct. Your analysis is spot on. I tip my hat to your wisdom.

OK, so many of their physical characteristics are the same and some of the basic characteristics are the same ("doesn't act like Sora and Mimi, and for storyline reasons early on, they've REALLY joined her with Mimi"). However, when you get down to it, Meiko and Yolei are two completely different characters. I'm sure Yolei would team up with Mimi hard to get Meimei out of her shell.

Storywise, you get more "material" out of Yolei than with Meiko. With the latter, Mei-chan steals the show and her partner acts the confused, unsuspecting victim. Does she cheer her partner on? No. I sometimes wonder if the girl was even cut out to be a DigiDestined.

Don't get me wrong, Meiko is a nice enough girl. Quite sensitive, seems to get along with everyone in that Japanese way. She'll probably give Tai a reason to carry on, I betcha. However, she can't hold a candle to Yolei in my eyes.

I mentioned in the episode thread that they are probably infected by whatever is infecting the Digimon (which we don't of what it is yet, but in the past we've some humans taken over by data). That would explain, at least two me it does, why we have Ken running around as the Digimon Kaiser again & how else could Ken achieve a fully jogressed Imperialdramon, without Daisuke? Alphamon attacked them because they are infected just like Meicomon and the other Digimon we've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    I mentioned in the episode thread that they are mostly infected by whatever is infecting the Digimon. That would explain, at least two me it does, why we have Ken running around as the Digimon Kaiser again & how else could Ken achieve a fully jogressed Imperialdramon, without Daisuke? Alphamon attacked them because they are infected just like Meicomon and the other Digimon we've seen.
    Are you sure about that?

We've seen that Digimon can be forced to evolve before, so even if we assume that Ken 'somehow' made Imperialdramon by himself, he's forced an evolution before.

And is Alphamon infected? He doesn't seem to be. In fact, the only times we've visually seen Alphamon do anything appeared to be going after Meicoomon (whom people seem to believe may be the source, or a cause, of the infected Digimon) and (if we assume it's meant to be him) the giant hand grabbing the infected Kuwagamon.

At this stage we don't actually know what's going on.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm going digital
    And when they're forced to evolve, the results are quite disastrous. Just ask Tai, Takato, and Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCorp View Post
    And when they're forced to evolve, the results are quite disastrous. Just ask Tai, Takato, and Marcus.
    the difference in this case is... none of the other characters forced an evolution after they had already achieved the "true" version of it. Once that barrier is broken, it might as well work.
    And while the Kaiser's first experiments with skullGreymon were pretty much failures, once he perfected the spiral the evolved MetalGreymon might still be the virus version but as far as controlling and using it went that was a full success.
    And a forced evolution resulting in a mindless aggressive beast... that doesn't contradict anything we've seen in tri; Imperialdramon didn't display any personality it just attacked stuff (being a copy without memories might also explain that of course). And maybe that's all that's needed for... whatever the plan was.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast