With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Woo!

Add RawEffect on Steam Add RawEffect on DeviantArt Visit RawEffect on XBox Live

Woo!

I'm finally going back to college to hopefully take my first step to my true dream job. I currently am a fabricator for industrial components for things such as construction waste shredders and what not(Big hulking things they are). But I have always wanted to get into cinematography. So everything from lighting ,editing and stage hand to actual camera work. Honestly I would prefer to stick with editing. I took a few video production classes in high school and got good grades. But it was the fun I had with every aspect for the work with people to create a shared idea and make it true.

I know it a big leap from what I do now and I got out of high school when I was seventeen but, thinking of all the possible things I could end up doing makes me giddy.

Anyone want to share some hopes they have for the future?
    Not to long ago in a place very, very close. There live a boy. and he was into video games to much and only had like...
    four friends. But they were good peoples. and good peoples are awesome.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Find your four or more and stick with 'em.

PSN: PremiumOatmeal

Hey, welcome to WtW!

So you went straight to work after high school?

I'm in my last year at a state college. Going to take a gap year before applying to med school.

Quote Originally Posted by Py687 View Post
    Hey, welcome to WtW!

So you went straight to work after high school?

I'm in my last year at a state college. Going to take a gap year before applying to med school.
    Yeah I went to work right away. I wanted money so that I know that I'll have a good head start on loans and what not. I plan on going to UofO, they have great video production programs.

And med school?! BADASS! This may sound odd but when I was around 12 I wanted to be a Pathologist. It still sounds like it would be a great profession to take.
    Last edited by RawEffect; 12-03-2015 at 08:01 AM.
    Not to long ago in a place very, very close. There live a boy. and he was into video games to much and only had like...

Quote Originally Posted by RawEffect View Post
    And med school?! BADASS! This may sound odd but when I was around 12 I wanted to be a Pathologist. It still sounds like it would be a great profession to take.
    Well, that's the plan, at least. And yeah, pathology is an interesting field. I'm especially interested in microbiology.

Quote Originally Posted by Py687 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RawEffect View Post
    Well, that's the plan, at least. And yeah, pathology is an interesting field. I'm especially interested in microbiology.
    Cells, bacteria, viruses and things of the sort? Or genetic coding? idk... I'm not the brittlest tool in the shed.

Well I'm all paid up for starting my first semester starting on the 4th of January. just Going to take a math class; I scroed into Math 65(not very high I've even only done simple math since graduating High School. And the other class is a creative writing class. Its a pre-requisite class for I can even apply for a Video Production Class.
    I'm very excited. Wont have to deal with hypothermic temperatures during the colder sessions and blistering heat in spring and summer. I'f I start with two or three classes a semester.

Thumbs Down

So school for me is going great. I'm taking a math and creative writing classes.

I'm really good at math now. Working on the shop floor for a fabrication shop works wonders into making a C math student into an A math student. Given that I'm only taking math 65. So its basic college math. I don't need any further math credits after this one. But I might be changing my career already for transferring to a culinary school. I had worked in a kitchen for all of my time at high school. Just as a sous chef. I had a lot for fun with the working environment of it all.

Food handlers cards are very easy to get. Just a very small online test and then you can just print it out and laminate it to keep it safe and what not. I've been flexing my culinary mussels...(See what I did there?). But no really I have been making very nice meals for friends and making sure the are almost a restaurant presentation level. I completely copped a meal I had from a local restaurant call Oswego Grill. It was a grilled rock-fish(it tasted just like halibut). over a sweet long grain wild rice topped with a fresh strawberry(Did you know strawberry's are classified as an accessory fruit and not berry's?) and blueberry yogurt. But I used halibut instead of rock-fish. I have a fantastic kitchen for my apartment so I had space for all of this going on at once. and put on a bit of a messy show for my friend. the only thing I couldn't get right was the rice. I couldn't remember what the rice tasted like so I had no idea what I should have done for it but I thought I would just wing it. The rice was lack luster but the fish was seasoned almost to perfectly match the rock-fish and yogurt(the yogurt was easy).

Then I tried my had at some shell fish. I started with mussels. I found an easy white wine, butter, onion, garlic, cilantro and chicken broth.
    So easy and good. it took about 5 mins. of prep and anothe 5 mins. of cooking. Mussels cook super easily. just bring the liquid to a steamy boil and add the mussels. and let them steam or about two and a half minuets and then stir the mussel to bring the bottom mussels to the top.not everything seeps into the broth and make everything in the broth.

I like cooking.