With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The 02 chosen children in Digimon Adventure Tri

There is one other possibility. The other possibility is that all that worrying IS happening, but off camera. As a conservation of detail thing. Or perhaps a deliberate obfuscation for the audience.

I'm not saying that's good writing, but it's entirely possible we will just get some kinda flashback montage in the last movie when we actually FIND the 02 kids where it shows that the original 8 have been quietly worrying about them but then just not having enough information to DO anything about their friends' disappearances.

That's awful writing due to complete lack of proper foreshadowing/development. But it would make me hate the writers a lot less. I think.

Add ShindoW on Facebook Follow ShindoW on DeviantArt Visit ShindoW's Youtube Channel
    I agree.. I really wish they had gone with a "we forgot about the 02 kids" plot of some kind (although Takeru and Hikari would probably question why they have D-3s..)

It's just a mess.
    Check here for latest Yamato/Gabumon news and merchandise!

Junior Commander
    All the mystery related with 02 kids is pretty mishandled.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaVersus View Post
    EDIT: I just re-watched some of these scenes. Takeru even asks Hikari as they visit the Ichijouji apartment if she heard from "the others" yet, she replies that she hasn't...and Takeru basically goes, "Okay no problem everything's gonna be okay lol." Like...what? It certainly doesn't seem like they're concerned or worried. In addition, the last thing we know about Takeru's home is that he lives in the same apartment complex as Miyako and Iori, so why not check there instead of messaging them? Is it because he knows they're in the Digital World/elsewhere? If so, and they're not responding, that should make him worried and not acting casual...
    That scene in Part 3 isn't really weird in that aspect.

Hikari was pretty worried (at least for "Ichijouji-kun"), so Takeru was trying to encourage her and saying that they should investigate more. That seems pretty normal in that moment.

Which is really strange in that scene is this: Takeru supposedly live in the same apartment complex of Miyako and Iori. Also, he and Hikari supposedly go to the same school of Miyako and Daisuke. So, how they do not know about 02 kids disappearance until "Ken" appears in Part 2?
    Last edited by Kon; 03-08-2017 at 03:17 AM.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    All the mystery related with 02 kids is pretty mishandled.

EDIT: I just re-watched some of these scenes. Takeru even asks Hikari as they visit the Ichijouji apartment if she heard from "the others" yet, she replies that she hasn't...and Takeru basically goes, "Okay no problem everything's gonna be okay lol." Like...what? It certainly doesn't seem like they're concerned or worried. In addition, the last thing we know about Takeru's home is that he lives in the same apartment complex as Miyako and Iori, so why not check there instead of messaging them? Is it because he knows they're in the Digital World/elsewhere? If so, and they're not responding, that should make him worried and not acting casual...
    That scene in Part 3 isn't really weird in that aspect.

Hikari was pretty worried (at least for "Ichijouji-kun"), so Takeru was trying to encourage her and saying that they should investigate more. That seems pretty normal in that moment.
    No, it's still weird. Hikari says that about Ken, then Takeru says not to worry and they'll keep investigating -- and instead of getting any more discussion or thought on the matter, Hikari just thinks to herself that Takeru has grown up. This is all that the audience gets and it's frustrating. Basically instead of the scene actually being about the 02 kids, it exists for other reasons.

Junior Commander
    No, it's still weird. Hikari says that about Ken, then Takeru says not to worry and they'll keep investigating -- and instead of getting any more discussion or thought on the matter, Hikari just thinks to herself that Takeru has grown up. This is all that the audience gets and it's frustrating. Basically instead of the scene actually being about the 02 kids, it exists for other reasons.

I understand your annoyance regarding this situation. The problem is that Tri's staff clearly wants to keep hidden all this weird mystery about 02 kids (so there aren't scenes entirely about 02 kids).

However, my point is that Hikari and Takeru were not acting weird in that particular scene in Part 3. They were worried and confused for the situation of "Ken" (and I guess they discussed more of the subject off camera).

An example where digidestined act weird is when they smile relieved for the apparent death of Imperialdramon in Part 2. That does not make any sense in Tri.
    Last edited by Kon; 03-08-2017 at 05:49 AM.

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Follow Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    1) ...the 02 kids go without Takeru and Hikari? When did the 02 team EVER function without Takeru and Hikari in tow besides being split up for brief moments? (Even in Hurricane Touchdown, they're separated but they meet up soon enough...)
    I was also wondering when I saw the 02 kids got beaten up. What? They went against Alphamon with only 4 of them? All they had was Imperialdramon Fighter Mode(who couldn't even beat any Ultimate level Digimon all alone during his own season, anyway), Aquilamon, and Digmon? One Super Ultimate, one Adult, and one Armor? As if that's enough to beat the leader of Royal Knights...
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

I theorize that mysterious man could have lured them as gennai making it seem he needed help with something minor in the dw. But it was a trap to rid of them or capture them.

Only things i still dont get are why MM would need to take out those four specifically. Why not hikari and takeru? They hold d3s as well if that was MMs main target.

And why have maki have kens digivice? She didn't need it. Was it because he still had a crest?

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post

I understand your annoyance regarding this situation. The problem is that Tri's staff clearly wants to keep hidden all this weird mystery about 02 kids (so there aren't scenes entirely about 02 kids).

However, my point is that Hikari and Takeru were not acting weird in that particular scene in Part 3. They were worried and confused for the situation of "Ken" (and I guess they discussed more of the subject off camera).

An example where digidestined act weird is when they smile relieved for the apparent death of Imperialdramon in Part 2. That does not make any sense in Tri.
    I think you're confusing the characters acting weird vs. the writers making a weird decision when it comes to the type of information we as the audience members are given. I'm talking about the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    I theorize that mysterious man could have lured them as gennai making it seem he needed help with something minor in the dw. But it was a trap to rid of them or capture them.

Only things i still dont get are why MM would need to take out those four specifically. Why not hikari and takeru? They hold d3s as well if that was MMs main target.

And why have maki have kens digivice? She didn't need it. Was it because he still had a crest?
    Ooh that's a good theory!

If we assume the Digital gate was closed and it took the power of a crest and a D3 and perhaps some tech from Malk's organization to open it... then things start to fall into place.

Gennai/MM lured the kids, as you say, and he was working with Maki to do it. They get her help opening the Gate, entrusting Ken's D3 to her in the process. Probably didn't contact the other 8 due to whatever fake threat "Gennai" came up with that required immediate action.

If Gennai/MM is working with Yggdrasil, then Alphamon working for Yggdrasil isn't much of a stretch, and he defeats the four kids.

Now WHY he needed just those four is in question. Maybe it's just a divide and conquer strategy and he knows he can make them disappear and they won't notice for a while?
    Maybe it's something more important like, as some have speculated, he needs the power of four Chosen to revive Four Dark Masters or Four Holy Beasts. (Or maybe to reseal Four Holy Beasts? Those four in particular happen to represent 8 Digimentals/Crests on their own, including Miracles and Kindness in place of Hope and Light.)

If there were two sides conspiring to keep the disappearance of the 02 kids a secret, it's not quite as far fetched that the 8 kids didn't notice them missing. Who knows what kind of information Maki has been covering up? Or Gennai/Yggdrasil for that matter?

Banned
    Yah, it's really annoying how they are trying to keep things hidden for the 02 cast and how no one from the Adventure cast has even brought up concern for them. All I can say is, better be good for them. I say give us a 02 Tri series next, I want to see what happened to them during all this after those events.

This is goes in the trope, with friends like these ...Seriously pisses me off how Adventure kids during the time of piece nothing. If you ignore the writers it's very out of character for these Guy's to not worry about the 02 cast after seeing Ken return as Kaiser in that one scene in movie two and the fused Digimon what looks like being controlled, come on man.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast