With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: tri. Part 1 Theater Pamphlet Scans and Production Materials

tri. Part 1 Theater Pamphlet Scans and Production Materials

We have some scans of the theater pamphlet for tri. part 1.

For the moment we aren't sure if this is the entire pamphlet (at the very least it appears the cover and back are missing.)

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

All these images really makes me hope we get a tri. artbook. I'd import that in a minute.

There appears to be lots of good information here, hopefully it gets translated quickly.

We do have one bit translated thanks to our good friend Shinraisei. The pamphlet re-confirms that only the D-3's can open digital gates, and that then they simply... stopped... so no more travel to the Digital World.

It appears the pamphlet is being sold in the lobby of theaters showing tri for 800 yen.

Thanks to Reimomo for tracking these down on weibo.

Edit- And now we have some photos of some tri. production materials.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

The handful of images includes shots of scripts, lineart, storyboards, and what appears to be several hand drawn key-frames.

Thanks to krfz41 for noticing them and for a Twitter for posting them.

Edit- More production materials from tri.

Edit- More production materials from tri. from a Twitter user. A few of these are close ups or angled shots of things we've seen before, but the art detail makes it work it to post them in this form also.

Edit- At Jump Festa there was a display with some color production materials. Thanks to a Twitter user for the image. Some of the images on display we've seen elsewhere (in this thread even!) but there are new ones.

Image Thumbnail
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Py687 on Steam Visit Py687's Xbox Live Profile
    Agumon pls. Why do you almost always look so bad in every Tri release material I see.

Digging everyone's outfits. Also cool to see goggle and harmonica sketches.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Image Thumbnail
    Looks like I will have to rewatch the movie. The quoted pamphlet page shows that WarGreymon seems to have some changes to his shoulder armour and Dramon Breakers. Not sure if the changes appear in the movie...

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    There are generally two things that make me giddy with Digimon stuff. The music and art work. So yes, I feel giddy at seeing these scans.

Follow A7ac4ma On Twitter Follow A7ac4ma on DeviantArt
    It's always cool when we get to see these drawings. Meiko looks absolutely adorable in this, and I've got to say that I'm really digging WarGreymon's new design on the Dramon Killers and pauldrons.

Sig by Garmmon

Add Py687 on Steam Visit Py687's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritdracmon View Post
    Looks like I will have to rewatch the movie. The quoted pamphlet page shows that WarGreymon seems to have some changes to his shoulder armour and Dramon Breakers. Not sure if the changes appear in the movie...
    Good eye. I checked and the WarGreymon in Tri indeed sports that new design. Not a fan personally.
    Last edited by Py687; 11-22-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Not fond of the character models used for the child Digimon in the movie at all :| I don't like the colours (Agumon's is especially pale compared to Adventure), and I personally found the eyelashes on the female Digimon jarring. I greatly prefer Uki Atsuya's promotional drawings for them (in the poster and the char profiles on the website). I like detailed mechas and stuff though so Wargreymon's redesign appealed to me more, lol.
    I have a huge essay of nitpicks about the movie's animation so i'll just leave it at that (still loved the movie though)

Haven't read through the whole pamphlet, but just a few minor things:
    - The 'evolution' part mentions that Adults evolve into Perfects using the crests and tags even though they're physically gone now, not sure if they're referring just to Adventure
    - The 'gate' part does mention that the D3 used to be able to open the gate to the Digital World, but for some unknown reason they've stopped being able to.
    - not that anything has said otherwise, but there's a part in the pamphlet which mentions the technology/major events in (our world's) 2005, so they're definitely trying to keep with the year it's set in.

edit: I never noticed it before, but tri Patamon is vaccine attribute..they're kinda inconsistent about adventure Patamon's attribute, but iirc it was data until at some point it started becoming vaccine or something? idk /nitpick
    Last edited by Garmmon; 11-22-2015 at 03:47 AM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I don't like WarGreymon's new look. I'm tired of seeing giant spikes being slapped on everywhere to makes things look cooler. They're like the pouches from 90s comics.

Interesting that below the "default" key art pieces for the Digimon, there's an old one re-done in the tri. mold. Except for Palmon, did she make that dancing/legs spread pose before?

Junior Commander
    I'm totally gonna keep an eye out for this pamphlet on eBay. Low chances, I'm sure, but unless this is gonna be compiled into an artbook, I definitely wanna own these pamphlets if possible.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast