With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would a Rookie DNA Digivolution look different ?

Ain't got no mojo...

Would a Rookie DNA Digivolution look different ?

Since rookies aren't developed fully.. Would a DNA Digivolution (Champion) look like a actual champion?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Yes. Child-level Digimon have Jogressed just fine in the video games. Sunburst/Moonlight is a good example. Piyomon + DORUmon = Aquilamon, Mushmon + Tekkamon = BomberNanimon, BlackAgumon + PicoDevimon = Devidramon, etc.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    I agree with the above. Its simple math, and data. If Jogress is Joint Progress, then 2+2=4 should be the same result as 1+3=4, even though one of the values is evidently lower. It has been shown in many Digimon games though that a Child Digimon (or any level, really) with higher levels, stats, or previous Jogress experience may allow for different Jogress combinations than that of a base level Digimon.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chinookcrafts

Digimon Tags, Legend of Zelda Rupees, Pokemon Evolution Stones, and more...

Conversely, Paildramon + Wormmon > Stingmon.

Which is a Jogress, according to the series.

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    That is very true. Then you've got the weird canon jogress/combinations that existed in Frontier. Such as the 3x Mushroomon -> Woodmon. And even the Pendulum series allows a Perfect Digimon to 'share' its power with an Adult through Jogress, evolving the other Digimon without evolving itself.

Jogress sure is magical.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chinookcrafts

Digimon Tags, Legend of Zelda Rupees, Pokemon Evolution Stones, and more...

Interestingly, Rookie and below originally couldnít DNA Digivolve.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I do think having rookies DNA in actual canon would be interesting. So not random ones in games like Dawn where literally everything can DNA - an actual canon two rookies merging into a new Champion that hasn't existed before. In either the games (like when Mastemon/BoltBoutamon suddenly arrived) or the anime (Like Oridinemon even if it's technically not a DNA). Two protags merging their rookies would be interesting... but I guess it's always said that Rookies have the power to get to Champion and it's Ultimate that is harder and needs assistance (crest, dna, blue card etc) so it'll probably never happened properly.

As far as i understand, digivolution is very difficult to predict.
    So it most certainly will look different.
    ---------

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Add Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I do think having rookies DNA in actual canon would be interesting. So not random ones in games like Dawn where literally everything can DNA - an actual canon two rookies merging into a new Champion that hasn't existed before.
    Shoutmon X2 and DoGatchmon immediately come to mind. Yes, they are DigiXros and AppGattai respectively, but we can feel both their pre-evolutions in them.
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I do think having rookies DNA in actual canon would be interesting. So not random ones in games like Dawn where literally everything can DNA - an actual canon two rookies merging into a new Champion that hasn't existed before.
    Shoutmon X2 and DoGatchmon immediately come to mind. Yes, they are DigiXros and AppGattai respectively, but we can feel both their pre-evolutions in them.
    Shoutmon X2 is a good example, actually. Fair enough. X3 as well, I'd put down as a Champion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast