With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Leadup Aftermath - More Anime and Manga (New Anime: Demon Detective Nougami Neuro)

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Finished another new show recently.

Demon Detective Nougami Neuro
    This was an interesting one, not quite what I was expecting, but enjoyable once I got used to it. It's not necessarily a show I'd recommend if you're interested in actual mystery, since the solution of the crimes Neuro investigates (or at least their perpetrators) tend to be pretty obvious. On the whole the show was a bit sillier than I expected it to be, but that's not really a bad thing. There were several times the slapstick elements made me laugh. After a few episodes I was familiar with its quirks (like the goofy transformations the murderers undergo when they're exposed) and wound up really enjoying it. There was a minor plot hole or two, probably attributable to the adaptation process. I would like to read the manga eventually, which is one of those that wasn't finished when the anime aired, but sadly it doesn't seem to be available in English. Last thing I have to say about the series is an interesting bit of trivia: Neuro's "family name" is fittingly made up of the kanji for "brain" and "chew."

Currently I'm taking a bit of a break from anime. I recently bought the four-book omnibus version of the Cardcaptor Sakura manga, and I've been reading that. Currently about halfway through the second book. When I'm finished, I may go ahead and start on Clear Card, though I'm unsure about that, since it's still being published.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    Clear Card sure was something. I wonder if they'll ever air any more of it.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112